Sponsored

Trunk Mounted Ice/Dedicated Tanks - Speak Up!

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Who is running trunk tanks for their blowers, which one you using, and how did you run your coolant lines?

How loud is the Rule 2000 pump when its running?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I am considering this one, little pricier but sits below the actual trunk level so the stock carpet cover can be retained.

I figure with the upgraded heat exchanger from Whipple (non fan larger version) and this tank, even with no ice, I should really have no cooling or heat soak issues.

http://www.tigvision.com/product-p/tv9502.htm

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
curious about ice tanks. i havent seen too many with it.. didnt think was needed.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
curious about ice tanks. i havent seen too many with it.. didnt think was needed.
To be clear these are ice tanks, but some have used them as their permanent storage tank and run them as their dedicated pump and tank, nothing under the hood except the heat exchanger.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Who is running trunk tanks for their blowers, which one you using, and how did you run your coolant lines?

How loud is the Rule 2000 pump when its running?
I am considering this one, little pricier but sits below the actual trunk level so the stock carpet cover can be retained.

I figure with the upgraded heat exchanger from Whipple (non fan larger version) and this tank, even with no ice, I should really have no cooling or heat soak issues.

http://www.tigvision.com/product-p/tv9502.htm
I have the PNR Welding 7 gallon tank with a Rule 1000 pump. You can't even hear it run. I'm switching the pump out in mine, the rule is a POS. I have a Stewart/EMP external pump that is going in soon...

Sponsored

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I have the PNR Welding 7 gallon tank with a Rule 1000 pump. You can't even hear it run. I'm switching the pump out in mine, the rule is a POS. I have a Stewart/EMP external pump that is going in soon...
Good info, seems like they all come with the Rule 2000, guessing its not much better than the 1000?

Do you know what your intake temps look like? Any noticeable difference with the tank?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Stupid question but would it be a bad idea to use the pump that comes with the Whipple kit, and just mount it near the tank in the trunk?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Good info, seems like they all come with the Rule 2000, guessing its not much better than the 1000?

Do you know what your intake temps look like? Any noticeable difference with the tank?
I run about 20 degrees over ambient with straight water in the tank iirc. That is when that Rule Pump decides to work.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I run about 20 degrees over ambient with straight water in the tank iirc. That is when that Rule Pump decides to work.
Surprised, would have thought closer to ambient.

How are you measuring your intake temps? Regular IAT in your car or scanner will still be at the intake tube, not post blower. Or do you have the vmp kit to move the IAT sensor to the manifold post intercooler?

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Surprised, would have thought closer to ambient.

How are you measuring your intake temps? Regular IAT in your car or scanner will still be at the intake tube, not post blower. Or do you have the vmp kit to move the IAT sensor to the manifold post intercooler?
I have the VMP Harness. I was just guessing, it probably is closer to ambient. I haven't looked at it since I got the car back. I've been busing trying to chase down the vibration I have had with the car since it came off the dyno. Finally figured out what that was...

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stupid question but would it be a bad idea to use the pump that comes with the Whipple kit, and just mount it near the tank in the trunk?
That pump will be too small can't move enough volume for that size tank, I have had great success with Jabsco & Meziere pumps.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
This is what is replacing the Rule pump...

www.summitracing.com/parts/emp-e2512a/overview/
Hope you have the upgraded intercooler from Whipple, the stocker stage 2 with fans might not handle the flow rate of that pump, you'll just be creating a lot of head pressure with no flow increase. If you have the standard stage 2 HX, you might want to consider what I am thinking, which is to use a stock style pump like the whipple or grab a lingenfelter CTSV/ZR1 style pump.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
That pump will be too small can't move enough volume for that size tank, I have had great success with Jabsco & Meziere pumps.
Always a common debate of flow rate versus time spent in the heat exchanger. I think my upgraded whipple exchanger (no fans) using the stock pump flow rate would do just fine, I don't think the system is in need of a higher flow rate, just needs a larger reserve of cooler water.
Sponsored