Ring Time for the ZL1-1LE........wow

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
LOL at people who think the ZL1LE can best a C6 ZR1 :lol:

Watch the '19 GT350R get upgrades and beat the ZL1LE in a H2H.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Did they fix the overheating issues?

And after seeing the reviews of the Z06 where pro drivers say it is dangerous and difficult to drive, you still would consider buying one?
They fixed the issues same way Ford fixed the limp mode and overheating problems on the gt350's. Some of first year production cars all have issues, some electrical, some body work, and some mechanical. Thats what TSB's are for. To answer your question, any car is dangerous in the hands of people who think they can go WOT anytime they want! I would rather own a gs vette.

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
Impressive run for sure, but I'm with 1320 on this.Without any kind of independent verification we will never know if this particular car has been modified over the car people will be actually buying at the dealership. It reminds me of the publicity stunt FCA did with the Hellcat and Gas Monkey.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
And FWIW..I don't trust ANY ring times, or runs done at tracks where there haven't been true independent verification folks on hand. It doesn't matter if it's Ford, FCA, GM or BMW who has done it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
And FWIW..I don't trust ANY ring times, or runs done at tracks where there haven't been true independent verification folks on hand. It doesn't matter if it's Ford, FCA, GM or BMW who has done it.

Definitely. The numbers don't mean anything to me. All that matters is how the car handles the track from the driver's aspect. If the car is well sorted usually you can see it looking at the driver. Plus the videos are fun as hell to watch!!:headbang:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
He also posted in couple of different places.

Also - I absolutely love this - from article on Petrolicious :

To paraphrase Camaro’s Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser, giving the car an automatic would enable posers who would rather be driving the car down city streets while looking cool than sitting trackside, adjusting camber settings at six in the morning. This car, he reasons, is for enthusiasts. Performance car boulevardiers need not apply.

As long as people thinking this way are around, future is bright.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
He must be posting while standing up, balls too big to sit down.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
LOL at people who think the ZL1LE can best a C6 ZR1 :lol:

Watch the '19 GT350R get upgrades and beat the ZL1LE in a H2H.
Love to see what the GT350R would run with the Direct/Port Injection and 10 speed auto.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Love to see what the GT350R would run with the Direct/Port Injection and 10 speed auto.
Model year 2018 has been slightly delayed by 2.5 months and probably for good reason(s). The combination of new Coyote R&D, new '18 Refresh and the looming GT500 no doubt cause the delay.

The GT350 will continue into 2019 and 2020 with upgrades. I suspect Port Direct Injection as well as equal length shorty headers will be on the list of upgrades for the 2019. The new GT350 will resemble big brother GT500 somewhat in the fascia. It will probably share a lot of equipment w/ the 350, including a potential DCT. I'm not 100% convinced the "Auto" speculated to be in this 800+hp GT500 is actually a paddle shifted DCT. Untrained observers could assume just that. Same with the "supercharged" speculation. A Hot V configuration, if seen for the first time, could lead someone to believe its a supercharger... as well as a center bump on the hood.

We have seen gills and until last Summer, that wasn't so. A parallel twin turbo won't usually fit... but, with a longer '18 nose and gills, a Twin could fit.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
FWIW:
The ring time doesn't matter, because it is still a Camaro... which means it still lacks proper outward visibility. Which obviously doesn't matter when racing, but in the real life, and with pedestrians, or being aware/defensive driving, parking lots...?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep; these cars just keep getting better and the price keeps getting bigger

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Model year 2018 has been slightly delayed by 2.5 months and probably for good reason(s). The combination of new Coyote R&D, new '18 Refresh and the looming GT500 no doubt cause the delay.

The GT350 will continue into 2019 and 2020 with upgrades. I suspect Port Direct Injection as well as equal length shorty headers will be on the list of upgrades for the 2019. The new GT350 will resemble big brother GT500 somewhat in the fascia. It will probably share a lot of equipment w/ the 350, including a potential DCT. I'm not 100% convinced the "Auto" speculated to be in this 800+hp GT500 is actually a paddle shifted DCT. Untrained observers could assume just that. Same with the "supercharged" speculation. A Hot V configuration, if seen for the first time, could lead someone to believe its a supercharger... as well as a center bump on the hood.

We have seen gills and until last Summer, that wasn't so. A parallel twin turbo won't usually fit... but, with a longer '18 nose and gills, a Twin could fit.
As someone in the know it absolutely cracks me up how you are wrong on every single point, and I'm so excited for the reveal.
Sponsored