Sponsored

This is a Thing Now?

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Yeah, I’m not in my 20’s and subsequently not amongst the new generation of forum dwellers. But…as the generation who invented forums, I feel that I can say this without much remorse; why the hell do people who are no longer part of a specific forum content still scratch around on them?

For example, you had a Mustang, became a member of a Mustang forum, and then sold it last year to buy another car, yet you still check the Mustang forums. That in itself, maybe I could understand. You make friends; you want to keep up with the latest, okay – understandable. BUT…to go on these forums, make comments almost bragging about how much better your new car is than your previous car? It’s borderline narcissistic. What, you want to sell the idea to others so they can join you? That’s not creepy at all.

There are PLENTY of non-specific car forums where you can get off making apples to oranges comparisons on how much faster your ZL1 or Hellcat is compared to your CAI and axle-back Mustang was. Just make sure you toss the Kleenex when you’re done.
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Well some people just like to brag and want to think what they have is better then everyone else to make themselves feel more empowered over the next guy. Then you have the guys that are never satisfied no matter what they have it will never be enough horsepower.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah its like trading a stang in on new prius then coming back and bragging about how much better the gas mileage is!

OP
OP
Binfordtools

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
:paddle:

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Yeah its like trading a stang in on new prius then coming back and bragging about how much better the gas mileage is!
Funny you say that cos I only now offloaded MX5 for my GT auto and it's not far off the Mazda with fuel economy.
True, but I drive everywhere like Nanna.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone specific in mind when creating this thread?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Binfordtools

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I stopped posting here because I can't find much positive to say about my car 2 years into ownership,
Even complaining about a car you currently own is fine on a forum FOR that car. But if you sell you car, but a ZL1, then for some reason feel the need to come back and tell everyone how great your Camaro is, what f**king purpose does that serve? I just don't get it.

It's like breaking up with your psycho girlfriend, then telling your new girlfriend what a crazy b**tch she was. WTF cares!!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, I'm keeping my stang and I'm excited about the flex fuel dyno tune that I'm getting done on june 5th. The car has been running on 93+ octane booster since my build! There's a saying out there, "its cheaper to keep her"!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Even complaining about a car you currently own is fine on a forum FOR that car. But if you sell you car, but a ZL1, then for some reason feel the need to come back and tell everyone how great your Camaro is, what f**king purpose does that serve? I just don't get it.

It's like breaking up with your psycho girlfriend, then telling your new girlfriend what a crazy b**tch she was. WTF cares!!
Not sure how true that is here. Some people just cant separate disappointment of a specific aspect of a car for hatered of the car and Ford. They make it their pesonal mission to argue negative thing brought up even if the discribed problem doesnt effect them. If fact, this post will probably trigger them too.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
But…as the generation who invented forums,
Yea, like Gore invented the internet.

why the hell do people who are no longer part of a specific forum content still scratch around on them?
Habit... and their real life has no friends in it... they are lonely... Give them a hard time, they will leave. :D
Sponsored