Roush front fascia kit pre-painted matching FAILED

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Was going to get Xpel Ultimate clear bra on that new Roush front fascia, but it was a no go :eyebulge:. I didn't notice that the paint was off until I was at the place lol. Roush pre-painted front fascia was not matching. You can kinda see it on from this picture as it is not as metallic or "sparkly" as the body paint. Roush failed and now I have to decide what to do and what approach. Just wanted to give everyone who decides to go this route as I did. Not sure what Roush will do since I already drilled a hole into the bumper for Quik-Latches :tsk:

Will take better pictures of the mismatching later and post here for reference. For now, you can kinda see the mismatch paint from bumper vs. fender:

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
My roush spoiler isn't a dead perfect match either. It taught me to never order pre painted parts of I want a perfect match. The only way to get that is by getting it painted and faded in with your car.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Just curious what brand of front splitter you running? Did it fit without any modifications?
Thanks

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My roush spoiler isn't a dead perfect match either. It taught me to never order pre painted parts of I want a perfect match. The only way to get that is by getting it painted and faded in with your car.
This ended up being my lesson also. Just sucks that it has to be the front fascia. You think the color would have match nicely too since the car only has 2000 miles on it so far. It's pretty stupid that Roush can't match it even though they can access Fords original stuff.

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious what brand of front splitter you running? Did it fit without any modifications?
Thanks
I'm running an APR splitter amd they make it specifically for the Roush front bumper. They also provide instructions and all hardware for the install. You will need the front lip as a template to drill holds into the splitter. It's very easy to install as long you take your time. I made additional holes after I installed it to give it more support in the middle. The weird thing is that the Roush one doesn't mention reusing the belly pan. For the OEM bumper, it does want you to reuse the belly pan.

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This ended up being my lesson also. Just sucks that it has to be the front fascia. You think the color would have match nicely too since the car only has 2000 miles on it so far. It's pretty stupid that Roush can't match it even though they can access Fords original stuff.
From what I've learned, it's not really Roush's fault. There are different shades of the exact same paint code. Some will have more metallic flake, bigger or smaller flake size and even slight variations in the actual coloring. Generally, it's best to have things painted locally.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I've got a magnetic with the Roush fascia and it seems pretty good. But I could see how this particular color could be hard to match unless the entire car is painted all at once

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'd just live with it. It's close enough.
I sat on it for a few hours and finally decided I can't live with it lol. I need it to sparkle more like those vampires from the Twilight movies.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Dang that sucks! Mine was perfect, Magnetic seems like it would be an absolute pain to get perfect though

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
This is a problem across the board with metallic paints. They almost never match when you have to have them repainted.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's the same with Ruby Red. American Muscle doesn't match very well at all and had I been smarter I would've bought my MMD parts unpainted and have my local dealer do it who matched my CDC Outlaw perfectly.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lmao! So are you going to return it or bite the bullet and have it resprayed?

I need it to sparkle more like those vampires from the Twilight movies.

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lmao! So are you going to return it or bite the bullet and have it resprayed?
I actually purchased an unpainted one and will be selling this one as is. Decided to no put Quik-Latches on the new one. Will also be coating the plastic grilles and panels on it so that it doesn't fade over time. Still debating on painting the plastic panels also, but I think I'll just coat it with some kind of protectant for long term.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice well it's going to be bad ass when it's done right especially on magnetic. I bought an unpainted one too but it didn't come with grilles so I decided against paying $400+ for abs plastic and went with a Cervinis lip spoiler that scrapes on the slightest of inclines. It's maddening. I'm considering the Ikon GT350 front now but I'm still debating on the roush. It's just a great looking bumper that totally transforms the car.
Sponsored