The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Ford Mustang GT500

Don't worry he will come back to the stable soon. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

:ford:
Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Congrats OP, I would highly recommend investing in a set of 10.5 rear wheel setup with drag radials.

I love the Sublime and Go Mango but don't know how you can drive that thing around without going to jail lol. I went with Max Steele hoping that I can blend in a little more.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
My dad just traded his '11 Z06 for a new Hellcat Challenger a couple weeks ago!!! He's 71yrs old and 6ft 2" and it was painful watching him fold his body up like a lawn chair to get in and out of the 'vette.

The ZF transmission programming in the Hellcat is phenomenal. It only has 200 miles on as of last weekend, and he is "breaking it in" per the owner manual. The fast shifting with partial throttle inputs still results in mesmerizing exhaust pops. If I had the money....
It is no PDK but I am also really impressed with the ZF 8 speed. It is light years ahead of the auto Mustang offers.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I was going to say ive ran against two Hell kittys in the last three months and i was door to door with both. i wasnt impressed. i am boosted and a few little add ons... lol

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I got nothing against Dodge, but the challenger is such a damn big car. The S550 is already huge, I can't imagine getting something bigger than this. The powertrain is great but its such a damn big and heavy car.

And for some reason, the challenger is the only car out of the three muscle cars that I dislike the exterior. I like the charger, but the challenger doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Just my opinion.

All that being said, Congrats on the new car! Hope you enjoy it.
It is massive but that results in a completely different driving experience. It is a better daily driver and much more comfortable vs. the Mustang or Camaro (owned both).

As far as the looks go it is the only one that still looks like a muscle car. I do think it is some what ugly compared to the Mustang, but it has so much road presence and character to make up for it.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
What's funny is that when you see the Challenger, it looks soooo wide. But it is the same width as the vette... 76 inches.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Wider is better ...

at least when it comes to Kim & Hellcats. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

:ford:
kim.jpeg

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
It feels surreal. It feels as if you were a God among men. You are driving one of the most powerful factory vehicles in the world and it just makes you have a permanent grin on your face. I feel like when all the lions form Voltron and Im slaying robeasts with my sword. And that supercharger whine is intoxicating. Every time i drive it and hear that, i know exactly where my monthly payment is going, To my smile.
Voltron is the shit.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I considered buying a Hellcat last summer, but would have needed to trade in my '14 GT to swing the deal and I plan on keeping my '14 GT forever as it has been an awesome car. So, I did the next best thing. I kept my '14 GT and bought a '16 Challenger Scat Pack with the 485 hp 6.4L Hemi and A8 trans. I love both cars for slightly different reasons as they are similar, yet different, as others have mentioned.

Congrats to the OP! Great looking Hellcat!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bang Stang

Bang Stang

Chicks love the BangStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sublime Hellcat Challenger 6m
I was going to say ive ran against two Hell kittys in the last three months and i was door to door with both. i wasnt impressed. i am boosted and a few little add ons... lol
Anyone can make any car fast with enough money and mods. I could have easily modded my stang to be faster than a Hellcat. There are plenty of examples of that. But I chose to buy the Hellcat because of what it represents. The pinnacle of modern muscle and engines(for now). How far technology has come we are truly living in the golden era of muscle cars. I just wanted to own a piece of that era. Plus the name itself Hellcat invokes a reaction that my stang just couldnt.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I love it. Perfect colour too!

Will you get the hood wrapped black?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Me personally, I'd prefer the Charger over the Challenger. I'd love to get a white one! That green is nice though.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Sorry guys I had to step up my game. I am in another class now. This bad boy is so awesome. I get asked all the time, was it worth the money? and I always say hell yeah!!! Its been fun and I got a lot of good information from this site. But its time to part ways. Happy trails Mustang owners.
Good man, I see you went with the manual. Did you add the Cat Heads to the fenders? I know 15's just say "Supercharged" on the fenders they didn't start using the Cat heads until 16. Love Sublime Green.

I made the same switch a few months ago. I went from a 17 GT350 to a 16 Challenger Hellcat. I really liked my GT350. Nothing sounds like a Voodoo. winding out that motor was intoxicating. The main reason I sold my GT350 was I got a very good offer at the right time. I really only had 3 complaints about the GT350. 1.) No tq below 3500 RPM, 2.) Clutch 3.) Tramilining. None of these 3 complaints would have made me sell it.

I had a local dealer that had 3 M6 Challenger Hellcat's on their floor and they already had 3 17's and the Demon had been announced. It was also the last day of the month. I got into it for 599 a month (Includes PA use tax) with ) down with 12k miles per year for 36 months. I then pointed a buddy to them and he leased the second Pitch Black M6 HC. I liked the car so much, I went back at the end of March for a 1500 mile oil change and they still had 1 HC left. I had no plans of buying another but I had been going back and forth on the color when I leased the first one. I leased the Pitch Black for business use so I still wanted to replace my GT350 "fun" car. The dealer wanted that last 16 off his showroom floor so much that he took 14k off a 70k HC. I could not pass on a 56k HC. This was the absolute best deal on a car I ever got.

As a quick review of my impressions of the Challenger HC, The tq is amazing. From off idle to 6k RPM it pulls like a freight train. The IHI Supercharger sound is out of this world. Again, just tip in and it starts whining. It's a big comfortable car. It was also much cheaper in the end than my GT350. Downsides are it is a BIG heavy car. The GT350 handled much better. Not even close. The car comes with skinny-ass P275 tires. If you get one, you need to factor in a set of Factory Reproduction 10.5 wheels with sticky P305 or P315 tires or forget about 1st gear. It's useless with any medium/heavy throttle. Even though you don't buy a HC or GT350 for fuel economy, the M6 HC is brutal. At 75 your turning 2100 RPM. I do a lot of long haul drives and the very best mileage I got over a 500 mile, all highway trip was 19.7. In the suburban area where I live, 15 tops. Typically more like 13.5.

I'm not a fanboy. I have had a Chevy, Ford and Dodge in the last 3 years. I'm manufacturer agnostic. In fairness, you can't really compare the C7 to the GT350 or Hellcat. They are all different cars with different base purposes. I like them all. At this time, the HC best suits my needs.

Good luck OP! I hope you enjoy it.
Sponsored