Sponsored

Advance trac disable?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is there a way to disable the Advance Trac/Taction control without needing to hold down the button everytime you get in the car? It would be nice if it were normally "off" and could be turned on only when you wanted it.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Do you do a donut every time you start your car or something? Just not understanding why you want it always off.

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dont like the function. I forgot its on and it just gets annoying. Whats the point of having it? Learn how to drive LOL. My 92 Notch turbo never had it. Sure, you can get into trouble, but I dont need to nannies.

Rob@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
it like it's stolen
There isn't a way that I know of without holding the button each time. You could check with your tuner and see if there are any options available.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
pull the fuse, but you loose abs I think

Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dont like the function. I forgot its on and it just gets annoying. Whats the point of having it? Learn how to drive LOL. My 92 Notch turbo never had it. Sure, you can get into trouble, but I dont need to nannies.
If you're on a normal road going from stop light to stop light, or on the highway just cruising along at highway speed how does it get in the way?

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you're on a normal road going from stop light to stop light, or on the highway just cruising along at highway speed how does it get in the way?
I wanna smoke the tires at will and not have ethe engineers or the Ford attorneys helping to keep myself or the general public safe! "insert sarcasm here"

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think the advancetrac is a great safety measure and it doesn't interfere all that much to the point where it's pretty controllable.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It just makes me think that the one time you want to have fun and smoke the tires, it could be your last. Now I've gotta learn more but I've learned about this car that you gotta respect its power. "She's a big broad and she just likes to wield it." - Will Ferrell in The Other Guys

One time I punched it hard coming out of a 7-11, traction off, everything was fine until I shifted into 2nd and it was just starting to transition down a hill... Car went sideways and squirreled for traction. Advancetrac saved my ass and maybe my life. I was going straight and totally was unsuspecting. Especially if you're tuned or have any power adder this car is scary fast.

No I haven't driven a 700whp monster. But this car is pretty damn fast to me.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I'd pull the 62 fuse, but with my advanced cruise control, I lose cruise control. Everytime I reach down and turn off advanced track, my wife knows I'm up to something, then I get judged. If it was always off, I could claim temporary insanity.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
With my 2002 Z06, I had an excuse. Stability control would kick in for no reason at all, going straight down the road at a 75 mph cruise, scare the crap out of you. I disabled it for "safety"!
Sponsored