Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After a few weeks of thinking it over, I ended up getting an AWE catback for my car. I decided to order it from AWE and have them install it since they are literally 25 minutes away from my house and it was faster then waiting for it to ship. They were kind enough to let me snap a couple pics and hang around during the install and Josh gave me a tour of the shop and some of the behind the scenes on how they make their exhausts which was awesome to see. I know a lot of people have been following along and waiting for more info and sound on these systems so I will do the best I can.

I'm switching from the MMD side exit catback to the Touring system with black tips from AWE. The side exit was fun for a while, but my ear drums could no longer take it. I have a Gibson catback before so that's my frame of reference in comparison.

First impression of the AWE system is that it looks great, quality materials and the welds are awesome. The black tips looks awesome and are a lot nicer then a standard black finish

The exhaust is 3" with and H pipe that steps down for fit the factory connectors. I have Pypes catted long tubes with a factory connect and it fit perfect. The exhaust hangs nice and tight under the car, so no issues for lowered guys or cars with bags like myself. Fit and finish is much better in comparison to the MMD side exit and the Gibson.

[ame]

Now the part that everybody only really cares about, the sound. It's got a really deep aggressive note to it on start up and idle which is great. Rev it a little and it really comes to life. Obviously a totally different sound then my side exit, and has a deeper tone then the Gibson which had a bit more rasp (I assume because of the X pipe). It has a little rasp, it's very minimal and only when I really open it up (again I assume because of the long tubes) but nothing near say a Corsa Xtreme, and the exhaust has a nice burble and pop to it which I love. It sounds mean as hell but not over the top. The best part is no drone at all driving the car home. On both back roads and at higher speed it sounded great inside the car. I've never had an exhaust that did not drone so this was a totally new experience to me. Check out the sound clip and see what you think.

Hope this helps some people who were looking into a system from AWE but were on the fence. I was not sure what to expect myself, but I am very happy with the end result and can't find anything bad to say at this point. I will update with more thoughts, videos, and pictures as I drive the car more.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/Perf
Nice! Will be taking some vids of my awe touring come Saturday, and into the forums the day after ^^

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a supercharger creating the whining sound? Really like the sound though, really mean

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
interesting, my touring catback with the fac manifolds has absolutely no rasp at all.

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
interesting, my touring catback with the fac manifolds has absolutely no rasp at all.
It's very very minimal. Only when I really open it up. Most likely just from the long tubes changing the tone a little bit.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yes, no rasp here with my AWE. Must be your long tubes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, no rasp here with my AWE. Must be your long tubes.
Yea like I said it's very minimal. I'll chalk it up to the long tubes as well. Nothing that should deter anybody. Just wanted to give my honest opinion on it.. c-ouldnt be happier with the sound and the quality. Sounds like I'm not the only one. AWE knocked it out of the park!

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Steve, I was in AWE today to talk about this exhaust. I was hoping they had the car used to shoot the video (no luck). I am in Willow Grove, and would love to hear this in person. I need to decide on taking a chance and putting these with my cat deletes. I currently have Solo which was deep and mellow, but dumping the cats added a little bit of rasp and volume.

Jeff

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Steve, I was in AWE today to talk about this exhaust. I was hoping they had the car used to shoot the video (no luck). I am in Willow Grove, and would love to hear this in person. I need to decide on taking a chance and putting these with my cat deletes. I currently have Solo which was deep and mellow, but dumping the cats added a little bit of rasp and volume.

Jeff
Jeff you must have just missed me after I left! I'd be more then happy to meet up with you and let you hear the car. Im in Norristown. I promise you won't be dispointed!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
This video sounds a bit louder than other ones I have heard. Maybe because of the long tubes? Thanks much for the video!

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Jeff you must have just missed me after I left! I'd be more then happy to meet up with you and let you hear the car. Im in Norristown. I promise you won't be dispointed!
Cool, i will check your schedule in private message. [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] , [MENTION=13165]@pc2015 and I can hookup with you to checkout the sounds. :headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited: