Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I don't think many people have the metra kit yet. But all the stuff on here about failing screens seems to be scosche kit. I'm not sure metra would be better, their electronics can be sketchy too.
Think Metra had a recall when they first came out but not hearing as many issues with the Metra kit as the Scorche. Going to go with the Metra kit I think when I upgrade my system.
Sponsored

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
Got the metra unit today. No resolution to the scosche issues yet. It's over 100 degrees here and no ac in my car....

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Got the metra unit today. No resolution to the scosche issues yet. It's over 100 degrees here and no ac in my car....
Nice, keep us posted if the Metra is more stable. One of my concerns with these kits is issues like this with the HVAC.

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Good luck on your installation. I hope they fixed the issues with the metra kit and it works well. I had a few issues you may want to look out for with the metra kit

1. the steering wheel controls had an S video connector, which had bent pins about 3 seconds after touching it.
2. The bezel for the 4 buttons at the bottom was slightly off, causing the traction control button to not work at all and the hazards to stick on occasion.
3. The sync relocation brackets weren't even close. You could jury rig one.
4. not really a negative but pretty annoying - the wiring harness for the metra is friggin huge compared to the sosche.

positives were the climate controls always worked and sync was retained. The fit and finish on the Metra not quite as good as the sosche.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Good luck on your installation. I hope they fixed the issues with the metra kit and it works well. I had a few issues you may want to look out for with the metra kit

1. the steering wheel controls had an S video connector, which had bent pins about 3 seconds after touching it.
2. The bezel for the 4 buttons at the bottom was slightly off, causing the traction control button to not work at all and the hazards to stick on occasion.
4. not really a negative but pretty annoying - the wiring harness for the metra is friggin huge compared to the sosche.

positives were the climate controls always worked and sync was retained. The fit and finish on the Metra not quite as good as the sosche.
hopefully sync is not required? thats a dealbreaker for me. my sync module is in a box and aint going back in till i sell the car.

Sponsored

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)

I'll deal with the rest. Hvac is a high priority for me

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Well so far the Metra is worse than the scoshe... Trac control and steering doesn't work, the radio don't even power up and the had controls don't even come on and I followed the directions to the letter.... arrgh. I'm about to put the stock back in and call it over

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Well so far the Metra is worse than the scoshe... Trac control and steering doesn't work, the radio don't even power up and the had controls don't even come on and I followed the directions to the letter.... arrgh. I'm about to put the stock back in and call it over
Update: got it mostly Working. Trying to retain sync but the info on the display is not showing up

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)

Sync all hooked up but not showing info

Sponsored

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Update: got it mostly Working. Trying to retain sync but the info on the display is not showing up

Glad you got it working. Sync not working isn't the end of the world. My headunit provided all that Sync would have given me.

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got it working. Sync not working isn't the end of the world. My headunit provided all that Sync would have given me.
But it is one of the things it has over the other setup. Scoshe is sending me a new brain with a firmware update for their unit. So one of them will be available for sale soon...

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
But it is one of the things it has over the other setup. Scoshe is sending me a new brain with a firmware update for their unit. So one of them will be available for sale soon...
Someone please tell me why I had to select an f150 for the option to make it work? Lol SYNC working now.

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. Anyone want to make an offer on the scosche kit? I'm getting another control unit with a new firmware tomorrow
Sponsored