Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I got an email from Scosche today, kit FD6210B should be coming out soon for the 2015 mustang gt. Its not available yet but they said to check back in 1 - 2 months for an update.

Still a way off but im glad to see something in the works that might allow those who want to install a real sound system a way to do so.
Sponsored

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
By kit, do you mean that we'll be able to wire up aftermarket head units without any issues and retain steering wheel controls, etc., or is this purely a plastic mountain bracket?

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
By kit, do you mean that we'll be able to wire up aftermarket head units without any issues and retain steering wheel controls, etc., or is this purely a plastic mountain bracket?
well "without issues" remains to be seen. i wouldnt answer that till i have one in my car.

I did ask about SW controls but haven't got an answer yet.

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
well "without issues" remains to be seen. i wouldnt answer that till i have one in my car.

I did ask about SW controls but haven't got an answer yet.
Understood that some work still needs to be done. What I was getting at, however, is that it's not simply a plastic mounting bracket, but the wiring should be taken care of as well, correct? I assume this will cost somewhere around $500-600? Is there a rough ETA? Any other info you can share?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Probably be able to use other options to retain sw controls/bluetooth.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
This will be applicable to all forums of sync I imagine. The Head Unit will determine its interaction with the SW controls. You can't put that on Scosche considering they don't make the firmware/software for every unit out there. They are just making a bracket/pigtail to fit the S550. Leave that to Pioneer to figure out (which they usually do). Once Pioneer drops a HU with apple car play and SW controls I may jump to it.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
i asked some more questions, its definitely to install aftermarket head units, so no tom top garbage. also, looks like an easier way to get rid of the sync garbage. that would leave all of the rest like blutooth SW controls etc up to you and your mobile devices, your head unit and some kind of SWC adapter. It looks like the Metra 2016 SEMA Products quide has some products that are for the 2017 fords so they might be coming out with a steering wheel adapter programmed for our cars.

i would encourage anyone interested to contact those companies and not rely on me for answers as i dont work for them :)

They did say this is will work for the base gt.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Here's a picture of the Scosche D6210B kit. It's the best picture I could get of it.

Kinda ugly how the screen protrudes out so much but it looks like it's necessary for clearance issues.

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
coconut, I can't see anything in your post. No pic shows through.

FWIW, I just got off the phone with the fine folks over at Maestro/idatalink:
They know about the huge demand and are working on it, but are in preliminary stages. They don't yet have a working prototype, but they are working on the F150 and Mustang simultaneously and look to release their product for these vehicles at the same time as well
The rep on the phone gave me the obvious news that Fords are a true PITA to work with, but that being said, it looks like we'll eventually have some options.
When asked for an ETA, he did not know, but he made a very rough estimate that it would be a little over another year before this comes to fruition. Again, he promised nothing, but this was just a guess.
I learned that they reverse engineer all the cars they work on. Manufacturers give them nothing, so they do it all themselves (they are mostly electrical engineers who do the work). Once they figure out the software, they make the hardware, which will be a mounting kit, replacing the HVAC as well. The previous gen Mustang kit was $250, he told me. I imagine this would be a little more.
I can't wait to have more options than what we currently have. I've been eyeing up the Pioneer units for a while.

Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Here's a picture of the Scosche D6210B kit. It's the best picture I could get of it.

Kinda ugly how the screen protrudes out so much but it looks like it's necessary for clearance issues.

This is great. Been waiting on this!!! Really want to get a nice headunit, amp and speakers.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that they created a screen for the HVAC controls vs leaving the exisiting controls in place.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Interesting that they created a screen for the HVAC controls vs leaving the exisiting controls in place.
I thought the same thing, but maybe that's how they get around the giant circuit board on the base models.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you look at the catalog it looks they are using that for most of the applications other than the GM's which look like they get integrated with the aftermarket radio somehow.
Sponsored