Sponsored

My Complete Suspension Comparisons to date, Springs, shocks, Coilovers ETC. READ

Murica55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT
Heck yeah! I did the medical at the track last time watched that baby for 12hrs straight!
Sponsored

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey there,

I'm in the market for a lowering spring set but after reading through all 35 pages I'm more confused than I was before. I'm pretty new to all Mustang so please forgive if I don't use the right terms, etc.

Originally I wanted to go with the Eibach Pro Kit - German company, I'm German, seems like a good fit - but after reading Mustangcollector's posts, being worried about the possibility of the car's rear looking lower than the front and going back and forth if lowering 1.1" might not be enough I'm totally lost on what to get now. Overall I'd like to eliminate the tire gap as much as possible, but still leave decent room between the road and my front bumper (My wife and I are currently stationed on Eielson AFB in Alaska and I don't wanna function as a snow plow for our neighbors).

If I go with the Eibach Sportline Lowering Spring Kit, will I get a "raked" look or will it look pretty even? Would you recommend getting new shocks/ other parts if the car has less than 3000 miles? 1.5 on the front seems like a lot for the PP shocks and I really don't wanna have to buy a new set.

The BMR SP080 seem to be a pretty popular choice but "only" 0.5" in the back doesn't sound like a lot. I do like the 1.2" in the front though, since it seems like a good compromise. The overall impressions make it sound like THE set to get.

In my opinion the best out of both worlds seems to be the CJ Pony Parts Lowering Springs with 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back. How's the quality of those springs? Being new to Mustangs I haven't heard of the company/shop before and so I'm not sure if they can compare/compete with the big names in terms of performance, materials, quality and reliability. Here's also the same questions about if you'd recommend getting new shocks along with the springs?

I hope you guys can help me or at least give me some insight.

Thanks,
Chris

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
SP080 is the go-to set on stock PP dampers. They work beautifully and yes, 0.5" in the back is enough. More than that looks slammed because of the difference in wheel well size, and minimizing the rear drop keeps the geometry in check.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It's been about two years now since we released the SP080s, and they have been a very hot item. We knew they would be a homerun, but we did not know they would become "the" go to spring!

This picture is just....
BMR_SP080_IMG_1402 copy.jpg

Sponsored

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
SP080 is the go-to set on stock PP dampers. They work beautifully and yes, 0.5" in the back is enough. More than that looks slammed because of the difference in wheel well size, and minimizing the rear drop keeps the geometry in check.
Thank you so much.

I'm almost set on getting the SP080 within the next couple days.

I also found the dedicated BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS! thread and the pictures posted there do look great.

There's only one little concern left and it's because of Niz55's post:

Here are the sp084 aka handling springs. The drop is very aggressive and low. 1.6--1.7 front. Bmr should fix this issue instead of bull shit info that they put on the forums about the drop being 1.2F. Plus the spring is not even close to 300lbs way too soft.

20161210_172219.jpg
I know that's probably one out of hundreds of happy customers but how likely is this to happen with the SP080? Or was he using other OEM parts that caused the more significant drop?

Also is there any drop difference between the performance and handling and drag springs? The description on Americanmuscle states they all lower by the same amount but if I recall correctly people in the other thread are talking about different drops.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much.

I also found the dedicated BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS! thread and the pictures posted there do look great.

I know that's probably one out of hundreds of happy customers but how likely is this to happen with the SP080? Or was he using other OEM parts that caused the more significant drop?

Also is there any drop difference between the performance and handling and drag springs? The description on Americanmuscle states they all lower by the same amount but if I recall correctly people in the other thread are talking about different drops.
This is not an issue with the SP080s. That has been the only example I've seen with the issue.

The differences in the springs is in the rates. You'll want performance springs.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Thank you so much.

I have the BMR handling springs. My drop is just like the pic of the mustang in the post above. You can see a ton of pics of my drop on my instagram grimdegn if you need to see.

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
This is not an issue with the SP080s. That has been the only example I've seen with the issue.

The differences in the springs is in the rates. You'll want performance springs.
Okay, SP080 it will be :)

I have the BMR handling springs. My drop is just like the pic of the mustang in the post above. You can see a ton of pics of my drop on my instagram grimdegn if you need to see.
Thank you, I will take a look at your profile.

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but I'm in the progress of ordering the springs along with 2 X 25mm spacers. I wanted to order through Americanmuscle.com but they charge over $125 for shipping up here to Fairbanks, Alaska.

As far as I know shipping prices are identical to and from the lower 48, but most seller don't seem to know that or are worried about the package getting lost. I dont know tbh.

Anyways, what other shops are reputable/ favorites of the community that I could check?

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Ok..now I have to ask about dampers. I have read this entire thread front to back. I have already ordered the BMR 080 springs, but now I want to pair them with the appropriate dampers. I do want them to be adjustable...but I am not sure which brand to go with. There is one other thing that is important here and that is that I have a v6, so I am 200lbs lighter in the front.

Hoping to have a combination of weekend canyon warrior and autocross car. I live out here in California, so the roads are ok for the most part (back roads can be a little like NY sometimes though).

Recommendations?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ok..now I have to ask about dampers. I have read this entire thread front to back. I have already ordered the BMR 080 springs, but now I want to pair them with the appropriate dampers. I do want them to be adjustable...but I am not sure which brand to go with. There is one other thing that is important here and that is that I have a v6, so I am 200lbs lighter in the front.

Hoping to have a combination of weekend canyon warrior and autocross car. I live out here in California, so the roads are ok for the most part (back roads can be a little like NY sometimes though).

Recommendations?
Go with Steeda Pro Action adjustables. Everyone I've seen on here who has tried them has liked them. I think MustangCollector is running this setup.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I can't really comment on best for those springs because I've never run them but if budget is an issue and if you don't plan on tracking the car, you could also consider the Steeda fixed valve pro action dampers. I think the biggest differentiator with the Steeda Pro Actions is their compression valving rate which would be the same in both fixed and adjustable. Obviously the adjustable would give you the ability to adjust the rebound to your liking and a great idea if you want to firm it up for a track event but the fixed valve are great on the street and perform very well!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I wonder for me- if simply changing my Ford Racing shocks out for the Steeda Pro Actions wild yield an improvement in ride quality without doing anything else. That will be a thought for down the road. But for now I'm satisfied with how my car handles and that's good enough for me.
Sponsored