2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thinking about selling mine still..
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Any one know why Guard has been dropped and not even replaced by another green?
I personally thought it was ugly... Not a popular color... Anything that gets dropped normally isn't a very popular color.

I personally Prefer a White or Black color.... makes for a nice Canvas to make the car your own and can have a rather large option of colors you can add onto it....

Even though I have CO in my Sig I ended up with a black PP GT loaded. You can work with a lot of different colors with that or a white base.... Guard and RR IMO are really hard to work with.... and usually I can only see black rims or Vinyl with them... CO isn't that much better if at all really.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I personally thought it was ugly... Not a popular color... Anything that gets dropped normally isn't a very popular color.

I personally Prefer a White or Black color.... makes for a nice Canvas to make the car your own and can have a rather large option of colors you can add onto it....

Even though I have CO in my Sig I ended up with a black PP GT loaded. You can work with a lot of different colors with that or a white base.... Guard and RR IMO are really hard to work with.... and usually I can only see black rims or Vinyl with them... CO isn't that much better if at all really.
My Bronze rims seem to think otherwise.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I get compliments all.the.time on this color.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

A cool color doesn't have to be universally accepted. But nonetheless it's great when the manufacturer makes cars available in colors other then the norm.

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

Nothing like admitting you have bad taste. It's a great color. It's usually the rare colors that are later desired. I don't think it will ever be a much desired color like say some individual bmw colors and rare colors on the older M3s but people were definitely hesitant to order it. Friend at work with a magnetic car regretted his order once we were side by side in the lot.

Guard requires extra paint, as did dib and it may be no coincidence they were dropped. The other color is the dark metallic red (can't remember the name).

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
My first choice was a gaurd PP with 50th package but we had a green pearl 2014 Santa Fe turbo and the wife didn't want 2 green cars at the same time. Green pearl is one of the best colors when done right. This color was dropped after 2 years and we had this one shipped in from Charleston SC due to the rarity of the color.
20170820_084707.jpg

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I got LB, initially disappointed when DIB and Guard were dropped.
Guard is a subtle colour - understated. Ok with black roof of convertible. Looks great with nickel alloys.
Love my LB but appreciate Guard and it would have been on my list if still available.

drummingrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I saw a Guard Green PP yesterday at Duvall Ford in Clayton, GA. Just thought I would pass that along.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Any one know why Guard has been dropped and not even replaced by another green?
Because not enough people wanted it. Greens in general are not very popular.

Retro colors like Competition Orange and Grabber Blue have been around since the 60's. They reintroduce them for a couple of years then retire them until the next time.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nothing like admitting you have bad taste. It's a great color. It's usually the rare colors that are later desired. I don't think it will ever be a much desired color like say some individual bmw colors and rare colors on the older M3s but people were definitely hesitant to order it. Friend at work with a magnetic car regretted his order once we were side by side in the lot.

Guard requires extra paint, as did dib and it may be no coincidence they were dropped. The other color is the dark metallic red (can't remember the name).
True on the paint. When measuring the clear on my car for a detail, many areas if my car had 5 mm. Thats pretty thick for a production vehicle.

Also very true about rare colors and desirability

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Retro colors like Competition Orange and Grabber Blue have been around since the 60's. They reintroduce them for a couple of years then retire them until the next time.
I only seen one grabber blue S550 base GT around my parts (city of 800000), mine. The vast majority are red or black, third would be white. Seen every other colour offered a few times over. IIRC GB was '17 only.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
True on the paint. When measuring the clear on my car for a detail, many areas if my car had 5 mm. Thats pretty thick for a production vehicle.

Surely you mean 5 mil as in 0.005". I can definitely tell you that there isn't 5 mm of paint on there :lol:

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

Should be. I work in the paint shoppe at a ford production plant ;)

Hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I have guard green i absolutely love that color
Sponsored