brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey guys,

I commute in my 17 PP GT year round in the D.C. area and am looking for some all season's for the Winter. We don't really see real snow here but I kind of want something that can make it in 2-3 inches of snow although it's not necessary since I would just end up working remote if the snow is bad. I'm mostly concerned with a setup that's better temperature wise.

First point is really more about sizing. I was thinking about going 255/40-19 all around but I don't have a way to calibrate my speedo so I'm not to crazy about that setup. Alternatively, I thought about buying a pair of the 19x9.5 rear PP wheels and bolting them on the front with spacers so I could run 275's all around and rotate but that costs more than I care (just a po boy) for and I'm worried about bigger tires in the front causing drivability issues. I'm probably go to end up staying with stock sizes but I'm open to feedback.

Next thing I'm looking for is recommendations on all all season tires. Like I said, i'm not too concerned about snow more about cold, dry weather. These are what I've considered:

-Continental DWS06: seem to be the best choice for snow, good tread life and land in the middle price wise vs. other tires
-Yokahama Advan sport A/S: Seem decent all around and cheapish
-BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S: Seem good all around and cheapish
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+: Seem really good but too expensive, well about $100 more than DWS06

I appreciate feedback on anything I mentioned even if it's just a tire preference!
Sponsored

Last edited:

turbo65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Performance Pkg
We are in the same boat! DWS06's are a no-brainer for me.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I ran those Yok Sport A/S on my last car which was FWD, a friend of mine recommended them. Excellent grip during the warm months and were fine during low temp spells on dry roads. They were OK on wet roads/slush but were absolutely terrifying in snow. They have an aggressive looking tread and looked like they would do well in winter conditions but they absolutely sucked in any measurable amount snow, worst of any A/S tire I've used.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Went through this exact thing last year. There's really only 3 options to consider -

Continental DWS - 06 - Quietest/Great for highway, soft sidewalls falter under hard driving. Does very good in snow.

BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/s - I bought these they're excellent and outside of a track, offer comparable performance (outside of a track) to the pirelli Pzero in the summer, in all seasons. They can get through light snow too. They have a blocky side wall (appearance wise).

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ - Best A/S by far, in every category, and offer comparable performance to quality High performance tires. They're the most expensive though (which is why I didn't grab them).

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I currently run the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. Have had them on for a few hundred miles now. Tires are very stable at high speeds, lots of grip so far in dry and wet areas. They hang in the corners like a champ. Mine are 255/40/19s. The tread design on the outer part of the tire looks like it will grip decently in snow.

Not sure what you guys consider expensive, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal on mine. Actually cheaper than the Continental or BFs. Tires are one thing not to skimp on. They are the only thing between you and the road.

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I currently run the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. Have had them on for a few hundred miles now. Tires are very stable at high speeds, lots of grip so far in dry and wet areas. They hang in the corners like a champ. Mine are 255/40/19s. The tread design on the outer part of the tire looks like it will grip decently in snow.

Not sure what you guys consider expensive, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal on mine. Actually cheaper than the Continental or BFs. Tires are one thing not to skimp on. They are the only thing between you and the road.

Are you running a square set up? and Is this all year round?

At this time last year, when I was looking to pull the trigger, they were about 75 dollars per tire more expensive then the BFG-Force

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Are you running a square set up? and Is this all year round?

At this time last year, when I was looking to pull the trigger, they were about 75 dollars per tire more expensive then the BFG-Force
Square setup, all year long.

I guess the price depends on where you live and what size tire you are looking at. I wanted to go with 255/45/19s, but stayed with the stock size 255/40/19s since the 45s were going to be about $50 more a tire.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Square setup, all year long.

I guess the price depends on where you live and what size tire you are looking at. I wanted to go with 255/45/19s, but stayed with the stock size 255/40/19s since the 45s were going to be about $50 more a tire.
Any differences in turn in that you notice while you were running a staggered set up?

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What? I run a squared setup.

Right I meant when you were running a staggered set up that came with the car

Sponsored
OP
OP

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I ended up buying a set of 255/275 DWS06's for $708 shipped. The PS A/S 3's where within $100 but the DWS06's seem to have better snow performance from what I've read and I'm going to switch back to my Pirelli's in Summer so I'm not trying to find one tire that does it all.

The DWS06 could last me 5 years. Eventually I may go square but keep the stock PP wheels with the DWS06's mounted as my winder wheels. Well, at least I can dream about having a set of HRE FF01's in IPA (Probably more like Forgestar f14's because poor). Not trying to mount/remove tires a bunch and have them get messed up.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Great choice in tires. Contis DWS06 are the way to go for all season. :)

I ended up buying a set of 255/275 DWS06's for $708 shipped. The PS A/S 3's where within $100 but the DWS06's seem to have better snow performance from what I've read and I'm going to switch back to my Pirelli's in Summer so I'm not trying to find one tire that does it all.

The DWS06 could last me 5 years. Eventually I may go square but keep the stock PP wheels with the DWS06's mounted as my winder wheels. Well, at least I can dream about having a set of HRE FF01's in IPA (Probably more like Forgestar f14's because poor). Not trying to mount/remove tires a bunch and have them get messed up.

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I got the DWS's as well... havnt put them on yet but will report when I do. 275/35-20... really envious of the prices for smaller more common rims...
$282.52ea for exact fitment...
$218.32ea for 275/35-20 and a lot more choices...
Sponsored