Sponsored

Scuff marks on plastic door sill

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Are people finding that the inner door sill plastic near the door sill is getting a lot of scuff marks, also the lower door area. Because of the size of the doors, the width of the door sill area combined with the low entry into the car my plastic bits are getting hammered. Couple of scratches (scratches easily) which I am pretty sure you cannot get out of textured plastic. Put some product on the scuff marks which cleaned up ok but is a bit of a battle. Are there any products out there to make life easier?

Cheers
:doh:
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Noticed it myself, but not going to lose sleep. Only driven my car maybe 10 or 12 times. Happy with car, bonnet, panel fit and paint. Not modifying my car at all.
I put it down to use and wear and tear.
Couldn't stand it if it was external though .
Gotta try n overcome my OCD with the Stang and maybe internal wear and tear is some small concession.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have this method of exiting the car which pretty much eliminates the possibility of your feet coming into contact with the trim (works especially well in confined places):

1. Open door to the first 'click';
  2. Leading with your left foot, swivel out of your seat and turn towards the rear of the car as you exit (placing your left foot on the ground facing the rear as you do so - it's ok to use your hands on the seat for support);
  3. Lift your right foot above the sill and onto the ground;
  4. Take a couple of steps forward (well, rearwards) until you're clear of the door.
This also prevents your arse from scrubbing up against the seat bolster as you exit, minimising the possibility of damage there too.

No need to thank me.

I also have a safe entry method if anyone is interested.

:thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have this method of exiting the car which pretty much eliminates the possibility of your feet coming into contact with the trim (works especially well in confined places):

2. Leading with your left foot, swivel out of your seat and turn towards the rear of the car as you exit (placing your left foot on the ground facing the rear as you do so - it's ok to use your hands on the seat for support);
  4. Take a couple of steps forward (well, rearwards) until you're clear of the door.
This also prevents your arse from scrubbing up against the seat bolster as you exit, minimising the possibility of damage there too.

No need to thank me.

I need a giggle, please share video.

Sponsored

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016

No need to thank me.

:thumbsup: i do the same

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have an instruction sheet on the passenger door drewbo?

Was thinking if maybe a clear contact film might work?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have an instruction sheet on the passenger door drewbo?
Would be identical, just mirrored.

Driver and passenger doing it at the same time would be quite the spectacle.

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After having a go following your instructions I do see why you do it that way. How do you enter the vehicle, sit first and then swivel?

Sponsored
OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it is possible to get some thin black rubber and place it under the rubber edge on the sill plate and let it sit over the plastic as a protective cover? It wouldn't look too silly me thinks.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
How do you enter the vehicle, sit first and then swivel?
I'm glad you asked!

1. Open door to the first 'click' (there's a pattern forming here);
  2. Lift your left foot over the door sill and place it into the far left hand side of the foot well towards the front;
  3. Swivel your arse around the seat bolster and into the seat being careful to avoid contact with the bolster (you can use your hands on either the centre console or steering wheel for support);
  4. Lift your right foot over the door sill and into the foot well.
  5. Close the door with immense satisfaction in the knowledge that you have sucessfully pulled off yet another interior-preserving manouevre.
:clap2:

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
I put it down to use and wear and tear.
Couldn't stand it if it was external though .
Gotta try n overcome my OCD with the Stang and maybe internal wear and tear is some small concession.
My OCD levels escalate when the following two things occur but I reckon my fellow Stangers can understand my pain-
1- Fingers prints left on the door windows from people using the top of the window as a friggin door handle
2- Dust on the deck lid

Closely followed by- “Bugs”(Am I the only one that checks the front of the car for bug splat every time I stop somewhere?) and then “Brake dust”

Yep I need a shrink, but I found beer works just as good and is cheaper!!!

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
1- Fingers prints left on the door windows from people using the top of the window as a friggin door handle
This!! You don't need to touch the door/window as leverage to get out of the vehicle!! :frusty:

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
This!! You don't need to touch the door/window as leverage to get out of the vehicle!! :frusty:
Depends on the situation. My mother just had her 2nd knee replacement surgery and she needs to hang on to anything possible, including me whilst exiting the vehicle. Id prefer a few fingerprints on the glass than her falling over :thumbsup:
Sponsored