Convertible Top Replacement

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
With about 2K miles on the car I noticed that the fabric top developed knots and small tears. The pattern followed the arc of the rear window seam. Drove it to a local dealer who took pictures and sent the info to Ford. Within a short period of time the clam was rejected by Ford. I called Ford with the case number and stated the dealer agreed with me that is was a defect. Both the dealer and the Ford rep were very professional with the discussions. Within a day the dealer called and advised me that the work had been approved and the parts would be in their shop in about two days. The work was expected to take at least two days whereas at the end of each day I was advised of the status. The car was returned to me within the promised time frame.

The service dept did the repair not the body shop. It sounds if the factory replacement is setup for the service side of the building to handle it also. I am guessing the book time is around 16 hours. Very happy with the quality of work with the repair and the handling of the problem by Ford and the dealer.
Sponsored

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
Do you have any pictures? I have a small tear on the drivers side of my rear window and I don't know where it came from.

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
With about 2K miles on the car I noticed that the fabric top developed knots and small tears. The pattern followed the arc of the rear window seam. Drove it to a local dealer who took pictures and sent the info to Ford. Within a short period of time the clam was rejected by Ford. I called Ford with the case number and stated the dealer agreed with me that is was a defect. Both the dealer and the Ford rep were very professional with the discussions. Within a day the dealer called and advised me that the work had been approved and the parts would be in their shop in about two days. The work was expected to take at least two days whereas at the end of each day I was advised of the status. The car was returned to me within the promised time frame.

The service dept did the repair not the body shop. It sounds if the factory replacement is setup for the service side of the building to handle it also. I am guessing the book time is around 16 hours. Very happy with the quality of work with the repair and the handling of the problem by Ford and the dealer.
Wow, great to hear that you were taken care of! Do you have any pictures of said issues with the top?

OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
There,s a knot up above the rear quarter window before the window seam. Two tears that follow the arc. I think is was due to the machine that made the seam and it damaged the fabric. The was also a small knot on the top close to the seam also.

[/url]https://flic.kr/p/G5z8k2

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Nice to see I'm not the only one.
What do you think
image1.JPG