JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Jacking rails look short has anyone tried the BMR rails?

Thanks
Jack
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have the Steeda rails and I've installed the BMR rails. The worry about Steeda rails being too short is BS. I can jack up the car, put it on 4 jack stands with the Steeda rails, and have my 350 lbs. friend sit on the trunk and the car does not budge. In addition, Steeda's rails are designed the way they are so that, when going over a steep dip and heading downhill, if you scrape the rails, you do not high side on the back end of the rail, potentially lifting the wheels off of the ground. Not likely to happen, but would where I live - I have to go down an abrupt, steep decline to get to my garage. Finally, the Steeda IRS brace provides a jacking point anyway right at the back of the pinch welds, if you have those. Your car, your choice... either one of them is going to be super useful.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Our rails are full length and they feature boxed ends for the ability to support the vehicle anywhere along them. What I usually do is jack the car by the center tube portion and place jack stands under the boxed ends.

Another feature that is unique to BMR rails is the main tube is parallel to the ground when the vehicle is level, instead of sloped like the chassis it mounts to. Not a big deal, but something we wanted to do and knew the competition wouldn't offer (we released rails before anyone else)

All of that said....I don't use them. I removed them from my car and I use my CB005 to lift the rear, and up front I use a block of wood on the jack. If I was to lift the car more often, I would keep them on as they are much easier.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I have the BMR rails and got them specifically because they were longer and parallel to the ground. I love mine. I'm sure the Steeda rails are sufficient and they are cheaper. I just wanted the ability to space jack stands on the rails as far apart as possible.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It's basically up to the comfort of the end user. I love my Steeda rails, and have never had a problem and they serve double duty sometimes with ingress/egress from parking structures.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have the Steeda rails and they are working great. During the winter I am doing more work on my 350 and I jack the car up about 2 - 3 times per week. With the rails it takes about 3 minutes to have the car up at a good working height, quick, easy and safe.
Using my Steeda's tomorrow . . . installing front caliper studs and a tow hook.

Last edited:

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
If changing the oil is the only time I'm lifting up my car, I imagine there's no point in me getting the rails at all, is that correct? If not, why can't I just put the car on jack stands for an hour?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
BMR here. Super easy to install. Full length and parallel to the ground. Welds are excellent.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Got Steedas. Probably good for jack stands but not very good on 2-post lift. Thinking seriously about changing them out for BMR. Nothing is perfect, but I am not aware of any shortcomings with BMR, other than a minimal weight difference that I won't realize.

Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Where are you guys putting the jack stands?

I have the original Steeda rails which are great for jacking up the car but my stands have a narrow top I guess and the rail doesn't really seat into the jack stand top so I now place the stands at the pinch welds.

Is it just my stands or have others noticed this? Do the BMR rails fully "cup" into the jack stand?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I went with the Steeda. The rails I have work great and the car is very stable when up on 4 stands. The BMR's are probably great too. At the end of the day the Steeda rails were cheaper and do the job.

OP
OP
JCSIX13

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Our rails are full length and they feature boxed ends for the ability to support the vehicle anywhere along them. What I usually do is jack the car by the center tube portion and place jack stands under the boxed ends.

Another feature that is unique to BMR rails is the main tube is parallel to the ground when the vehicle is level, instead of sloped like the chassis it mounts to. Not a big deal, but something we wanted to do and knew the competition wouldn't offer (we released rails before anyone else)

All of that said....I don't use them. I removed them from my car and I use my CB005 to lift the rear, and up front I use a block of wood on the jack. If I was to lift the car more often, I would keep them on as they are much easier.

I also have CB005 on my car. I am looking at being able to put the car on four jack stands while I change my factory shifter for a MGW shifter.

Since you removed your BMR jack rails do you want to sell them?

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Installed Steeda, no regrets here.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Since you removed your BMR jack rails do you want to sell them?
I've read that people install and remove the rails as needed for weight. Only a few bolts hold on each rail. I'm lazy I guess, I left mine on.
Sponsored