Sponsored

Any of you guys like to quiet it down your interior due to exhaust?

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This ever get anywhere?

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Noico 80mil sound deadening insulation from amazon works great. 10 sqft is about $25. It's as good as any Dynamat I've used in the past. If you really want to go crazy you can get 157mil mat from them for about $50.

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
This interests me too. Anyone know if a rubber trunk mat like the weather tech has any effect at all? I was wanting to get one for the protection anyway and am now curious if it would serve a double purpose.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
TKO - I would love to see a dB comparison on your Mustang trunk mats. I already have an OEM rubber mat in the trunk so it would not show. Interested in effectiveness to deaden sound.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like I found the right forum thread here for my issues. I put in a Borla S type exhaust and the high end rasp sound and low end drone at 2k in 6th gear on the highway is killing me... almost to the point of not driving the car...
Here is what I have done:
1. took out liner in trunk area... you have to remove the plastic molding over the trunk latch to do this...
2. installed dynamat extreme over wheel wells, spare tire/inflation unit pit, and shelving up to the back seats... helped with some high frequency but not the low...
3. purchased a dynapad sheet from amazon... it is wide enough to do the whole trunk area, but falls short of covering the last part of the trunk behind the back seats..
I just laid the whole roll back there over the top of the wheel well cover just to see what would happen and it makes a difference... takes the edge off.
4. I am going to trim the pad so that it fits inside the trunk all the way to the wheel well area and just lay it over the top of the carpeted panel inside the trunk... then I think I will put a nice Lloyds mat in there to make it look nice and finish it off.
5. I thought about cutting the pad to the same dimensions as the deck lid panel that sits over the spare tire well, but I don't think it will stand up freely.. plus it is thick enough that the panel will not lay flat.. If you notice on the back end of the removable panel they do have a bit of white sound insulation cut in a round shape to fit the tire well, but I don't think it is effective....
6. Finally I am going to purchase the corsa sport catback which comes with noise cancelling technology that makes the interior exhaust sound (especially on hwy) very manageable... they apparently don't have the resonance that the borla systems and others have that fills the cabin...
7. Even with a new exhaust I still want some deadening of the tire and road noise coming from the back area...
Hope this helps anyone who is trying to achieve a quieter end result....

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like I found the right forum thread here for my issues. I put in a Borla S type exhaust and the high end rasp sound and low end drone at 2k in 6th gear on the highway is killing me... almost to the point of not driving the car...
Here is what I have done:
1. took out liner in trunk area... you have to remove the plastic molding over the trunk latch to do this...
2. installed dynamat extreme over wheel wells, spare tire/inflation unit pit, and shelving up to the back seats... helped with some high frequency but not the low...
3. purchased a dynapad sheet from amazon... it is wide enough to do the whole trunk area, but falls short of covering the last part of the trunk behind the back seats..
I just laid the whole roll back there over the top of the wheel well cover just to see what would happen and it makes a difference... takes the edge off.
4. I am going to trim the pad so that it fits inside the trunk all the way to the wheel well area and just lay it over the top of the carpeted panel inside the trunk... then I think I will put a nice Lloyds mat in there to make it look nice and finish it off.
5. I thought about cutting the pad to the same dimensions as the deck lid panel that sits over the spare tire well, but I don't think it will stand up freely.. plus it is thick enough that the panel will not lay flat.. If you notice on the back end of the removable panel they do have a bit of white sound insulation cut in a round shape to fit the tire well, but I don't think it is effective....
6. Finally I am going to purchase the corsa sport catback which comes with noise cancelling technology that makes the interior exhaust sound (especially on hwy) very manageable... they apparently don't have the resonance that the borla systems and others have that fills the cabin...
7. Even with a new exhaust I still want some deadening of the tire and road noise coming from the back area...
Hope this helps anyone who is trying to achieve a quieter end result....
I have Corsa Extremes. My main reason in interest is road noise. Which isn't bad. The extremes cruising on the highway are quiet. When I accelerate they get louder but not obnoxious. You will be very happy with the Corsa exhaust.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have Corsa Extremes. My main reason in interest is road noise. Which isn't bad. The extremes cruising on the highway are quiet. When I accelerate they get louder but not obnoxious. You will be very happy with the Corsa exhaust.
Thanks! super excited for it to arrive and get installed.. I don't think the road noise is bad in the Mustang as stock.. it was more exhaust noise for me... but depending upon the tires you have (i am stuck with stock perellis for a while) and the roads you drive on it can vary in volume...

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro
sub'd

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Corsa Sport Catback... fixed most of my interior cabin issues. I also installed a Lloyd's trunk mat with tri-bar pony logo in the back. It's not a super heavy duty mat but it seems to help. Biggest difference is the Corsa exhaust... love the sound but super quiet on the highway, if I want to hear it I just need to downshift and it is there....pretty sure I will be returning the Dynapad as it won't be needed at this point.

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I am working with a Long Island based company that makes a drop in, easy to install sound absorbing mat for the trunk. Matter of fact he is very well known in the corvette community and I have heard excellent reviews on the product. It is American made with true American made acoustics materials. I will be bringing my car car over there to get some measurements done and possibly a prototype. If any of you are interested let me know. I will have more info for you soon.

cost, weight and amount of noise reduction.
Can you please contact us via phone and or leave a number where we can contact you. We have reached out to you numerous times by email but there is no response. There's a good chance we are going to your spam folder. So I figured as a last resort, chime in here.

I would really like to move forward on this. Thank you

Ed :cheers:
1800 778 9898
[email protected]

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Can you please contact us via phone and or leave a number where we can contact you. We have reached out to you numerous times by email but there is no response. There's a good chance we are going to your spam folder. So I figured as a last resort, chime in here.

I would really like to move forward on this. Thank you

Ed :cheers:
1800 778 9898
[email protected]
Any progress on this?
I saw your precut Blockit squares, but nothing custom for the S550....
Sponsored