Sponsored

Weird new exhaust sound....

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
pulled the car outside the other day. its been alot cooler here (30-40degrees). I have noticed a weird new sound from my setup. I am running kooks o/r headers with bullet resonators along with corsa extreme. It almost sounds like something could be loose or broken in the muffler. you can really hear it when you let off. It's a metal flapping sound almost. Sounds like air is leaking almost. Think its normal with cold weather? Or could something be broke? the car is warmed up in the video.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
pulled the car outside the other day. its been alot cooler here (30-40degrees). I have noticed a weird new sound from my setup. I am running kooks o/r headers with bullet resonators along with corsa extreme. It almost sounds like something could be loose or broken in the muffler. you can really hear it when you let off. It's a metal flapping sound almost. Sounds like air is leaking almost. Think its normal with cold weather? Or could something be broke? the car is warmed up in the video.

Check your clamps.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
clamps are all tight. noise is coming out of the tips

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Is yours an older version of the Corsa? I know earlier variations of the exhaust had issues with the weld breaking on the adapter towards to cats.

After reading, you have the performance connect since you are running headers, don't think those had any issues.

Maybe packing came loose in muffler?

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
not sure of what model it is.but im not using the adapters ether. its full 3"

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
clamps are all tight. noise is coming out of the tips
It does sound much more metallic and raspy in the cold weather. You may have to do a relatively long drive to get the pipes hot enough to hear a change.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Mine does the exact same thing and has nothing exhaust in common with yours. Kinda the same rattle tinny whatever sound the 5.0 just makes. Bugged me forever, but I’m over it.
Sponsored