Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Okay okay.

So basically, I opened up the airbox a little "in case" it is a restriction.

On the lid, above the filter, I removed the filter (I assume that small filter is there to catch vapors, or something?) that is there...and smoothened out all of the sharp edges inside the lid.

On the intake opening behind the TB, I cut out the deflectors and then also cut out the small flat area behind those, then blended it all in and made it smooth.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
What filter are you all running in the stock box with this tube?

I see AM has the blue and red one for $140 bucks right now too. Thanks!

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Installed it today. There is more growl from the engine bay for sure. I coupled this with Afe filter and running lund flex tune on e85.
Did you have to get a tune revision from Lund when you added the mishimoto induction tube ?

I have a Lund flex tune too and a k&n filter

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Did you have to get a tune revision from Lund when you added the mishimoto induction tube ?

I have a Lund flex tune too and a k&n filter
No. Even if you add a no tune complete intake you wouldn't need a tune revision. Tune revision is only required if you mess with the maf housing diameter!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I seem to having opposite experience.

Just installed, car has a JDM tune on it, and under 4500rpm with this tube I'd say car feels stronger, feels like more torque.

But as the revs claim past 5000rpm, car almost feels a little flat, not seeing any knock. Was my first drive though and not done any KAM reset or battery disconnect so maybe fuel trims re-adapting?

Shall see how it feels later, but first drive car felt slower up top, might just be adapting or it dislike the JDM octane 93 tune.

I do have Lund writing me a tune, using stock intake with K&N panel filter and have done Kelly's mods. But in short drove to work this morning and lunch time on stock tube, car felt great. Just put tube on, drove for 30 minutes felt great until WOT at high RPM and seems less power.

Maf flow is marginally less too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Just installed, car has a JDM tune on it, and under 4500rpm with this tube I'd say car feels stronger, feels like more torque.

But as the revs claim past 5000rpm, car almost feels a little flat, not seeing any knock. Was my first drive though and not done any KAM reset or battery disconnect so maybe fuel trims re-adapting?

Shall see how it feels later, but first drive car felt slower up top, might just be adapting or it dislike the JDM octane 93 tune.

I do have Lund writing me a tune, using stock intake with K&N panel filter and have done Kelly's mods. But in short drove to work this morning and lunch time on stock tube, car felt great. Just put tube on, drove for 30 minutes felt great until WOT at high RPM and seems less power.

The data I have seen/heard says that this tube w/ a K&N or aFE panel filter is stronger than most/all open element intakes below ~6500 rpm, and after that those gain a few HP on it. I'll take that since it's my daily driver.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

This is the exact experience that happened when I did a filter and inlet change on my '11 Silverado. That's funny...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the exact experience that happened when I did a filter and inlet change on my '11 Silverado. That's funny...

OK was getting a touch of positive knock is getting on it hard over 4000rpm in 3rd, done KAM reset, knock is gone, my guess fuel trims must of being slightly out of wack!

Car does feel perkier, maf flow up to 43.30lbs so pretty much on par.

Also must note when I did WOT this morning it was 12c and intake was 15c. Now its 24c and intake was at 29c, this is going to impact power too.

I did just do a 0-100 in the car park, 10.9s so that seems on the money as I used 4th, not going to be beating my best of 9.9s because no longer got the 350 kit on there which obviously put the car around 500HP crank.

What I could also be perceiving is that because of more mid-range, if the top end is the same as before, the additional mid-range will make the top-end feel weaker even if it is not.

I had this on my 911, with cats from 4000rpm up to 7000rpm the car just pulled linear. With decats 4000-7000rpm, the pull started a bit weak and then it blew my socks off, felt like 50+ horsepower more. The reality was the car lost 50lb/ft under 4500rpm, but gained 20HP. As such I felt the power curve coming into play harder with de-cats giving false illusion of the car being much faster up top than it was.

I could be feeling the same that due to a much more spikey low/mid range, the top-end now feels naturally weaker, plus another 15c on intake compared to this morning won't help.

Tomorrow morning will be a fairer test. :)

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Did you see my thread where I showed this tube was snake oil? I have the data to back it up.

I compared JLT to Stock to Induction Tube. All three did 40-70MPH in the same amount of time.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you see my thread where I showed this tube was snake oil? I have the data to back it up.

I compared JLT to Stock to Induction Tube. All three did 40-70MPH in the same amount of time.
Got a link please?

I need the sound tube delete, so its handy for that, as long as its not losing me power that is fine. I think its moved the power curve, as such down low feels stronger, resulting in up top feeling weaker, when reality is no change in power, just the curve is moved.

I did just do a 0-100, 10.9s and used 4th gear. My previous best was 9.9s using 3rd gear but that was the GT 350 IM setup and 10.3s using 4th.

So 10.9s does not seem too bad, as I am still used my JDM canned tune, I did not use the no lift feature either which I could of done. Lund are writing me a custom tune as the JDM one starts out at 29 degrees timing between 2000-3000rpm to give the big torque boost Ford/SCT/JDM claim but then it dwindles down to 26-27 degrees and lower at some points. Whereas a Lund tune will hold 29-31 degrees flat across the whole rev range pretty much 4000rpm upwards.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was someone else on the forum that showed significant increase on the dyno. Here is the link http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87456
His graphs might explain what I felt, there is quite a big torque/power boost at 4000rpm, but then it drops back to stock roughly before climbing again which could give the impression of the car feeling flatter around 5000rpm.

Shall see how it feels on drive home, as KAM reset did seem to wake it up a little and before the KAM reset I was seeing some knock, so the fuel trim was clearly off.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

OK not convinced by this Mishi tube effort. It feels perkier now, but am I just getting used to the powerband being moved?

Flow results, the tube has had zero impact on flow, the maf flow rates are essentially identical, if anything marginally less.

I am gonna drive with it another day to truly get used to whatever it has done, I shall then refit the stock tube and do a KAM reset. See if the car all of a sudden feels stronger/different, it shall be easy to tell after getting used to it how it is now.

Also I can make the engine knock with this tube, stab the throttle beyond 4000rpm some brief light knock around +1-2 degrees, probably false.

I can also rev it at idle some strongish but not foot to floor will see as high as +7, again seems false. I am putting this down to this tube deleting the chamber from the stock tube that control the sounds/pulses of air.

Like I've said before on this forum, people slag Ford off, but they spent years and lots of money and lots of hours testing the intake designed on this car, for this car in all kinds of environments to work best for the engine and yes whilst meeting emissions laws etc. If some people are deluded to think some guy in a shed can come up with a tube and make 15HP, do you not think Ford would of done so or maybe had a reason not too. Just think about that!

The Mishi tube won't harm anything because whilst driving all is well, negative knock and all that, but you can make it spike positive if you try. Revving in neutral with stock tube produces little to no knock and you really have to stab the throttle very hard, my car is probably also more prone due to the crazy loud exhaust.

But still I am not convinced, lets me drive it for another day or two, then refit the stock and see if the car all of a sudden feels stronger or weaker.

Normally best way, for example going back to stock manifold from GT 350 manifold, I can really feel the difference, the stock IM is weaker beyond 6000rpm, past 6500rpm the 350 one is a world of difference.

Also I think the Mishi tube definetely creates more torque down low, reason how I know, I can feel it a bit, but on the JDM tune the TQ management is relaxed but not disabled on stock tube car always pulled hard from any RPM in 3rd below 3000rpm, but with the Mishi tube, sometimes TQ management kicks in, which means the tube is obviously setting off TQ management due to extra torque or something it does not like.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.