Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So @FordService just this thread alone is 103 pages long. There are plenty more threads for this issue. The majority of folks are getting the run around. Go to a dealer and they act like your a problem because you want what you paid for. Call Corp Ford and they say "well the dealer says it works fine" (fine? not cooling is working fine? WTF) so whats going on? When are we going to get a fix for this? We held up our end of the bargain and purchased the car. When is Ford going to hold up their end of the bargain and just give us what we paid for? I have had mine in the shop 4 time and out of those 4 times its still not working. Not to mention all the time i was without my car.
This dealer or dealers won't even try the TSB fix knowing there is a TSB?
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Beyond the fact that the product simply doesn't work as it should, it's the being lied to and treated like an idiot that makes this issue so infuriating.

My wife already wrote off buying a Ford based on this issue, so there's one lost sale.

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Berge Ford knew about it and without question performed it, depends on the dealer

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Has anyone experienced this same problem with Redline seats? I swapped my seats for Redlines (now my airbag light is on) but hopefully A/C works better....just curious if anyone else has this problem with Redlines? Thnx

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
This dealer or dealers won't even try the TSB fix knowing there is a TSB?
I had to show them the TSB for them even believe there was one. They replaced the blower but it didnt do a thing besides make the GF's seat stop heating up, mine didnt do anything. I ordered the blower attachment from [MENTION=16202]Darko66[/MENTION] and will hopefully get to put it on this weekend finally. I was just reading through the thread and saw a Ford rep answered someone about it and wanted to see what they are saying not. Hopefully get an answer as to how they are going to hold up their end of the deal. We bought the car they are the ones that need to come up with a fix for the consumer.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I had to show them the TSB for them even believe there was one. They replaced the blower but it didnt do a thing besides make the GF's seat stop heating up, mine didnt do anything. I ordered the blower attachment from [MENTION=16202]Darko66[/MENTION] and will hopefully get to put it on this weekend finally. I was just reading through the thread and saw a Ford rep answered someone about it and wanted to see what they are saying not. Hopefully get an answer as to how they are going to hold up their end of the deal. We bought the car they are the ones that need to come up with a fix for the consumer.
I had to do the same. When I first stopped by and talked to them, they acted like they had never heard of it and couldn't find anything in their system but said bring it in and they would take a look at it. So when I brought it in, I brought the printed copy of the TSB, then they did the work. Of course they had to order parts so I had to bring it back.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to do the same. When I first stopped by and talked to them, they acted like they had never heard of it and couldn't find anything in their system but said bring it in and they would take a look at it. So when I brought it in, I brought the printed copy of the TSB, then they did the work. Of course they had to order parts so I had to bring it back.
I just got fed up after the 4th time bringing it in and being told 1"It works great" 2"it works better than the mechanics seats" 3"Yep we got them fixed now" the final line was 4"Its working within spec". When you act like the customer is a complete idiot and does not know the difference between cold and hot, I give you the finger LITERALLY and walk out, with a good string of choice words spoken very loudly as well on my way to the door. I have passed my point in my life of accepting shitty customer service. I say things now....

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Ford just sent me an email trying to sell me an extended warranty. Maybe they should focus on getting things like seats cooling and door handle recalls fixed instead of trying to get me to sign up for more bad service.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Any updates on this? My seats don't cool all that well. I don't count look warm as well.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this? My seats don't cool all that well. I don't count look warm as well.
I ordered a set of attachments from [MENTION=16202]Darko66[/MENTION] to do the fix myself. Unfortunately I have not had the time to try to put them on.

Darko66 site - http://www.darko66.com/

Threads - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62139 & http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384

He did post this so order while you can if you want his version.
03-26-2017, 04:00 PM
I've decided to cut my losses and end my sponsorship here. This thread will likely go dark in about a week.

My website is paid up through the end of July, so it will remain up until then if anyone wants to order the attachment.

Thanks to all those who purchased the attachment and gave it a try. I hope it provided some improvement for you.

Best wishes.

There is another guy on here that is also selling another version.

[MENTION=26324]SeatGuru[/MENTION]
http://seatguru.wixsite.com/fordseatfix

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just an FYI:

In Sept. 2017, my Ford Service Center replaced both upper seat back blower motors under warranty in my 2016, based on a current TSB. See attached screen image of work order notes, TSB number and Ford part numbers.:
IMG_6161.JPG

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Just an FYI:

In Sept. 2017, my Ford Service Center replaced both upper seat back blower motors under warranty in my 2016, based on a current TSB. See attached screen image of work order notes, TSB number and Ford part numbers.:
Did you find it makes a difference? They did mine last week and eh.. It's not much better.. Everyone says it's the design

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Are the cooled and heated seats covered under Ford ESP? Mine are acting weird.
Sponsored