Sponsored

POST PICS OF YOUR CUSTOM PLASTI DIPPING!!!

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Inface andrew I have the same rims as you, do you happen to have any other pics of them when you dipped them black before the copper color went over? Did you tape off the center cap? I don't wana cover the pony logo either
Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that have done the 5.0 emblems how do you go about peeling the dog out between the emblem without it peeling off he whole thing ? Like it between the 5 and the 0

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
For those that have done the 5.0 emblems how do you go about peeling the dog out between the emblem without it peeling off he whole thing ? Like it between the 5 and the 0
Just go to youtube and type DipYourCar.com and you'll find hundreds of videos answering any question you have.

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
When dipping rims, I think it is worth the effort to take them off the car. I did this with mine so I could dip the inside of the rim. It gives them a nice uniform look. Taking them off the car let me pop the center caps off and keep the lugs chrome. Besides a couple really small blemishes (this was my first time plastidipping), they look like they came black from the factory.

Justin

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
That glossifier stuff work good have you used it? I'd like them pretty shiny like the stock black rims on the pp cars. I saw they had a metallic style too to make it shiny not sure how it would work with the black. You mentioned not doing the release spray on the tire so you just did a big coat around so it would peel off? I'd like to also do the emblems black also might just leave the pony chrome
I haven't used it so can;t comment mate but i'm sure you could get a pretty good finish based off Youtube vids i've seen. Yes to the thick coat on the tire. Worked fine. 95% peeled off and a soft wire brush got the rest off.

Inface andrew I have the same rims as you, do you happen to have any other pics of them when you dipped them black before the copper color went over? Did you tape off the center cap? I don't wana cover the pony logo either
Sorry mate. Just a couple of not so great pics of the black. I didn't bother covering the pony logo. Just sprayed the whole thing then peeled the spray off the center caps which came off perfectly and easily.
IMG_5956_zpsur5ekomx.jpg

IMG_5955_zpsrywzksfh.jpg

IMG_5957_zpsqoxvlfaf.jpg

When dipping rims, I think it is worth the effort to take them off the car. I did this with mine so I could dip the inside of the rim. It gives them a nice uniform look. Taking them off the car let me pop the center caps off and keep the lugs chrome. Besides a couple really small blemishes (this was my first time plastidipping), they look like they came black from the factory.
Definitely worth the effort. For the amount of time it took me to cover the car with plastic then put the trash bags through the wheel spokes and the awkwardness of spraying upwards and trying to get an even coat, it's MUCH easier to remove the wheels and do it. Center caps can be sprayed as it peels right off. Easy.

Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have been scared to peel it that it would start peeling off the rest of the rim

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6

Justin
Yes, I had a body man do mine off the car so the barrel would be black also. Skipped the metalizer on the inside though.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Wow, great work, fellas! Just out of curiosity for those that dipped their rear valance.

Did you guys simply use matte black, or did you coat it with glossifier after? I want the rear valance to look as close to the black OEM plastic as possible!

For now, I've plastidipped my rims (Matte Black/Glossifer), front grille emblem (Matte Black), and Roush emblem (Matte Black/ Glossifier)

Complete%20Rear_zpsozqqw2mx.jpg

IMG_1038_zpsemrptmuj.jpg

Last edited:

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Dipped the lower bumper.

Before...
21543298749_127a11c5c4_b.jpg

After..
21295320643_9bbeea2cc3_b.jpg

When you did this, how clean did the plastidip peel off between the lower and mid bumper?

In my experience, it typically cuts off clean at natural breaks/lines, was it easy in this experience with the rear valence?

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt