Sponsored

Cleaning caring for the black plastic lip on the PP

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I hit mine, right off the showroom floor, with Cquartz. Two years later, it all still looks like new, but I redid it anyway. I got only a slight deepening of the black. All-in-all, this is my go-to from now on for black plastics.
Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
It will last you a good 18 months or more, if you use your car like me (rarely, always garaged) then it will truly last forever.
Thought I'd give an update on the Gtechniq C4. It's been over a month since I applied it and the car has been hand washed probably 4 or 5 times.

The C4 still has the plastic looking brand new. The stuff works great and it's just matter of how long it lasts. :cheers:

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Got a sample kit of Solution Finish. We'll see how it holds up, but a week after application it still looks great.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thought I'd give an update on the Gtechniq C4. It's been over a month since I applied it and the car has been hand washed probably 4 or 5 times.

The C4 still has the plastic looking brand new. The stuff works great and it's just matter of how long it lasts. :cheers:
I'm around 10 months and still flawless

Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Get it painted gloss black from your best local body shop. Buy 3M clear bra rolls and wrap them yourself after they have aired out to protect from chipping. Permanent solution that's classy.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Get it painted gloss black from your best local body shop. Buy 3M clear bra rolls and wrap them yourself after they have aired out to protect from chipping. Permanent solution that's classy.

If you're gonna spend a bunch of money and change the appearance, why not just trade out for carbon fiber pieces?

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're gonna spend a bunch of money and change the appearance, why not just trade out for carbon fiber pieces?
Respectfully, that doesn't make sense economically. 3M stock clear bra costs $40 for a lengthy roll, and the total cost quotes to me by the best auto shop in my town was $400 for all the textures pieces on my vehicle-- even less if I removed them myself and brought them in.

A single carbon fiber lip would cost maybe 500-600 for my PP. not to mention caring for clear coated carbon fiber is worse than paint.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Respectfully, that doesn't make sense economically. 3M stock clear bra costs $40 for a lengthy roll, and the total cost quotes to me by the best auto shop in my town was $400 for all the textures pieces on my vehicle-- even less if I removed them myself and brought them in.
And yet, you just suggested a $440 solution vs a $20-40 plastic restorer/protectant.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yet, you just suggested a $440 solution vs a $20-40 plastic restorer/protectant.
That you have to apply once every 2 weeks if you DD your vehicle, not to mention the amount of time spent that low scrubbing and cleaning, a completely seperate care system than for taking care of the paint.

The amount of money saved by not having to buy specialty care products, the time saved by not having to re apply, and not to mention the fact that once you spend the $440, generally that's a once in a life time purchase presuming you care for your vehicle properly. The separate care product is what, $20 for the larger bottle? The amount of time alone spend brushing all the textured parts is abhorrent when thinking about how much collective time will be spent doing the same repretitive task every two weeks well into 5-10 years from now.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I tend to reserve the term abhorrent to describe things like blowing people up at a concert. Lets say that you do use a strictly dressing-based product like CarPro PERL ($16 for 500ml) every 2 weeks: I could probably do all the trim in less than 5 min along with the tires at the end of a wash. Or you could use something like Getchniq C4 ($40) and still have great results after 10+ months like PatrickGT mentioned.
Sponsored