2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
When speaking of the 5.2 are you all referring to the FPC? I ask because I think a 5.2 will be used but I don't think it will be the FPC variant. If everyone remembers we saw a 5.2 CPC variant at sema two years ago and I find it odd that we saw it that one time and have heard nothing of it since (unless its been out and I just haven't seen it).
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Unless it is Gen II 3.5 ecoboost powered. Maybe they are trying to squeeze 700 plus out of it.

Pure speculation.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Don't forget, Car and Driver says the next GT500 will be powered by a V8 and be available in late 2017. Car and Driver has earned respect over the years for giving reliable information.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If it were merely supercharged, it could have been available year two.

The ecoboost v8 would benefit from the work done on the eco6 as well as the DPI going into the next gen 5.0.

A supercharged v8 - even the 5 liter - would be plenty competitive with the lt4. But I doubt Ford wants to be competitive. They could slap a supercharged engine in the 350r, tweak a couple things, and spank the zl1 (and lots of other cars). But it would be simply playing the same game for the last 12 years...

Ford has been at the forefront of engine tech in recent years. And I'm guessing they don't want to settle for "easy."

Those Louvers don't look like simply air extraction if I'm reading the light right in those poor quality photos. It may point to some fairly creative turbo placement.

And if it's twin turbos, even the "demon" needs to be concerned. The power levels wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Power levels... hmmm now I'm reminded of a certain hyper violent cartoon...
9, that would be more than ok by me!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
When speaking of the 5.2 are you all referring to the FPC? I ask because I think a 5.2 will be used but I don't think it will be the FPC variant. If everyone remembers we saw a 5.2 CPC variant at sema two years ago and I find it odd that we saw it that one time and have heard nothing of it since (unless its been out and I just haven't seen it).
Yes CPC. Was told that the Voodoo would only be seen in the 350

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
What I believe happened IS...

In early 2016 it was either a Supercharged CPC (I called this a Cobra Jet) and the Ecoboost V8 (Super Cobra Jet) and those TWO engines (based on the CPC 5.2) were destined for models like the Mach 1 OR, base GT500 (Supercharged) then the Ecoboost would be reserved for the 500 if they went Mach 1 and the GT500KR got the EBV8.

One engine got the axe (Supercharged) due to future high performance truck lineup demands (here now) and the need for a V8 in the EB family. However, since both Chevy and Dodge now offer two stages for their HALO cars (ZL1LE and Demon), Ford got approved for another model.

Either the GT500KR is more than the typical GT350 R package and offers the EBV8 on its own... OR, they did get approval for a Birthday Mach 1 and since Trump could relax some things, a SC V8 could be in testing once again for the Mach 1.

Two completely different GT500's was probably frowned upon so the Mach 1 will get the last SC V8 and be a Drag Pack option.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We're talking 5.2 CPC. Ford have always stated Voodoo (and for that, read 5.2 FPC) would be for the GT350 alone.

The 5.2 CPC is available as a crate engine and is called the Aluminator XS.

The 5.2 CPC also appears in the new Ford Performance GT4 race car.

:)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What I believe happened IS...

In early 2016 it was either a Supercharged CPC (I called this a Cobra Jet) and the Ecoboost V8 (Super Cobra Jet) and those TWO engines (based on the CPC 5.2) were destined for models like the Mach 1 OR, base GT500 (Supercharged) then the Ecoboost would be reserved for the 500 if they went Mach 1 and the GT500KR got the EBV8.

One engine got the axe (Supercharged) due to future high performance truck lineup demands (here now) and the need for a V8 in the EB family. However, since both Chevy and Dodge now offer two stages for their HALO cars (ZL1LE and Demon), Ford got approved for another model.

Either the GT500KR is more than the typical GT350 R package and offers the EBV8 on its own... OR, they did get approval for a Birthday Mach 1 and since Trump could relax some things, a SC V8 could be in testing once again for the Mach 1.

Two completely different GT500's was probably frowned upon so the Mach 1 will get the last SC V8 and be a Drag Pack option.

Two different forced induction V8s? Blimey, if Ford pull that off I'd be mightily impressed. Whilst I'd love to see that, wouldn't they tread on each others toes?

I guess it depends on how they market them, but I'd expect even a "lowly" supercharged Mach 1 to still be able to handle, so I wouldn't want any corners cut (pardon the pun) when it comes to the suspension. This is why I'd always imagined the Mach 1 to remain n/a and sit between a GT and a GT500.

I know you've long suggested both Ecoboost and Supercharged V8 were being developed, so it'll certainly be fantastic if this comes to fruition!

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
We're talking 5.2 CPC. Ford have always stated Voodoo (and for that, read 5.2 FPC) would be for the GT350 alone.

The 5.2 CPC is available as a crate engine and is called the Aluminator XS.

The 5.2 CPC also appears in the new Ford Performance GT4 race car.

Ford has absolutely no reason to stick with that. They can change the cam, the headers, intake manifold, anything. Shit, just add DI like every other Mustang will have now and presto - it's no longer a "Voodoo."

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
True, but I think there would be more than a few upset GT350 owners if a FPC V8 (even with upgrades) was seen in anything other than a GT350.

C'mon Ford, throw us a bone :ford:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just announce and release official images already

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
At the Pensacola MCA National Show this weekend, Ford Performance was again showing their S550 with the 5.2 CPC Aluminator XS. It also had the GT350 Active Exhaust (without the active valve motors, although the mounts are there) using the GT350 Rear Valence. This is a diffferent X-Pipe than comes standard on the 350.

They still don't have a price on the engine. I asked if it would be assembled at the 350 Romeo engine plant. They said no. The parts would be assembled at the regular engine plant. Last year they were working on a package to operate the Exhaust. With the 18s having the Active option, they may decide not to come up with a solution. The 350 Exhaust is larger and requires the larger 5.2 CPC headers. You could build the engine without the CobraJet Intake and use the 350 Intake Manifold and Throttle Body.

Expect the 5.2 to go from possibly $20K - $24K

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ford has absolutely no reason to stick with that. They can change the cam, the headers, intake manifold, anything. Shit, just add DI like every other Mustang will have now and presto - it's no longer a "Voodoo."
This is true however ford knows what is truly unique to the 350 and it's the FPC. It won't be coming in the force induction motor. I'm willing to stake money on it. Wouldn't bother me one bit however.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Two different forced induction V8s? Blimey, if Ford pull that off I'd be mightily impressed. Whilst I'd love to see that, wouldn't they tread on each others toes?

I guess it depends on how they market them, but I'd expect even a "lowly" supercharged Mach 1 to still be able to handle, so I wouldn't want any corners cut (pardon the pun) when it comes to the suspension. This is why I'd always imagined the Mach 1 to remain n/a and sit between a GT and a GT500.

I know you've long suggested both Ecoboost and Supercharged V8 were being developed, so it'll certainly be fantastic if this comes to fruition!

I don't see them putting the money into having 2 FI cars, that's a lot of R&D cost. But if they did maybe the SC would be a lighter weight RWD car target as more of a handling road course car (more powerful GT350) and V8TT as an AWD car targeted as more of a straight line car that can turn, but more of a GT car. They would have to have different objectives to make it worth their money I believe.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd love to believe something crazy is on the horizon but it just doesn't seem logical. I think they keep this next one relatively simple and non innovative.

Why? Because look at all the issues they had/having with the GT and 350. Hell, if I was ford and money was the key factor, I'd get to building hybrids

If they did that crap, they'd lose me and several others as customers but they would probably gain a ton more of tree huggers.
Sponsored