Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Bummer, I thought they would be lighter and around 20lbs like the GA1R/GS1rs. Still light though and they look great.
Unfortunately no the design does not allow that to occur due the face where the majority of the mass is, however you still loose about 7 lbs of weight compared to factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Good morning guys,

so I have had some members message me about the weight of the VX1R Wheel and I want to open a public discussion on the thread about the wheel.

Anyone that has a question feel free to ask here and I will do my absolute best to answer it for you guys. For sanity sake we will compare to the GA1R Open lug and the GS1R Wheels if we may.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this was my doing (arrogant much?), and I know Paul would share the numbers to anyone that asked, but I nudged in the direction of open posting the numbers. Facts are facts.

Just as another guy with an opinion on the VX1R ... I took a look at the HRE R101, and there was a thread up gauging interest in the R101 lightweight too. I found both to look very similar, and great. I couldn't find accurate numbers on the weight of those either, and the R101 lightweight wasn't looking likely. In the end, Forgeline's reputation and the design of the wheel were good, and Paul had a good offer. It might have been nice to save a little more weight, but I couldn't find enough information to choose anything else unless I picked a known forged wheel fitment. Being interested mostly in track days and HPDE, competition isn't required for me.

As if it needs to be said, Paul is a great guy to deal with. He was familiar with the GT350 fitment, responded to every question, filled me in on the status of the order, and even held it while I was travelling. Responded in a timely to each and every question. Couldn't be more highly recommended.

No doubt Paul can represent Forgeline's products better than I can, though.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As I understand it, the 350 had a pretty big pad to achieve it's offset - this increases the weight a bit. Most estimates of an off-the-shelf wheel are potentially lighter than the wheel you receive in the correct fitment.

IMO - when you get in the low 20s for wheel weights... +/- a pound or so isn't worth worrying about unless it's a dedicated track car...and even then... I wouldn't compromise on a wheel design that I liked if it was a pound heavier than another version that I didn't like as much.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate it brotha and the setup came out amazing Matt.

No this is more of a open discussion to compare concerns and address them for weights as for instance the GA1R OL is lighter and the VX1R should be the same however based on the wheel design I can see where the VX1R would be a heavier compared to the massive weight reduction on the fave done on the GA1R OL, as well as spoke design as well.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I to was one of the ones that PMd Paul about the weight as well.

Here is a thread from Rennlist about regular VX1s and the 19X12 comes in at 22.5 pounds. I can't imagine a 19X11 VX1R even with a heavy backpad coming in heavier than the regular 19X12 VX1. I am not an expert though, but I am confused and trying to figure out the discrepancy as well.

FWIW and most importantly, I'm not saying anybody has done anything wrong, I'm just truly trying to get to why there is such a big discrepancy for myself and the community at large.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/912222-forgeline-vx1-and-mpsc2-weights-inside.html

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
As I understand it, the 350 had a pretty big pad to achieve it's offset - this increases the weight a bit. Most estimates of an off-the-shelf wheel are potentially lighter than the wheel you receive in the correct fitment.

IMO - when you get in the low 20s for wheel weights... +/- a pound or so isn't worth worrying about unless it's a dedicated track car...and even then... I wouldn't compromise on a wheel design that I liked if it was a pound heavier than another version that I didn't like as much.
A pound doesn't bother me, but when a wheel set this expensive is off by three pounds or so it does bother me.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I just heard back from Forgeline and Paul is 100% correct as to the weight and the reason why. The fronts for an R spec 19X11 on a GT350 are 23.5 pounds. I guess the front pad for the offset really does add that much material. Because the rear 19X11.5 are 22 pounds, which seems completely counter intuitive, but that is how it is.

Sorry Paul for wasting some of our time this morning and questioning your weight. But, I do appreciate your responses and being opening up this discussion about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I just heard back from Forgeline and Paul is 100% correct as to the weight and the reason why. The fronts for an R spec 19X11 on a GT350 are 23.5 pounds. I guess the front pad for the offset really does add that much material. Because the rear 19X11.5 are 22 pounds, which seems completely counter intuitive, but that is how it is.

Sorry Paul for wasting some of our time this morning and questioning your weight. But, I do appreciate your responses and being opening up this discussion about it.
No need to apologies these type of questions have to be presented, im just glad I was trusted to be involved in the discussion.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.