Steeda Jacking Rails - do it :)

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I can confirm the new rails are indeed only 1" not 1 1/2" like the original ones. I also installed the brace and I can say 90% of tramlining is gone and the car feels more planted. I drove the car for about 150 miles today so its not a placebo effect.
Interesting, I have heard others say that the brace improved tramlining as well. It drives ridiculous on the highways under construction where lanes are different levels, car feels real unsafe, will need to add the brace, which one specifically did you use? Thx in advance.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oh no...cant resist...bs radar active.. beeeeeeeep

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Oh no...cant resist...bs radar active.. beeeeeeeep
I know, I've heard this too, and understand technically speaking a lower brace shouldn't have any effect on tramlining, but many say it does. It's cheap and can't hurt anything so why not...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Remember that different damper modes will change tramlining characteristics. Let us know!

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Just ordered mine. Going to make raising the car 100x less annoying.

Sponsored

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
I've heard the reduced tramlining effect from the G-Brace but not the rails. I've got both going on once the weather turns for the better here in a couple weeks, and there is a road nearby where I can test. I'll put the rails on first and see what's what.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I've heard the reduced tramlining effect from the G-Brace but not the rails. I've got both going on once the weather turns for the better here in a couple weeks, and there is a road nearby where I can test. I'll put the rails on first and see what's what.
Sorry, I think we changed subjects for a second and were speaking of the brace possibly improving tramlining, not the rails. I have the rails on mine (Steeda) and they of course didn't improve tramlining at all. Wasn't expecting that. And really don't expect the brace to improve tramlining but many say it has, whether it's placebo or not, if some think they help and the car feels more stable, then they help, right? lol.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Reading comprehension mistake on my part. Monday morning, pre-coffee.

I wouldn't expect the rails to help with tramlining either.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Have you tried one yet?
Would you believe me if I had and told you it didn't change anything? :)

Nope - extra weight. I believe that particular characteristic is snake oil, as you know. Steeda doesn't even market the part for this purpose (tramlining). I do have a friend who tried it with zero change - as I would expect. Like I've said, at low load of going in a straight line, Ford is NOT going to leave so much slop in a platform meant to handle well on the track (in the main structure of the car, no less!) where a brace is going to stop so much movement that it makes tramlining come or go. You know my position.

I'd just point out that my R tram lines much differently in track vs comfort. What I haven't done is see if it's the steering or the dampers that are making the difference.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Would you believe me if I had and told you it didn't change anything? :)

Nope - extra weight. I believe that particular characteristic is snake oil, as you know. Steeda doesn't even market the part for this purpose (tramlining). I do have a friend who tried it with zero change - as I would expect. Like I've said, at low load of going in a straight line, Ford is NOT going to leave so much slop in a platform meant to handle well on the track (in the main structure of the car, no less!) where a brace is going to stop so much movement that it makes tramlining come or go. You know my position.

I'd just point out that my R tram lines much differently in track vs comfort. What I haven't done is see if it's the steering or the dampers that are making the difference.
Interesting... what does your friend drive?

Call it snake oil or however you wish to classify your ignorance to the part... it's all the same. Trying to tell someone something is snake oil without even having tried the item of controversy is dumb.

So, I have driven an R with and without the part. In fact, I've driven 3 different 350s, two R's and one TrP, and the tramlining was noticeable in all 3, but more so on the R's.

I have tried different steering modes prior to the G brace and the sport mode setting amplifies the heft needed to overcome the wandering, as expected.

I have also tried the different shock settings prior to the G-brace and there was nil-to-minimal effect.

You could try the part... maybe get a little more firsthand experience rather than be a subjective heckler, but then again, that may be snake oil to you too.

At least Joe Charles did try it before giving an honest judgment.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Man I have some parts to sell you. You're the perfect customer for unproven, bolt-it-on because something fits there parts. Ignorant? Better ask around. You seem to be taking personal offense here. You're welcome to waste your money wherever you like.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
At least Joe Charles did try it before giving an honest judgment.
I put about 400 highway miles on my car a few weeks ago down in FL. Even with the Steeda G-Trac brace, this is NOT a car that you can casually drive. It will flat out scare the crap out of you with sudden darting left or right (Tramlining). It just adds to the character of the car. :thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Man I have some parts to sell you. You're the perfect customer for unproven, bolt-it-on because something fits there parts. Ignorant? Better ask around. You seem to be taking personal offense here. You're welcome to waste your money wherever you like.
Lol... personal offense... you're funny.

Ignorant?... yes. Anyone making judgments on anything they have absolutely zero experience with is "ignorant". That's not personal... just fact.

How bout you fake news elsewhere... lol. :cheers:

At least Joe told the experienced truth...

Ask around...:lol:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You're the one that wasted his money but I'm ignorant for not trying something I know doesn't work in that manner. I have money in my wallet - fine by me.
Sponsored