Center splitter section removal

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Ok i removed all of the freakin bolts even the ones at a 45 degree angle, how the heck does it slide out ? Do i have to bang on it from underneath with a rubber mallet for it to come out ?

Not trusting the dealership, so i'm getting some things done before they do the oil cooler line recall.

On a side note, i started the car for the first time since November and i hear this ticking noise in the valvetrain ? :doh:

Something else for the tech to look at, hopefully nothing serious. I will drive the shit out of it and see what happens.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ok i removed all of the freakin bolts even the ones at a 45 degree angle, how the heck does it slide out ? Do i have to bang on it from underneath with a rubber mallet for it to come out ?

Not trusting the dealership, so i'm getting some things done before they do the oil cooler line recall.

On a side note, i started the car for the first time since November and i hear this ticking noise in the valvetrain ? :doh:

Something else for the tech to look at, hopefully nothing serious. I will drive the shit out of it and see what happens.

Thanks
Yes! I just gave it a good solid wack in the center from the back towards the front. Did that make sense? It should pop out. If you got all the fasteners all that is keeping it in place are some tabs.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Maybe i didn't insist enough, but it still won't budge, i'm afarid to break something.

I removed the 6 bolts where it attaches to the underside plastic belly pan and 4 others which are located at a 45 degree angle.

Am i missing something :shrug:? AnY video on how to remove it ? Will see if i can find the install video.

Thanks for the help Harold.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
There are four more that are vertical rather than 45 degrees. Same screw size, just straight up and down.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
There are four more that are vertical rather than 45 degrees. Same screw size, just straight up and down.
Didn't have those, so i guess dealer forgot to install them. What a bunch of morons. :doh:

Ok will go at it again and place a blanket in front of the car just in case the splitter goes balistic.

Thx guys.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Didn't have those, so i guess dealer forgot to install them. What a bunch of morons. :doh:

Ok will go at it again and place a blanket in front of the car just in case the splitter goes balistic.

Thx guys.
sending you a PM

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Finally got it guys, wasn't easy, this thing wouldn't come out without a fight, but with lots of persuasion and swearing :), i learn a thing or two about how it's held together.

In the process of removing the splitter, i've noticed
that a few j-clips and screws were missing . Dealer never installed
them in the first place.

Will have to search for some extra ones, wonder if Ford
has that stuff in stock !

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I had to remove my center piece (dropped one of the 45 degree screws into the abyss that is the belly pan.....doh!) when I initially installed the splitter and it was a pain. I thought I was going to break it but it finally popped.
I dread removing it again to have the recall done!

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The next time that you need to take the splitter off it will be easier for two reasons.
1. You know now how to do it.
2. The 4 retaining clips up front are no longer virgins.

Also, it is easier if you work from one side across the front and get one clip at a time rather than trying to to fight all 4 at once.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just did this - what a pain, lol.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Actually, when you know the trick, it ain't that bad. In the end, no banging was required in my case.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oh and PS - I did it for the same reason. Save the dealer the opportunity to do something wrong, get me out of there faster and....I'll finally install the R splitter that came with the car....probably.

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350, 2005 Lotus Elise
The next time that you need to take the splitter off it will be easier for two reasons.
1. You know now how to do it.
2. The 4 retaining clips up front are no longer virgins.

Also, it is easier if you work from one side across the front and get one clip at a time rather than trying to to fight all 4 at once.
My dealer did not install the 45 degree bolts. Do they screw into the body or are there supposed to be clips there?
Sponsored