Sponsored

MY18 Modifications, help me find some Black Friday deals please?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I've got an MY18 on order and I'd like to grab some mods for it in the Black Friday sales:
- V8 Coupe A10 Performance Pack
- Mag ride
- Recaro's
- Forged wheels
- Premium, digital dash etc.
- Orange fury, black roof

That sums it up, its a UK car so spec may differ slightly from US car.

In short one of the mods I most want to do with the car when I get it is lower the car using some lowering springs. As it is mag ride I am not sure which springs I need to buy and if anywhere has a nice discount on them for Black Friday?

I shall also fit spacers all round, or could also be tempted with a set of wheels, I like the SVE 350R wheels.

I am also looking at the 350 brake kit, but the MY18 has some 350 parts on it, so do I need the full brake kit that converts GT to 350, or can I just buy the regular 350 calipers and disc which is quite a lot cheaper than the full kit.

But my priority is really only lowering, brakes and wheels. Once I have the car I shall probably get a Lund or PBD tune for the car.

Can one use SCT X4 to flash MY18 or does one need a new updated flashing tool?

P.S. Any got a good deal on the genuine 350R seat delete kit please?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So, did you go looking to see if anyone is offering the parts you want for your 2018MY car? Have you internet shopped for tunes/tuners, lowering springs?

What do you believe most folks here in the states know about Euro-spec cars? Why do you think you'd need to replace 15" 6-piston Brembo brakes? Also, why would you pay all that money for Magneride, and then change the springs/lower it, and add spacers?

You're the person to answer all of your own questions for the rest of us. We don't know shit about Euro-spec cars.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, did you go looking to see if anyone is offering the parts you want for your 2018MY car? What do you believe most folks here in the states know about Euro-spec cars? And why do you think you'd need to replace 15" 6-piston Brembo brakes?

You're the person to answer all of your own questions for the rest of us. We don't know shit about Euro-spec cars.
All I need to know is what springs work with mag ride 18 cars, EU and US are the same when it comes to the magneride option.

As owners have cars now in USA and vendors have cars is the reason I am asking here!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
All I need to know is what springs work with mag ride 18 cars, EU and US are the same when it comes to the magneride option.

As owners have cars now in USA and vendors have cars is the reason I am asking here!
Let me ask again; have you gone internet shopping for springs and such?

People have just gotten the first few cars in the last few days. Magazines here haven't even tested production cars yet. Do you believe there are people that have already lowered their Magneride cars?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me ask again; have you gone internet shopping for springs and such?

People have just gotten the first few cars in the last few days. Magazines here haven't even tested production cars yet. Do you believe there are people that have already lowered their Magneride cars?
Well speaking with CJ's they are lowering Bill's today/tomorrow which has mag ride, so guess they will be the first. :)

Also several Ford dealers are on this forum, Roush is also present and I am sure they might know.

I am just looking for a solution and want to order over Black Friday to get a good deal.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So, no, you haven't checked to see if the parts you want are available.

You might start there.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking with Ford and Bill at CJ Pony the Ford 350 springs should fit and Bill is going to try them and come back to me. Happy days! :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I’m hoping any springs that fit the 350 will fit the 18.

Saying that, I’m sure a number of aftermarket companies are in the process of developing springs for Magneride optioned 18s

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping any springs that fit the 350 will fit the 18.

Saying that, I’m sure a number of aftermarket companies are in the process of developing springs for Magneride optioned 18s
They should fit as my guess is Ford used what they already knew worked with the MY mag option and as such cars optioned with mag ride simply get pretty much 350 complete suspension.

As such any lowering spring designed for the 350 mag ride, should in theory work, of course I'd rather that theory was tested before I place an order.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
They should fit as my guess is Ford used what they already knew worked with the MY mag option and as such cars optioned with mag ride simply get pretty much 350 complete suspension.

As such any lowering spring designed for the 350 mag ride, should in theory work, of course I'd rather that theory was tested before I place an order.
That’s what I think. However, will be interesting to see what new springs are being developed and available for the Magneride

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I think. However, will be interesting to see what new springs are being developed and available for the Magneride
I'd rather stick with Ford stuff, simply they put a lot more money and time into research and development, so if the Ford springs fit perfectly I shall go with those. :)
Sponsored