Sponsored

M6G Youtube Video Thread!

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I think my Mustang is with A-Plan around £400 with all modifications declared and valued at around £45,000

M3 is done with Classic Line and has a custom valuation of £16,000 which involved me giving them a full spec, photographs etc. and cost of the big upgrades and us both agreeing the valuation and track cover etc. I pay around £400 per year for this. :)
Cheers for the info bud, M3 track day car creeping ever closer - going to look at a nice one later in the week I hope! :thumbsup: So is your car covered on track also or is that just on the road insurance? .... surely £400 doesn't cover track use does it? .... that would be epically cheap! ...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Cheers for the info bud, M3 track day car creeping ever closer - going to look at a nice one later in the week I hope! :thumbsup: So is your car covered on track also or is that just on the road insurance? .... surely £400 doesn't cover track use does it? .... that would be epically cheap! ...
Yes cover is track, road, EU and ring along with other EU tracks.
So far I've done:
- Donnington (About 20 times, yes its my favourite!!)
- Bedford (2-3 times)
- Oulton Park (2-3 times)
- Spa (in a mates 570HP M3, 160mph on back straight)
- Coughborough
- Anglesey (Amazing views!)

Spa is out of this world, every type of corner you can imagine and beautiful surroundings and on the way you can do some top speed runs. ;)

Donnington is my favourite UK track, so smooth and flowing, prefer national layout but GP is fun for drifting around the hair pin. :D

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems Ford heard our discussion:

GT500
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-163200231.html

:D

5.2l supercharged, so that engine is good for 530-570HP from Ford depending on trim, so even if they go super conservative with supercharger like say the Roush 2.3l though I seriously suspect they will use a Whipple style larger displacement unit like their Cobra Jet car does, I am guessing a minimum of 725HP to one up the ZL1 and maybe even more because lets face it then engine and a Whipple even in a safe state of tune to meet approval for emissions will still be around 700-750HP. :)

Now Ford please make the GT500 a global car so we can all enjoy and get one! I'd happily drop 60-80k on a GT500 10-speed in RHD. :D

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Waiting to see it in flesh, Mustangs are sleek and not that big on the road.

A Camaro however is a freaking brick on the road, they are truly huge then add the fact your on left hand side does not make them the easiest thing to drive in UK particular with their piss poor visibility.

The sensible choice would be a Corvette Stingray (new one) in convertible form, they are not as wide and roof down great visibility and proper super car looks, but when I drove one in USA it was an oversteering bitch, would be an absolute handful on UK roads.
I saw 6 or 7 Brand new corvettes on a transporter at Cobham services on Friday. Think there was a camero on there too. Was going to go back through the services to get a picture but got stuck in one lame so couldn't go back in. Must be going to that dealer in Virginia water.

I will buy a camaro if it comes in RHD

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
So far I've done:
- Bedford (2-3 times)
- Coughborough

Spa is out of this world, every type of corner you can imagine and beautiful surroundings and on the way you can do some top speed runs. ;)

Donnington is my favourite UK track, so smooth and flowing, prefer national layout but GP is fun for drifting around the hair pin. :D
Cheers bud .... Wow! - that is epic value for money. I shall be straight on to those guys if/when I get a car.

Yep, I do like Donnington (either layout). Oulton is a real 'big-kahunas' circuit, especially if you do the full layout. Anglesey I only ever raced at in its previous layout but I loved it. However my absolute favourite UK circuit is Thruxton .... Wow! it is f:censored:king EPIC! Spa I would absolutely love to do but in a properly fast car - 570bhp sounds like just the ticket! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I think we are back to organising our own track day for the forum...
I've booked in for half a day skid pan training at Thruxton in my
own car. I should really combine it with a couple of laps at the same time if you can do both
on one day. Mind you, I wouldn't want to get carried away.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
So far I've done:
- Bedford (2-3 times)
- Coughborough

The deed is done buddy! Thanks for all your invaluable info .... now the proud owner of a superb E46 M3 track day tool. Only 62k miles, 2004, 2 owners, SMGII, AP Racing brakes, KW Clubsports, Safety Devices rear cage and rear strut brace, CSL wheels with MPSS, spare set with slicks plus all sorts of other goodies ..... yummy! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The deed is done buddy! Thanks for all your invaluable info .... now the proud owner of a superb E46 M3 track day tool. Only 62k miles, 2004, 2 owners, SMGII, AP Racing brakes, KW Clubsports, Safety Devices rear cage and rear strut brace, CSL wheels with MPSS, spare set with slicks plus all sorts of other goodies ..... yummy! :thumbsup:

Gonna post up some pictures or make a thread in the none Mustang section of the forum, or even in UK section am sure others here are like me a car guy and like to see all cars.

Though there will be some who will throw toys out saying its a Mustang only forum blah blah, LOSERS! :D

I am sure as its 2004 and track car it probably has the CSL SMG firmware, but if not get it coded on, join M3cutters as plenty will code it for you for free, great community like that as BMW ECU/Firmware is open source so you can do tuning, throttle maps, tweaks and settings by yourself if your willing to venture there. ;)

All I would consider on that if its not already done is a CSL air box and CSL ECU/Map sensor conversion, the sound is absolutely amazing, turns more heads than the Mustang when on throttle the intake noise is so glorious, that is saying something when Mustang has got Corsa Extremes on it, but coming towards you the M3 sounds better, simple as, accelerating away from you though the M3 sounds tinny like a wasp, Mustang sounds way better.

Also if you ever want to make it go a lot quicker, fit a 4.10 ratio differential, my god the difference it makes is dramatic and with SMG no time lost changing gear more.

Also less weight faster you go, mine is 1372kg full tank of fuel, my plan is to bring it under 1300kg this Summer as in theory then very little will keep up with it upto 100mph.

Last, may I ask how much you paid, feel free to PM me if you wish to keep private or have any questions. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine p1ssing off a bunch of hornets, and having one chase you, that's the best description I can give of Gibbo's M3.... :lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imagine p1ssing off a bunch of hornets, and having one chase you, that's the best description I can give of Gibbo's M3.... :lol:
Haha true but nothing sounds better listening to a CSL heading towards you full chat, very DTM car style noise. Has to be CSL or CSL induction though for that roar.

The wasp/hornet noise is when its accelerating away from you. :)

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Anyone who does not think that sounds awesome is simply not into cars. the induction noise is lovely. But from behind the noise is marmite, tinny/rasp you can fix it with a loud exhaust but then you can't hear in the induction in the car so I just left stock exhaust on it. :)

End of the day, BMW have tried but still fail to make a better chassis than E46 or something that can eclipse the CSL. A car that did 7:50 at the Ring over ten years ago.

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Gonna post up some pictures or make a thread in the none Mustang section of the forum, or even in UK section am sure others here are like me a car guy and like to see all cars.

Though there will be some who will throw toys out saying its a Mustang only forum blah blah, LOSERS! :D

I am sure as its 2004 and track car it probably has the CSL SMG firmware, but if not get it coded on, join M3cutters as plenty will code it for you for free, great community like that as BMW ECU/Firmware is open source so you can do tuning, throttle maps, tweaks and settings by yourself if your willing to venture there. ;)

All I would consider on that if its not already done is a CSL air box and CSL ECU/Map sensor conversion, the sound is absolutely amazing, turns more heads than the Mustang when on throttle the intake noise is so glorious, that is saying something when Mustang has got Corsa Extremes on it, but coming towards you the M3 sounds better, simple as, accelerating away from you though the M3 sounds tinny like a wasp, Mustang sounds way better.

Also if you ever want to make it go a lot quicker, fit a 4.10 ratio differential, my god the difference it makes is dramatic and with SMG no time lost changing gear more.

Also less weight faster you go, mine is 1372kg full tank of fuel, my plan is to bring it under 1300kg this Summer as in theory then very little will keep up with it upto 100mph.

Last, may I ask how much you paid, feel free to PM me if you wish to keep private or have any questions. :)
Yep, gearbox upgrade is done but no CSL airbox/ecu upgrade. I was more interested in getting a solid car with all the right mechanical bits on it to be honest - I figured the ecu/intake stuff could easily be done later.

I haven't actually got the car yet, but rest assured I'll post some pictures asap. Cost me just over £14k buddy. All the work was done between late 2014 to late 2015, so it's all pretty new stuff and it's proper quality, not done on the cheap. Only done 10 track days (apparently! ... no reason to suspect otherwise I must add). It sounded like the right money to me, I reckon the brakes and coilovers alone were probably at least £6k or £7k. Can't wait to get the f:censored:ker to Silverstone! Probably head to Donnington for the first shakedown though :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, gearbox upgrade is done but no CSL airbox/ecu upgrade. I was more interested in getting a solid car with all the right mechanical bits on it to be honest - I figured the ecu/intake stuff could easily be done later.

I haven't actually got the car yet, but rest assured I'll post some pictures asap. Cost me just over £14k buddy. All the work was done between late 2014 to late 2015, so it's all pretty new stuff and it's proper quality, not done on the cheap. Only done 10 track days (apparently! ... no reason to suspect otherwise I must add). It sounded like the right money to me, I reckon the brakes and coilovers alone were probably at least £6k or £7k. Can't wait to get the f:censored:ker to Silverstone! Probably head to Donnington for the first shakedown though :thumbsup:.

Mate these cars are tough as nails!

Mine is on 114k miles, done around 50 track days, bottom end nearly went around 105k because a tuner advised it was safe to rev to 8500rpm against my opinion, turns out I was right, but they agreed there error and they paid for all parts and I rebuilt the bottom end myself. :)

KW Clubsport suspension is good for 50k miles before needing a check up and KW will dyno test the dampers or any decent GEO place with a damper dyno can test for you. I got mine test by CoG in Warrington a year ago, the kit is around 5-6yr old and done around 30k miles, Chris was like zero signs of damper wear or leakage. KW stuff is built to last and is surprisingly comfortable on road.

Got Clubsports on both M3 and Mustang now. :)
M3 I have dialled in for road and wet track days perfect, for dry use I just use the Ring Dry settings, seem perfect for UK tracks or hot summer weekend blast on the road. :D

My CSL Cup brakes had a retail of £7000, I did not pay that of course but yes for sure good brakes and good suspension is an easy 10k if you put all the best kit on.

Make sure it has the RTAB limiter kit in place, huge impact on handling for only £50. ;)

CSL Geoff Steel air box can be had for £700ish, then get your ECU upgraded to a CSL clone, add in a map sensor and get remap, probably another £500ish but gives you a solid 360BHP area which in something that weighs around 1300kg is enough to scamper away from Mustang in a straight line quite easily, you'll be amazed how quick they, if you ever fit a shorter C&P acceleration gets crazy. :D

When your at Donnington please let me know, I will bring mine up and try to get on track too with you. :)

14k is good price for an 04 car with all that kit. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Eff it, this is worth a video here...

[ame]

OP