Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I am wondering what all of the pool vacuum hose is..?
:lol::lol::lol:

ENT Electrical conduit for sound system power/ground wire. It started drooping a bit after settling from driving in those pics so I tightened it up some.

More info on it in my build log but I have a huge system in the works so I had to run four 1/0 gauge power/ground wires and there was no way of fitting that through the interior lol. So it was ran underneath in conduit and friction tape, secured with pipe straps, metal zip ties and plastic zip ties. Ran the wires but they're not hooked up yet to keep an eye on them after driving for awhile to make sure they dont get damaged at all.
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Happened to read a post or two about that spring on the clutch of these cars. I wondered what was odd about this clutch. Been driving a stick for 50 years, and this car is different.
So I took out my vice gripes, grabbed my trouble light, pushed the clutch in and pulled the sucker out.
Had to take it for a drive to see the difference.
Wow, now that feels like a clutch should.
Awesome I can tell where the clutch engages now.
Whose idea was it to put a spring on the clutch?
Time will tell but the short spin I took showed me getting that spring out was a good idea.

Last week I had the resonator removed and a custom X pipe installed. The exhaust sounds just right now.
That spring is there to make sure the clutch is fully disengaged you'll have problems down the road,Get the Steeda replacement,lighter spring lets you feel the clutch engagement better.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Haven't had a spring for almost 24k miles, no issue. Has there been any actual proof of no spring causing issues or just marketing and assumptions?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just slightly harder than the stock clutch spring - still softer than no clutch spring at all. The softer spring gives you way more feel for the proper clutch engagement point which makes it much smoother to work the clutch pedal.
agreed... the stock clutch spring is deceptive... they are trying to make the pedal action easier by reducing tension (helper spring) but it just makes things worse because you feel like you are in the twilight zone with no idea of where the engagement point is or when it is going to bite....

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Haven't had a spring for almost 24k miles, no issue. Has there been any actual proof of no spring causing issues or just marketing and assumptions?
No proof that no-spring is causing issues. There aren't enough owners with high miles with that mod to really say so yet.

The way I experienced it is there are 3 distinct experiences between the spring, steeda spring, and no spring. As far as I know, it's just a matter of personal preference. I went with the Steeda Spring after a short run around the neighborhood with the spring out and I love it.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
agreed... the stock clutch spring is deceptive... they are trying to make the pedal action easier by reducing tension (helper spring) but it just makes things worse because you feel like you are in the twilight zone with no idea of where the engagement point is or when it is going to bite....
I don't mind the helper spring myself. I Can still feel the clutch take up point and it makes the car feel like a much more sophisticated machine. I know there are many opposing opinions of this though and I'l definitely the minority...

No proof that no-spring is causing issues. There aren't enough owners with high miles with that mod to really say so yet.

The way I experienced it is there are 3 distinct experiences between the spring, steeda spring, and no spring. As far as I know, it's just a matter of personal preference. I went with the Steeda Spring after a short run around the neighborhood with the spring out and I love it.
I too would like more info on this. There were comments that it causes a negative effect on those of us with a PP2 installed.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Loving this new grille so much. Trying to decide on a splitter is killing me :doh:

Here's a pic you requested, Todd! [MENTION=19793]2morrow[/MENTION]
stanggrille.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Loving this new grille so much. Trying to decide on a splitter is killing me :doh:

Here's a pic you requested, Todd! [MENTION=19793]2morrow[/MENTION]
Looks great!:cheers:

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Took delivery of my PP2 today. I'm making arrangements with a shop that has dyno and certified ASE mechanic to do the install. I want to have dyno runs made while it's completely stock and then after PP2 is installed.
What shop is this? I am in Augusta and can go to anywhere in SC for this. PM me details and cost please!

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Updated my Livernois tuner today with the version 11. Installed the 93 sport and will try the flex fuel tune out soon. :thumbsup:
Im very interested in the Livernois tune. Id like to see some before and after airflow logs.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Finished up building my subwoofer box today! Took quite some time. Still has to be carpeted, sealed, and wired up. But it's getting there. :thumbsup: And took a few pics of the subwoofers going in.

Also noticed my damn switchback fell out inside the housing again. Which actually caused that side's rear taillight to go out! Couldn't believe it. Switched from off to On to auto and it came on again. Damn bulbs I'm putting superglue on it next time. Cant wait to try and fish it out of the housing tomorrow. :mad:

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
yep same problem here with those switch backs wish they would use oem style connectors on the back of them dam things

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Spring is in and I'll prep and spray the mirror covers later today.
I ordered that spring this morning. Please share how it changes the feel and the pedal weight/effort.

Also, any install tips would be appreciated.
Sponsored