Sponsored

Anyone using unleashed tune?

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Just wondering I know many made the switch to mpt as I did to .... but anyone still running the unleashed tune ?
Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Just wondering I know many made the switch to mpt as I did to .... but anyone still running the unleashed tune ?
Yep still using it with no plans to switch. Great customer service and very pleased with performance. If Unleashed didn't exist JDM Engineering would be my next choice. Been talking to you a couple of guys who switched from MPT to JDM with excellent results and higher traps.

OP
OP

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
That's good to hear I only asked because I was getting 5.0 -5.3 on my 0-60 with unleashed and best on mpt is maybe 5.4 5.5 .... just wondered is that was mpt playing it a little safe or if torrie took it to the extreme lol but I will be switching to the unleashed 87 tune shortly just because of gas prices

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
That's good to hear I only asked because I was getting 5.0 -5.3 on my 0-60 with unleashed and best on mpt is maybe 5.4 5.5 .... just wondered is that was mpt playing it a little safe or if torrie took it to the extreme lol but I will be switching to the unleashed 87 tune shortly just because of gas prices
That could be for a plethora of reasons besides the tune (temperature, atmospheric conditions, tires etc.). However, there are others who I have documented weird quirks with MPT such as it falling off in upper RPMS after a huge rush of low end grunt. I haven't had one compelling reason to switch other than bandwagon hype and butt-dynos from the FB Group and YouTube. Their 40HP claim is bogus too. No natural aspirated v6 in the world is gaining that at the wheels (or even at the crank) with just a tune. I have yet to see anyone beat my bone stock 87 tune trap of 101.24 MPH on an MPT tune with just tune-only (which shouldn't be hard) in similar DAs. Trap speeds tell the truth while dyno smoothings can be manipulated to read higher numbers. Either way find a tuner you like the best and stick with it, I never was a fan of constantly switching tuners, especially in a new-ish car. This can open the door to a lot of troubleshooting woes if drivability issues occur.

rlandon87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Manual 3.7
So my only concern is who will tune for the lethal off-road midpipe?? MPT seems to no longer support this. Will unleashed or Bama? Or what are other options to avoid the CEL?

Sponsored

OP
OP

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I would say contact torrie at unleashed and ask .... ya never know I'm surpirised mpt isn't doing them

rlandon87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Manual 3.7
Just talked to unleashed he said no go on removing CEL. Waiting to hear back again from MPT and Bama.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
O2 sensor elbow should do the trick. Unless there's something I'm not aware of on the 3.7

rlandon87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Manual 3.7
I just bought some o2 extenders. We'll see if that works. Using them with MPT 91prx

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most tuners aren't going to circumvent emissions due to liability. Even with O2 sensor anti-foulers there is still a chance you can fail readiness testing. The good news is our cats are not really all that restrictive. If you want a good alternative that will not give you emissions woes, replace the resonator with an X or H pipe and get you some nice straight through mufflers (stay away from baffled mufflers IE* Flowmaster or similar) akin to Magnaflow competition style mufflers. With the cats still on the V6 does not rasp with competitions and an X-pipe. I actually got my own custom axle back made using non branded Magnaflow competitions (AP Xlerators) and they sound phenomenal with X-pipe. This is all done using GT exhaust piping as my base paired with shorty headers. Deleting the resonator and replacing the mufflers with lighter mufflers give you the weight drop you would get by deleting the cats without the emission headaches.

PS: To add one more thing to the OP's post, the tune that is giving you the better times consistently is the safer more "dialed-in" tune. Tuning is more than just "adding more fuel for safety", in fact too much fuel can wash away the pistons and cause failure too. You want to be stoichiometric not too rich or too lean.

OP
OP

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
And refresh my memory what's the perfect afr ranges ?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And refresh my memory what's the perfect afr ranges ?
Around 14.7:1 (Idle/Cruise) and 12.8-13.2 WOT (Naturally aspirated)
Torrie does around 12.1-12.2 WOT so there is still a safety cushion there contrary to popular belief in the v6 community of needing 11.4 WOT (which is too much fuel for natural aspiration) on normal pump gas (not e85). 11.4 WOT is approaching (not quite) forced induction territory.

OP
OP

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Gotcha I know mpt is 14ish idle/cruise and I can't quite remember wot

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Does unleashed still have that lean spot between 2k-3k with the LTs?
Sponsored