Sponsored

Steeda billet rear shock mount install question

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I've a question about the installation of the billet rear shock mounts. Specifically about the gold spacer. Here's the instructions:
https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/documents/555-8151, 8152, 8153, 555-8160, 555-8161.pdf

Step 6 of the instructions says "Install the supplied gold spacer on the shock, one per side " but does not show a picture of the spacer installed.

So where does the spacer go? Under the bumpstop, closest to the shock body, or above the bump stop directly in contact with the bearing/shock mount body? The latter makes sense, but I need to ask to be sure. Thanks.
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've a question about the installation of the billet rear shock mounts. Specifically about the gold spacer. Here's the instructions:
https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/documents/555-8151, 8152, 8153, 555-8160, 555-8161.pdf

Step 6 of the instructions says "Install the supplied gold spacer on the shock, one per side " but does not show a picture of the spacer installed.

So where does the spacer go? Under the bumpstop, closest to the shock body, or above the bump stop directly in contact with the bearing/shock mount body? The latter makes sense, but I need to ask to be sure. Thanks.
I placed mines under. Order is shock, spacer, billet mount, nut, then lock nut (if applicable).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Between the bumpstop and the mount. It should just sit right at the end of the threaded portion of the shock shaft. Just push the bumpstop all the way down until the mount is all the way on.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I placed mines under. Order is shock, spacer, billet mount, nut, then lock nut (if applicable).
Yeah I put a jam nut on that I had with my Pro Actions to keep the large nut secured.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

The 2 won't conflict with each other at all. It'll be obvious when you do the install. The bump stop goes down further on the smooth part of the shock rod. The spacer will go on top of the shock rod and not be able to go down to the smooth part.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Well, that was easy. :D Thanks, guys. :cheers:

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Anyone get a rear alignment with these on?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I don't think you need to with these. I do believe if you touch the suspension, then you should get it checked, but don't think its makes a significant change in your suspension for an alignment.

I think there are shops around that can do a check and may or may not charge much. Then you will know if you need it, but I wouldn't think you need it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
An alignment is not required when doing the shock mounts. It does not change your ride height or any of the suspension geometry.
Sponsored