Vehicle Showcase

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody run across or use the Kenwood KFC-1665S and Kenwood KFC-1665 (F/R)?

The look like the have the 3 point mounting holes as well, which could mean no drilling. Add a wire harness, and no cutting either.

Or are these worse than stock speakers?
I think nothing is worse than stock speakers, neodymium magnets or not.

Problem with the Kenwoods you are showing is that they are both 4 ohm, and you can only use them for the rear.

For fronts you would need a 2ohm speaker, as the oem amp is not strong to start with. If you use a higher impedance speaker, you need more current (volume) to play at same loudness... but it will work.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I have a question for you guys. The speakers I currently have at home are 4 ohms. I assume if I use these with the stock headunit, the only issue I should have is they just won't be as loud, correct?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for you guys. The speakers I currently have at home are 4 ohms. I assume if I use these with the stock headunit, the only issue I should have is they just won't be as loud, correct?
That is correct for the front (doors). For the rear shelf speakers, you will have the same volume (or just as loud if you want) as rears are also 4 ohms ( in practice, it also depends on the sensitivity of the speaker, but for the sake of the argument, we can ignore that, as usually aftermarket speakers are more not less sensible, so volume is slightly higher if anything).

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
There is more than enough treble in the car right now with tweeters firing from the doors, and from A pillars , so I don't think I need another tweeter.

The front dash facing speaker for medium frequencies does well, system needs bass and treble to become pleasant..
My question pretty much is why an upgrade of those tweeters is not necessary? Seems you're saying the stock tweeters in the doors and a pillars are decent enough quality to handle the treble? I have the track pack so I'm also missing the dash speaker.

Sponsored

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
I upgraded the door 6.5" and tweeters with focal 165KR component off the factory head and two Memphis Audio 15-PRX104 10" in a custom box in the unused spare tire well with a 500W RMS memphis amp. I'll take photos later. The installer did not use crossovers initially and the tweeters were fatiguing and overpowering. It was all bass and tweeter and sounded terrible with anything other than rap.

They added crossovers to turn up the midbass in the door speakers and turn down the tweeters and sounds very good now. Much better than stock. I can tell the rear deck need replacing next. I'm unsure about the center dash speaker and 3" door speakers? It seems they would just add more treble. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My question pretty much is why an upgrade of those tweeters is not necessary? Seems you're saying the stock tweeters in the doors and a pillars are decent enough quality to handle the treble? I have the track pack so I'm also missing the dash speaker.
If you look at the speakers I used in the doors for replacement, they do have a tweeter on their own and a crossover built in. They sound great and complement more than enough the treble provided by the A pillars, so I didn't worry about the a pillar tweeter . But if you think you need one, it's easy to replace...

Reactions: CSL

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
If you look at the speakers I used in the doors for replacement, they do have a tweeter on their own and a crossover built in. They sound great and complement more than enough the treble provided by the A pillars, so I didn't worry about the a pillar tweeter . But if you think you need one, it's easy to replace...
See my above post... pillar tweeter was overkill and needed to be turned down. Your approach is cheaper too.

Reactions: CSL

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Is there any difference in factory speakers (or their replacement options) between the 2016 Tech and Track pack cars? I've got a Track Pack and am interested in upgrading the speakers and adding a small mono amp and sub in the spare tire well without messing with the head unit.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any difference in factory speakers (or their replacement options) between the 2016 Tech and Track pack cars? I've got a Track Pack and am interested in upgrading the speakers and adding a small mono amp and sub in the spare tire well without messing with the head unit.
I really doubt speakers are different sizes or quality, but I don't have a Tech pack. You can easily do what you plan, upgrade door and parcel shelf speakers, and maybe install a small sub in the tire well, driven by the high level outputs of the rear speakers. But you would need a 2+1 channel output amp in that case, as you need to take inputs from rear speakers, and if amp is mono, nothing to drive them anymore. Which is fine I suppose, but you loose all feedback from the rear, in exchange for good bass.

Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
so pisses me off they didn't include the shaker pro with sub in this car, its like an afterthought. At least make it an option for us or even a dealer retro fit. I have to explore this in the coming days on what i want to do as for an audio upgrade

Crashspeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 - Tech
Do you guys have a particular speaker you're looking at for the rear? I don't see any 6.5" infinity kappas with a 4Ohm impedance.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Use Crutchfield.

Amazon is primarily for people who shop driven by price only. Thus quality brands are filtered from Amazon. (IE:Amazon favors people who are worried about a few dollars like a Discount Store). The reason to do this, isn't to save money, but your ears. Look at all options.

Replacing all your speakers with quality speakers, make a big difference. Key element is understand it is called an audio SYSTEM. So you change all speakers to quality ones, using proper specs. The harmonics & fidelity will improve.

Replace speakers with exact config, using quality materials. Done & Done.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Use Crutchfield.

Amazon is primarily for people who shop driven by price only. Thus quality brands are filtered from Amazon. (IE:Amazon favors people who are worried about a few dollars like a Discount Store). The reason to do this, isn't to save money, but your ears. Look at all options.

Replacing all your speakers with quality speakers, make a big difference. Key element is understand it is called an audio SYSTEM. So you change all speakers to quality ones, using proper specs. The harmonics & fidelity will improve.

Replace speakers with exact config, using quality materials. Done & Done.
Damn it, I though Harman Kardon is a leader in audio and a good brand name. You learn something every day.

If you want to pay more, go ahead, here is Crutchfield :)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R6...nce-REF-6522ix.html?search=REF6522IX&skipvs=T
Sponsored