Sponsored

Opinions needed...

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sooo...I have a PP car, 15k on the clock and the front pads are about half worn and the rotors are getting some micro cracks in them. I'm not worried for the rest of this year but next spring I would like to replace them.

Here is my dilemma. I absolutely love the stock brakes, I haven't gone to the road course yet but I would like to once or twice a year. I work at a Ford dealership and can get the true OEM pads and rotors (not motorcraft replacement) for $445. Now I also wouldn't mind lighter stuff and looked at the Baer 2 piece but that would be $1000 just for the rotors plus pads.

Opinions?
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
id go with the cheaper unless you feel you want or need increase stopping power.

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Fellow GT PP owner here in a similar situation. I too would recommend going with the OEM stuff as it's already pretty good and should definitely be sufficient for 1-2 track days per year.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How often are you going to notice a few lbs difference in rotor weight? The stock rotors work really well for stopping the car and absorbing heat, they're just a little heavy.

Unless you're a real hot-shoe at the track and/or running grippy tires with < 200 TW rating, the stock PP pads should be ok, just bleed the brake fluid before and after and you'll probably be fine. If the track you intend to run is known to be hard on brakes, then that would be good to know beforehand.

OP
OP

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I run 240 TW tires on the street, for the drag strip I have a drag pack. The rotor weight might not mean a lot but it will work well with the other weight reduction I have. Its just a tough call for me as I try to make this car as light as I can while maintaining as much creature comforts as possible. Just not sure it worth the $700 upgrade.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I have two track days on my PP brakes and still lots of pad/rotor. Tires gave up first. 17k on the clock.
Sponsored