From v4 to v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
Ive been lurking around the forums on here and I think I will soon be coming over to the muscle side lol I currently drive a 2013 evo x gsr full bolt ons on e85 and make 380 uncorrected to the wheels. I am looking at a 2017 mustang gt with perf package in black and just wanted to hear about those who have made the switch from an evo or another platform. Does anyone have any regrets about switching over? I personally feel like its time for a change and with the amount of money I've spent on the evo x i feel like the stand would be way faster. Their is no track where I live so the car will be used for the drag strip and weekend fun. Even though the evo handles amazing, I feel like there is still something missing and need more power. Thanks guys:D
Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
V4? :shrug:

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Given that this is a mustang forum, everyone is going to tell you to get a mustang. As they should

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I just traded in my 16 WRX on a GT PP today. Couldn't be happier. Mind you I was never a big Subaru fan (old school DSMer here) and took a chance on the WRX, just never really fell in love with that car.

I had an Evo IX and it was a great car that I do regret getting rid of (especially with the pricing on them now). Not sure how the Evo X compares, but with them being dead now it is something to keep in mind.

OP
OP

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
That's what I get for not paying attention it was suppose to I4 turbo not v4:clap2:

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
You mean Inline4 turbo to a new Mustang GT. Two completely different cars. I'd test drive one for yourself.

Though I have driven both and looked at slightly used evos. I went Mustang. Everyone is different and only you will know yourself. Don't let others tell you what to drive.

OP
OP

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
What overall made you decide to go with the mustang? I've driven the ecoboost mustang just not the v8 so I'm hopefully to be able to do that this weekend!

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Get a V8 and never look back.

If you spent at least 10k on the evo, 10k can get you a single turbo kit and skys the limit. Maybe another 5k in supporting mods (OPG, injectors, cost of install & tune).

btw leroy, check out this thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1783204#post1783204

post #6 says his track evo had 450awhp, and his GT350 is 4-5 seconds faster at the track. I think his GT350 is stock power wise but has the suspension dialed in.

OP
OP

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
Whats the average spent on full bolt ons and e85 on the 5.0s? I've pretty much spent about 4k to get to 380 lol

OP
OP

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
Just checked out the thread and thats pretty damn impressive. My plan was originally to get a turbo kit with the 7163 and that alone is 4k plus a tune and that good for about 480 to the wheels..

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Ive been lurking around the forums on here and I think I will soon be coming over to the muscle side lol I currently drive a 2013 evo x gsr full bolt ons on e85 and make 380 uncorrected to the wheels. I am looking at a 2017 mustang gt with perf package in black and just wanted to hear about those who have made the switch from an evo or another platform. Does anyone have any regrets about switching over? I personally feel like its time for a change and with the amount of money I've spent on the evo x i feel like the stand would be way faster. Their is no track where I live so the car will be used for the drag strip and weekend fun. Even though the evo handles amazing, I feel like there is still something missing and need more power. Thanks guys:D
Unless you are on the western slope there are tracks all over the front range in Colorado:shrug:

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I traded my 2013 focus st in on my mustang 2017, 401A, PP, manual and I have to say there a couple things I miss about the st.

The biggest is the feeling of precision!. The st was crazy on cornering. I could only imagine what the rs would be like. And I strongly considered an rs as well.

With that said there are somethings I can do to make the mustang handle better, and I will.

But I have to say, every time I start the mustang I smile till it hurts. I miss the st, but love getting back into the big boy car.

Full disclosure, this is my 4th mustang. There is just something that gets under your skin with this line of cars. And I have had other cars, including a camaro... But I keep coming back to the mustang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.