Sponsored

Are we getting a GT500 or Not

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
LOL. You know you're succeeding at outrageous performance when a bunch of pansies call for your car to be banned.
That's actually happening now with the "demon."
Gongrats to dodge. They've built a car so good its scary.
Who is calling for the Demon to be banned? And to be banned from what?
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The question is why would something not be coming? Right now Ford has not FI performance Mustang.

LOL. You know you're succeeding at outrageous performance when a bunch of pansies call for your car to be banned.
I believe its only a rule per the racing association that under a certain 1/4 time you must run with a cage which the Demon doesnt come with.

Agreed.

It's not PC. AND THATS WHY ITS GREAT.

All the feminized PC stuff is played out. The general public is tired of that.

The Mustang is Americas enthusiast car. And the one that started the craze.

We already have the eco 4. The alpha dog needs to come equipped to conquer.
And the Mustang is the #1 global sports car and Ford is laughing all the way to the bank. Dodge, well...... They need all the attention they can get.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The question is why would something not be coming? Right now Ford has not FI performance Mustang.

I believe its only a rule per the racing association that under a certain 1/4 time you must run with a cage which the Demon doesnt come with.

And the Mustang is the #1 global sports car and Ford is laughing all the way to the bank. Dodge, well...... They need all the attention they can get.
No.

That's old news. It was news yesterday that some idiot lobbyists were proclaiming the demon unsafe for the street. It's ridiculous.

And if they need attention, they're getting it the right way - build a bad boy car that's so bad it can't be ignored.

That said, the GT500 replacement should totally aim to outperform the demon. But it can do so without all the sacrifices and clunky power maximization.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No.

That's old news. It was news yesterday that some idiot lobbyists were proclaiming the demon unsafe for the street. It's ridiculous.

And if they need attention, they're getting it the right way - build a bad boy car that's so bad it can't be ignored.

That said, the GT500 replacement should totally aim to outperform the demon. But it can do so without all the sacrifices and clunky power maximization.
Ill correct:

"It was news yesterday that some idiot lobbyists were proclaiming the demon unsafe for the street for idiots who don't know how to handle it"

Unfortunately that is many owners of those types of cars (Hellcat, GT500 a few years ago, all high hp cars) they have never owned anything near that powerful and have no idea how to handle it on the street or when wet etc.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ill correct:

"It was news yesterday that some idiot lobbyists were proclaiming the demon unsafe for the street for idiots who don't know how to handle it"

Unfortunately that is many owners of those types of cars (Hellcat, GT500 a few years ago, all high hp cars) they have never owned anything near that powerful and have no idea how to handle it on the street or when wet etc.
There is unfortunately a point there.

I believe that rather than banning awesomeness from the roads, perhaps a required driving course should be in order for vehicles beyond a certain performance threshold.

But those lobbyists weren't lobbying for idiots to not drive the car. They were quite literally lobbying to have the car banned from sale.

Very bad move.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Take my money!
No kidding, that thing would be killer! Look several pages back, a friend hinted to us that it may be coming. I think he's not lying to us...
Now...how in the heck to get an allocation. Haha . Jumping the gun a little...but would be sweet!!!!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is unfortunately a point there.

I believe that rather than banning awesomeness from the roads, perhaps a required driving course should be in order for vehicles beyond a certain performance threshold.

But those lobbyists weren't lobbying for idiots to not drive the car. They were quite literally lobbying to have the car banned from sale.

Very bad move.
IMO the most annoying cars on the roads are small SUVs and mini-vans. Those are the vehicles that should be banned.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Whispers in the back office of ford performance for the detuned version of the ford's fr9 nascar engine which makes 750 hp n/a and revs to 9000 rpm...for the gt500.

https://roushyates.com/engines/ford-fr9-efi/

I don't see Ford going back to push rods for production cars. Making those motors comply with emmission and make that much power per cubic inch is probably hard. GM mentioned difficulties getting less power than that N/A and meeting emmissions. And they also have a NASCAR motor to study. Now I do believe Ford is capable​ of doing things​ GM can't or won't but the fr9 seems unlikely.

The 6.2 already has the potential and the new 7.0 is probably superior in everyway to the 6.2. So if Ford does go the N/A route I don't see the need to grab parts from NASCAR.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm gonna trust the hints top notch was throwing out there about the boss. 7l of fun would be freaking awesome. I'll find a way to pick up that allocation!
Sponsored