Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
It's going to be well tested here shortly! Hurry up mister postman!!!!
Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
About to order the BG Syncorshift for my tranny. Should I trust my Ford dealership to do this for me during my next oil change? Or should I just try to do it myself?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
About to order the BG Syncorshift for my tranny. Should I trust my Ford dealership to do this for me during my next oil change? Or should I just try to do it myself?
I found it very easy to do. About as easy as an oil change.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I agree with the above. It is very easy and straight forward. I just did mine yesterday. Haven't driven it much since swapping fluids but the kit is very well laid out and makes it easy to change the fluids.

On the trans fluid I just filled the cup to the tape line before pumping the fluid into the trans then dumped the remaining fluid in the cup that I couldn't pump out then pumped from the cup until the fluid was at the bottom of the tape line.

On the gear oil I pumped almost all of the 2 quarts into the diff to get the oil level to the proper level on the ziptie/dipstick that was provided. I will be interested to hear if the 75w140 quiets the gear noise from the diff.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
There are some really good you tube videos on changing the fluids. As well the instructions that come with the kit are pretty spot on.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Just got done swapping mine.

Not sure how it got here so fast from Florida, shipped Saturday and was on my doorstep today, but I'll take it.

Super easy. The instructions make it sound like there's zero room up by the fill hole which I didn't find to be true. Coming from a truck repair background, I can assure you that I have dealt with many things that were way harder to access than the fill plug on the MT82:)

One thing I did do, and it might be somewhere in this huge thread already - I filled the cup right away, then dumped it in the drain pan. That way I knew exactly what needed to go in the transmission. When the jug went dry, I dumped the remainder into the cup, which ended up being a bit less than half full, and pumped the cup out into the trans.

If the weather is nice tomorrow I'll take it out for a drive and report back. I think I know what to expect though.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my MT82 kit in the mail, all the way to California in literally 2 days. Wow. Amazing shipping guys!

Going to get this installed sometime next week and I'll report back with my observations! Super stoked.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Got a quick drive in the other day. Shifting seems smoother, definitely less notchiness. Roads were damp so I stayed out of "beat mode" lol. Worthwhile mod in my opinion.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my fluid installed today, drove about 30~ or so miles.

What a joy it is to shift now. The nibble & bite seems to be mostly gone now, and engagement is buttery smooth. Still the occasional 2nd gear nibble from time to time, but for the most part it's a night and day difference!

Everybody needs to do this fluid swap right now! Totally worth it! This car is suddenly a lot more fun :cheers:

Sooty M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP - Guard W/Black OTTS
Drove around the neighborhood :)
Drove into town :D
WOT 1-2-3 and i almost cried a little. I hated the MT82 for making my car feel like its $24k base price. Finally the relief I've been looking for.
The MGW is great but didnt really do that much to reduce harshness. You could feel every syncro fighting the next, but no more.
Clunk seems reduced but its been getting better now that my drivetrain is well worn in (25k miles).
The lash is surprisingly reduced. I get a lot of oscillation in stop and go so i will keep looking to see if its magically solved all my problems.

Sponsored

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I swapped out the fluid on my car at 3000 miles this past weekend. I've put about 200 miles on it since then and the 1-2 shift...wow, greatly improved (stock shifter)! I hope it lasts. 100% recommended!

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
The transmission oil does make a noticeable different in shifting effort, for the money it's worth it.

I cannot tell the difference from the rear differential oil change, but based on the look of the original diff oil (sticky black as ink), I think it should be changed anyway.

I have one question: When I reinstalled the rear diffferential plugs, I applied the tape around the plugs, but then the plug wouldn't go all the way into the differential. Right now the plugs stick out about 2-3mm over the surface. I suspect the use of tape would create additional friction when tightened, but I dare not to apply more than 25ft-lb of torque to actually see if the plugs can further go into the differential. Is this a concern? Or should I further tighten the plugs to push them in?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have one question: When I reinstalled the rear diffferential plugs, I applied the tape around the plugs, but then the plug wouldn't go all the way into the differential. Right now the plugs stick out about 2-3mm over the surface. I suspect the use of tape would create additional friction when tightened, but I dare not to apply more than 25ft-lb of torque to actually see if the plugs can further go into the differential. Is this a concern? Or should I further tighten the plugs to push them in?
The plug is probably tapered, so what you did is fine if it's not leaking. Don't torque it anymore.

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
I have had many different fluids in my MT82's all the way back to my 2011 GT, but this BG fluid is by far the best. It improved shifting feel and quality better than any other fluid. It was amazing to me how much a fluid change could make a difference. Optimum performance has always been great for purchasing any BG fluids i needed. It's fairly expensive but well worth the cost. The stock fluid seems way too thin, i did a video on my fluid change and i couldn't even grab the camera fast enough to get a video of it draining because it poured out so fast and it smelled burnt after only a few hundred miles. :cheers:

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: