• Total voters

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Gunmetal or gloss black.

IMO:

The wheels can't match the paint, but not the sheen.

Since your car is (gloss) black exterior, putting semi-gloss black wheels looks odd on it.... like a mismatch. If your car was any other color you could do the semi-gloss black.

Which means your color needs to be different if you're going semi-gloss. And Gunmetal is definitely the better choice over bronze. Don't put some crazy shit like bronze or gold wheels on your car. While you may like it. You'll have real trouble selling your car or wheels down the road.

Or you could do gloss black wheels and have the wheels match the paint. (color & sheen)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
True but i feel like gloss black wheels blend in to well on a gloss black car. Takes away from the wheel. At least with semi gloss adds some contrast to the wheel

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
True but i feel like gloss black wheels blend in to well on a gloss black car. Takes away from the wheel. At least with semi gloss adds some contrast to the wheel
So if you want contrast... get the gunmetal.

Its close but different enough that it doesn't look like you were trying to match black on black, but messed up with a cheap can of plastidip.

That's generally what I think of when I see flat or semigloss black wheels..... CHEAP... plasti-dip.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
IMO, black/gunmetal is played out and looks like so many other cars on the road these days, so my choice is bronze. I think it draws just the right amount of attention to the car.

And I'm jealous because I have a competition orange GT; pretty much the only color I can go with is black. :(

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I have a Black 2016 GTPP, I chose "Satin Graphite" M600s... might as well be gunmetal. I think it's a good look for our cars.... Gives a good contrast, but still subtle.