Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Sorry, I thought this was a tread about Fords up coming "Halo"/GT500! I don't think that anyone thinks it is going to be priced for "everyone". Ford builds millions of 5.0 mustangs for the masses. Not sure how what we are saying is offensive the last GT500 was rather expensive was it not? I drooled over cars I could not afford for years and wasn't bitter about it! One mans affordable is another's unattainable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
I think you guys are too concerned with what you want to see in the car, vs what will actually be built.

I just we see something soon so our questions are answered.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Not at all knocking the Demon! However, a trans break, a chiller, launch control and stripping out almost all the interior not exactly ground breaking stuff. Fast in a straight line yes. Cutting edge absolutely not! Just the first time it been put into a production car! Doesn't make it new technology.
Getting a two valve pushrod motor of that displacement to make that hp and pass emissions is high tech.
Getting the cats to live with all that had to be a feat......
Supercar Brands get a free pass compared to a brand like mopar when it comes to emissions.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just speculation,...but I'll leave this here. (Alex is very knowledgeable with Mustangs and tuning. Hence why he works with VMP. :))

[ame]

This is why the boosted Voodoo needs to be CPC and FPC. Ford was breaking cranks with anything over 9lbs of boost.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
Just speculation,...but I'll leave this here. (Alex is very knowledgeable with Mustangs and tuning. Hence why he works with VMP. :))

This is why the boosted Voodoo needs to be CPC and FPC. Ford was breaking cranks with anything over 9lbs of boost.
I have said it over and over again. 5.2 cpc with a 2650. It will exceed performance targets and direct competition without making overly complicated, and without make it too costly.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big turbo guy. I just think it is unrealistic to expect it, regardless of what they did with the demon.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I have said it over and over again. 5.2 cpc with a 2650. It will exceed performance targets and direct competition without making overly complicated, and without make it too costly.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big turbo guy. I just think it is unrealistic to expect it, regardless of what they did with the demon.
That would be doing it wrong.

That's what Chevy did with the old zl1.

Just build it good enough to meet factory goals.

But when the buyer wants to hop it up, they start breaking.

It needs to simply be engineered properly from the ground up to not only meet performance and reliability targets, but to be something the aftermarket can depend on as well. The Mustang is THE biggest aftermarket enthusiast car.

If that goes to the wayside due to some shortsighted "just get it done" mentality, then the brand will be hit hard for years to come.

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
That would be doing it wrong.

That's what Chevy did with the old zl1.

Just build it good enough to meet factory goals.

But when the buyer wants to hop it up, they start breaking.

It needs to simply be engineered properly from the ground up to not only meet performance and reliability targets, but to be something the aftermarket can depend on as well. The Mustang is THE biggest aftermarket enthusiast car.

If that goes to the wayside due to some shortsighted "just get it done" mentality, then the brand will be hit hard for years to come.
If the Trinity motor had some real H-Beams in it, it would probably be mentioned as one of the greatest mustang motors ever. Imagine that car with a 2.65l blower vs. a 2.3, and has a lot more RPM in it, and I think all of you guys are just selling the whole thing WAY too short.

The "specialness" comes from having something that performs great in stock form, but also is very mod friendly. You are just too hung up on the idea of a ttv8. However, all of the direct injection stuff makes the aftermarket play catch up at a slow and expensive pace. A blown CPC 3.2 with good internals could make close to 800whp relatively easily. THAT is special. Look at the following of the terminator. Tiny blower, but stout bottom end. Not even much power in the grand scheme of things, but it was by far the best pony car of that era. A 2650 5.2 CPC would be so even more, and still crush a ZL1 or Hellcat.

A ZL1 starts at 63k. They are bench-marking against it. Do you honestly think they will put out competition costing 20% more? Until I see a mule running against a Z06, I think the pipe dream of carbon bits and what not are plain hooey. They might be able to do a TT 5.2 cost consciously, but if the rods or fuel system suck, then who cares.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I've come to grips that i may be passing on the next one. I'll cheer from a distance though! We'll see what others are saying about it first before I totally throw in the towel.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
If the Trinity motor had some real H-Beams in it, it would probably be mentioned as one of the greatest mustang motors ever. Imagine that car with a 2.65l blower vs. a 2.3, and has a lot more RPM in it, and I think all of you guys are just selling the whole thing WAY too short.

The "specialness" comes from having something that performs great in stock form, but also is very mod friendly. You are just too hung up on the idea of a ttv8. However, all of the direct injection stuff makes the aftermarket play catch up at a slow and expensive pace. A blown CPC 3.2 with good internals could make close to 800whp relatively easily. THAT is special. Look at the following of the terminator. Tiny blower, but stout bottom end. Not even much power in the grand scheme of things, but it was by far the best pony car of that era. A 2650 5.2 CPC would be so even more, and still crush a ZL1 or Hellcat.

A ZL1 starts at 63k. They are bench-marking against it. Do you honestly think they will put out competition costing 20% more? Until I see a mule running against a Z06, I think the pipe dream of carbon bits and what not are plain hooey. They might be able to do a TT 5.2 cost consciously, but if the rods or fuel system suck, then who cares.

What are you talking about? I didn't mention TT and it's not even factoring in what I said.

Back to the real issue - the motor needs to make great power in stick form but also be able to handle aftermarket upgrades.

Simple.

Hope that clears things up.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have said it over and over again. 5.2 cpc with a 2650.
I'd be happy with that. :thumbsup:
Just let it make gobs of power and torque and look amazing/aggressive. I don't care how it performs so much on a road course or auto-x. Actually,....I don't care about that AT ALL. Doesn't interest me in the least. That's what the GT350 car is for, as "everyone" says. No one really uses a '13/'14 GT500 on the road course anyways. All the videos I have seen are on the drag strip or roll racing. I have yet to see a GT500 on the road course/atuo-x. (If anyone has one, I'd watch it as I have never seen this before.)

Look at the last generation of GT500's. The 2013/2014's. Those cars are stupid nasty, as far as looks and performance for their time.
Throw in some suspension mods from BMR and some engine upgrades and we're talking total awesomeness. I love those 2013/2014 GT500 cars. I hope Ford can top that. I'd be very happy. :thumbsup: :)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You'll be happy then cause it should overtake the last gen quite easily.
It will be fast on a road coarse too as that's what the benchmarking is with the zl1. I expect it to beat it in every category.
Enjoy It! ;) hopefully you'll be able to put one on order in 9 months.

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
What are you talking about? I didn't mention TT and it's not even factoring in what I said.

Back to the real issue - the motor needs to make great power in stick form but also be able to handle aftermarket upgrades.

Simple.

Hope that clears things up.
True. Ironically i thinl we were maling the same point. I was rebuffing the "doing it wrong" and stopped reading shortly thereafter. I agree qith all do thw rest for sure.

For christs sake put some 4340 H beams in it.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You'll be happy then cause it should overtake the last gen quite easily.
It will be fast on a road coarse too as that's what the benchmarking is with the zl1. I expect it to beat it in every category.
Enjoy It! ;) hopefully you'll be able to put one on order in 9 months.
I hope you are correct Jim! I don't think that Ford will disappoint. (At least I like to think they won't.)
I won't be buying/ordering the first year model. Second year model for me. And I definitely will enjoy it! :D :thumbsup:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am tired of waiting. Ford could throw us a bone by offering us a 2017 SE Mustang with a NA 5.2 Voodoo engine with 4.09 rear gears, no rear seat, no air condtion, no heater, no radio for $40000 and sold by any dealer. Sell as many as the market demands.
Sponsored