going from Ford Performance Stage 1 to Canned tune

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
hey guys, so I bought a used 15 GT that I just found out had the Ford Performance Stage 1 Power pack. has anyone went from that setup to an aftermarket intake with an SCT canned tune? any better or worse?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd say leave it. Not going to be worth the spend to make the change.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
SCT and CAI will be worse.

The stock intake and the PP1 tune is actually pretty good!

If I were you, drop in a K&N filter (if not already there), remove the emissions part of the air box lid to flow more, drill out the honey combs. Its good for improving flow which will equal more power.

A CAI is absolutely not required on this car unless your doing supporting modifications such as headers, intake manifolds. If your only intention is a tune, keep the stock CAI its simply superior 99% of the time.

If you were to try a tune, avoid SCT, its canned and no better than Fords, probably worse. The best tuners for these cars are AED and Lund, FULL STOP when it comes to email tunes. Or get it custom tuned on a dyno!

OP
OP

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
SCT and CAI will be worse.

The stock intake and the PP1 tune is actually pretty good!

If I were you, drop in a K&N filter (if not already there), remove the emissions part of the air box lid to flow more, drill out the honey combs. Its good for improving flow which will equal more power.

A CAI is absolutely not required on this car unless your doing supporting modifications such as headers, intake manifolds. If your only intention is a tune, keep the stock CAI its simply superior 99% of the time.

If you were to try a tune, avoid SCT, its canned and no better than Fords, probably worse. The best tuners for these cars are AED and Lund, FULL STOP when it comes to email tunes. Or get it custom tuned on a dyno!
well the plan is to go header, intake manifold and pro tune and Rev Auto tunes SCT and their right around the corner from me. I plan to drill the honey combs soon. there is already a K and N drop in in there too. im not new to modifying cars by any means lol

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Only a custom tune will be better than what you have.

OP
OP

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
well to be fair im not 100% sure it has the flash on it lol it has the K&N drop in and the 91+ sticker on the fuel door so im only assuming at this point. a buddy of mine does not have the sticker on the fuel door

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
What are the honey combs being referenced?

The airflow straightener for the MAF?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
well to be fair im not 100% sure it has the flash on it lol it has the K&N drop in and the 91+ sticker on the fuel door so im only assuming at this point. a buddy of mine does not have the sticker on the fuel door
Log the timing with the SCT, if its stock spark will peak around 24 degrees, whereas a canned tune are normally aggressive down low for torque, upto 29 degrees but then taper off down to around 26-27 degrees as RPM builds.

Do that and you will know if the tune is in place or not as Ford claim 40lb/ft torque improvement which will only come from aggressive spark down low and some other tweaks.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sponsored
OP
OP

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Log the timing with the SCT, if its stock spark will peak around 24 degrees, whereas a canned tune are normally aggressive down low for torque, upto 29 degrees but then taper off down to around 26-27 degrees as RPM builds.

Do that and you will know if the tune is in place or not as Ford claim 40lb/ft torque improvement which will only come from aggressive spark down low and some other tweaks.

awesome man thanks ill try that out

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
If you go away from the PP1, ONLY go to an etune from one of the reputable tuners. I strongly advise against using the base SCT tunes. It won't be better than PP1. For me, going from PP1 to an AED etune was a big change. The car got a lot faster.

OP
OP

CursezZz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
If you go away from the PP1, ONLY go to an etune from one of the reputable tuners. I strongly advise against using the base SCT tunes. It won't be better than PP1. For me, going from PP1 to an AED etune was a big change. The car got a lot faster.
Yeah I'm gonna hold off actually. Because with the PP1 tune on the car I can't even flash the sct on there. I even called SCT and they said I have to go to Ford and get a stock map. So I'm just gonna sell the sct lol. What flash tuner are you using??

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Yeah I'm gonna hold off actually. Because with the PP1 tune on the car I can't even flash the sct on there. I even called SCT and they said I have to go to Ford and get a stock map. So I'm just gonna sell the sct lol. What flash tuner are you using??
Had same issue trying to reflash over pp3. Was told to call Monday and get it sorted out apparently they can flash it back to stock without needing to go to ford. I'll let you know what happens.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Had same issue trying to reflash over pp3. Was told to call Monday and get it sorted out apparently they can flash it back to stock without needing to go to ford. I'll let you know what happens.
I had to take off the PP1 tune before I could load any SCT-based tunes. I simply uninstalled it through my computer and reinstalled the stock tune. I then uploaded my AED tune through my SCT handheld.

Did you guys have a dealership load on the Ford tunes?
Sponsored