Sponsored

Bob Lutz Weighs in On Mustang and Camaro Battle

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think this Bob Lutz character needs to take a look at the real numbers like retail sales and track times as that is all that matters.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Same conversation I have with the Camaro guy at work. The Mustang Sells. Period. Also has the aftermarket to make it a better car. Until the 2018 MSRP, there has always been a price gap that could be used to defend the lack of stock performance between the two.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
He is repeating exactly what everyone who didn't go and buy a 6th gen Camaro has already said. He isn't wrong. Performance numbers aren't the only thing that sells a car. A well balanced car will sell better even if it's a second slower because to most people a second is only that, a second.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
“The Mustang is a design masterpiece: sleek, semi-European, yet still a Mustang,” Lutz said....The Camaro, an even better (Performance) car, sinks into quasi-irrelevance. You can’t tell it from the previous one.”

- Bob Lutz

Same story since the 6th gen camaro debued.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I am not a fan boy of any brand, but he is correct. The Mustang is the best looking of the three, and the performance of Camaro doesn't make up for the design flaws. I think the Camaro looks great now, but it is the design it should have gotten on the first refresh from the 2010, and the cramped interior doesn't work for anyone that occasionally needs to use the rear seats.

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am not a fan boy of any brand, but he is correct. The Mustang is the best looking of the three, and the performance of Camaro doesn't make up for the design flaws. I think the Camaro looks great now, but it is the design it should have gotten on the first refresh from the 2010, and the cramped interior doesn't work for anyone that occasionally needs to use the rear seats.
I love my mustang to death but I would argue the Challenger looks the best. It still has the muscle car look which I love. The Camaro front end looks great but the back is terrible. The front of the Mustang looks good and the back is fantastic but it just doesn't stack up to the Challenger to me.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I love my mustang to death but I would argue the Challenger looks the best. It still has the muscle car look which I love. The Camaro front end looks great but the back is terrible. The front of the Mustang looks good and the back is fantastic but it just doesn't stack up to the Challenger to me.
Back to your corner, blasphemer. :lol:

(Yeah, I have a thing for Challenger Scat Packs too, and wish I could have one of them also.)

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Since I am not racing my Mustang, the small speed advantage a Camaro may have is nothing compared to how much better styled the Mustang is both inside and out.

Last edited:

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Anyone who's driven a camaro knows how much better a mustang is to live in. We all dont live on a race track, for those "numbers" guys. I think the mustang is the better sum of its parts and cheaper, sans 2018.