OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hahaha, I know right...sorry :D

BTW, what are the specs are your JRZ's? can the dampers be adjusted to be comfortable on a road trip? I can handle a little stiff around town, but I must be able to last on a long 8 hour or more road trip.
I forgot the spring rates, its been a while since I've had them. But the system is their RS Pro line which is adjustable for rebound and compression separately. The external reservoirs are also remote mounted for easy access. I've ran lots of different kinds of brands on other cars (KW, Ohlins, Bilstein) and the JRZ's are hands down one of the most comfortable ones I've ever owned. KW's are very comfortable as well but I consider them more of a street coilover as opposed to a track oriented kit. They use very soft spring rates which makes it very comfortable for every day driving

Are you using spacers at all? If so, what kind? Very nice driving btw! :clap2:
1/2 spacers up front custom made by Cortex.

Sarah5.0MG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Vehicle(s)
2007 Xterra M/T 4x4
Oh man, this build is awesome! I love the JDM influence, you've put it together so tastefully.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
Superb thread and track beast kkakonn!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Been a while since I updated this. Heres a recent shot of the car from my last track day on Friday. Not too many changes other than swapping out the 295/30 R888's for some 305/30 RS3's

IMG_2683-XL.jpg

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
How do you like the RS3's?

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
How do you like the RS3's?
Same question, I am running the R888's now. I am looking forward to the R888R's when more sizes open up.
I loved the R888's when they were fresh. however they cycled out way too quickly and I feel like after the 2nd heat cycle they were pretty much sliding all over the place. The RS3's I think are a great compromise. I ran them on Friday at Buttonwillow and was setting the same times as when I ran R888's

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Interesting. I've read where a lot of the mustang guys think the RS3 sidewalls are too soft and prefer the RE71's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Interesting. I've read where a lot of the mustang guys think the RS3 sidewalls are too soft and prefer the RE71's.
Don't get me wrong I love the re71s. But for casual track days and $400 more per set it didn't make sense running them. For timed events however, they are probably the best street class tire available

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I updated this. Heres a recent shot of the car from my last track day on Friday. Not too many changes other than swapping out the 295/30 R888's for some 305/30 RS3's

IMG_2683-XL.jpg
Tastefully done!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Look at that... you don't need a GT350 flat bottom steering wheel to rip up a road course like a boss. :shrug: Who'd a thunk...?! :headbonk:

Great car man! I've eye-f'd your videos and am jealous of your wallet! I can only dream of coilovers at that level but am happy with what I have.

Thanks for the videos - I use videos to train myself mentally for tracks. Not that I'll ever get to California with my car unless I win the lottery, but the strategy for different kinds of turns I like to absorb!