Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Added some new parts
K&N air filter and washable cabin air filter
MMD splash guards - Ordered front and rear ones, bit of a problem with the front ones
The box was labelled Front but it contained rear splash guards ones WTF.
No response from American Muscle yet but not holding my breathe.
So fitted the rears anyway they are good quality and fitment and does not look out of place.
I’ll see if they have any specials on Friday and reorder the front ones again.
As an afterthought K&N do an intake tube that uses the OEM air box. As I deleted the sound tube
I thought this would look nice as it does not have the port for the sound tube, the kit also comes with a filter, ordered it on 15/11 and arrived today, can’t complain about that.
Fitted the intake tube today after work, still yet to give it a work out.
new mudflaps 4.jpg
side.jpg
new mudflaps.jpg
K_N installed 1.jpg
K_N installed.jpg
Sponsored

ortovosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang fastback
few weeks back, got the car paint corrected and ceramic coated... love it. Black car is hard to keep clean and this makes car easier to clean and looks great. As factory paint is so thin - will hopefully help protect paint in the long term as well.

today I installed the Exotic Pony Mods V3 rear sequentials. Took less than 5 minutes and looks great.

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
the rear sequentials arent orange unfortunately. looks like to get the full amber and red triple will cost at least 1k. not sure its worth it.

very strange the export model didnt go with triple red and amber, even if sequential wasnt enabled it would have been more visible from the rear.

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Roooooushed! Axle back, found a great local mech at Ricko's Exhausts to fit and he let me watch... So very cool sound, but loud!!!

Was coming up to a left hand turn at the lights and going to do the usual rev and down change to second, burble, then pull out and blast (gently) into third, but there was a police car sitting in the line to go straight, so pulled the back the gear change and went quietly as I could (read not very quietly) around and then accelerated as quietly as I could (again read not very quietly). Self conscious about the noise.

Hmmm so I've taken it for a blast through the hills (Belair for the locals) and it is awesome, I feel like I just needed 05 stuck on the side and I'm Bathurst ready! Apologies to Belair residents.

So I'm concerned that I'm too loud, has anyone been pulled over or had the Roush tested and will it pass?
IMG_264.jpg
IMG_252.jpg
IMG_259.jpg
IMG_261.jpg
IMG_263.jpg

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Nice work Aaron. It settles down after about 1000km but I've had no drama and I've had mine on for 8000km. I find it is subdued on normal driving and sounds wicked if you give it a bit. Did you remove the sound tube

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ you might find it's the initial shock at having a louder exhaust. I've heard a couple of Roush axle-backs and felt they were really loud with the hammer down but not too bad just tootling around.

I thought my AWE Touring was loud at first but it's settled down now and it's only a bit loud on cold starts.

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Hey Snake, I've left the sound tube at this stage. You'll have to take me for a run in yours to hear the difference it makes without it. I hope it does settle a bit, the exhaust mech thinks it will too. This morning it still rumbled and burbled and spat and barked its way to work, lol.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
K&N intake tube and filter road trip

Thought I would give some feedback on the K&N Intake tube and filter I installed the other day (see top of page)

The engine now seems to just want to go (like someone kicked the coyote in the nuts):eyebulge:
The exhaust note has also changed a little, bit more throaty sound now.

Did a road trip Monday, 1200km drive ave 9.2L/100km
best was from Coober Pedy to Port Augusta used 47 Litres for 542km at 110Km/h
(47 litres x 100) / 542 = 8.67158672 litre.

so definitely a small improvement in fuel economy.
will see how the rest of the trip goes.

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
Got the xforce varex catback and air raid CAI installed by Castle Hill Performance yesterday...man what a difference, sounds right now :) The autos downshift blips sound awesome.

the smartbox thing is pretty cool, bit of a gimmick but being able to close it down when you want is excellent.

Off to find some tunnels :p

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Got bogged in a car park with all this rain in Melbourne. Way too much power to the rear wheels to get any traction. Couldn’t work out a safe way to get a pull out from the rear so had to wait 30min for the car in front to move so I could roll out forward

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shockworks coilovers fitted yesterday at the dealership. Unfortunately I couldn't hang around and so I have no photos.

These are essentially the same that can be seen on the Mustang Motorsport website and the new alloy rear top mounts for the shocks bears their logo.

After a few discussions with Brett of Shockworks I settled on a "0" setting (full soft) which is firm enough for road use, and drops of 15mm F & 10mm R.

Driving home seemed a lot flatter even on low speed corners.

Will give more feedback once I've been for some drives.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Shockworks coilovers fitted yesterday at the dealership. Unfortunately I couldn't hang around and so I have no photos.

These are essentially the same that can be seen on the Mustang Motorsport website and the new alloy rear top mounts for the shocks bears their logo.

After a few discussions with Brett of Shockworks I settled on a "0" setting (full soft) which is firm enough for road use, and drops of 15mm F & 10mm R.

Driving home seemed a lot flatter even on low speed corners.

Will give more feedback once I've been for some drives.
Would like to see photos of the drop as I’m getting mine done in a January. Don’t want to overdo it as I don’t scrape at the moment and want to keep t that way.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Got bogged in a car park with all this rain in Melbourne. Way too much power to the rear wheels to get any traction. Couldn’t work out a safe way to get a pull out from the rear so had to wait 30min for the car in front to move so I could roll out forward
Glad you got our unscathed

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Good stuff, interested to know how it strikes you as different to stock on bumps and uneven surfaces in particular.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would like to see photos of the drop as I’m getting mine done in a January. Don’t want to overdo it as I don’t scrape at the moment and want to keep t that way.
Hi Vinno,

If you pm me an email address I'll send some photos probably later in the week as I haven't updated to any hosting site.

For GT550, I've found them firmer than stock but not uncomfortable and definitely more controlled. There's no knocking while driving along but I have heard a noise when I'm reversing down the drive and turn to back out to the street. I think that's because going over the kerb there is a bit of wheel movement and it rub. Apart from that no clunks or bangs at all.
Sponsored

Last edited: