Sponsored

Aluminator and hellion tt, long story

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Well after problems and more problems I believe I finally have the car running as it should. When I bought the aluminator I was talking with John at hellion, and after talking about my goals he said I'd most likely need valve springs. So not wanting to get on the dyno and have issues once I turned it up I had the livernois springs installed (at the recommendation of my tuner).

So while trying to get tuned had multiple issues. Would get random misfires at higher rpms (flashing check engine light). Power would drop off significantly after 6100 rpms and this was at low boost (10.5 lbs). After going thru everything tuners only advice was had a mechanical issue and To start looking at sensors/electrical. Now I had the same flashing check engine light with the old motor and setup and tuner tuned around it by disabling the misfire detection. This time around he was adamant about there being an issue with the car. I explained it's a new motor and besides the engine harness and ecm everything was new.

Also asked him about the power drop off on the dyno if he thought could be a valve spring issue and he said looked like it was just rich. Now we are talking 50-75 rwhp dropoff at 6100 rpm. That's huge if you ask me but what do I know right?

So at this point I figure I'd try a different tuner. Tuning went better and had no more misfire issues. Huh. After putting it on the dyno with the new tuner the same issue with power dropping off at 6100 rpm reared its ugly head. After telling him the springs I put in he immediately told me he thought that was the issue. Are you kidding me......... I put these springs in so I didn't have this problem.

So at the recommendation of new tuner and talking with Tim from mpr I bit the bullet and had the new Manley springs installed. Make first pull and pull is flat as could be at top. Had couple minor snafu's but the power dropping off was definatley resolved. Finished up the remote session and the following is where I stopped. Figuring I'm not gonna push my luck anymore.

Let me add this........ KEN BJONNES is the man. He is the new tuner and everything I've heard about him being the shit is spot on. I could not be happier with the switch to KEN BJONNES.

Now for the numbers............

[/URL][/IMG]
Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Very nice, congrats! How much boost?

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Glad to see you getting your money's worth. Always a good idea to go to the best in the business for advice/service/parts.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Very nice, Ken is good!

Sponsored

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Hell ya !!! I just got mine up and running sunday !! I had a dumb failure .......... Hopefully im gonna hit the dyno in a week or so. Hopeing to make around 650-675!

Glad u got that sorted out, sometimes things stare us in the face and you think "impossible there new" but then it is wrong or bad. :cheers:

Let me know the next time you hit the track ! :headbang:

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Hell ya !!! I just got mine up and running sunday !! I had a dumb failure .......... Hopefully im gonna hit the dyno in a week or so. Hopeing to make around 650-675!

Glad u got that sorted out, sometimes things stare us in the face and you think "impossible there new" but then it is wrong or bad. :cheers:

Let me know the next time you hit the track ! :headbang:

Oh I suspected right away what the problem was but it wasn't like it was an easy fix. At what I spent now I could've had a sleeved block.

There's a streetcar shootout I'm going to try and make a week from sat at Byron. If I can't go it'll definately be the week after.

We went sat but there was a fatality at the track. A real Tradegy. Guy made a nine sec pass and as he went threw the traps something went wrong, he hit the wall and rolled. Was thrown from the vehicle and died on the spot. I feel for the family and friends that were there. Was a wake up call that shit can happen. My next mod will definatly be a cage and five point harness.

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
:( damn....

Well u got my number , shoot a text when ur going.

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I hit US41 Motorplex in Morocco all the time and it's not far from Crete / South Suburbs if you guys ever want some friendly heads up competition :ford:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Oh I suspected right away what the problem was but it wasn't like it was an easy fix. At what I spent now I could've had a sleeved block.

There's a streetcar shootout I'm going to try and make a week from sat at Byron. If I can't go it'll definately be the week after.

We went sat but there was a fatality at the track. A real Tradegy. Guy made a nine sec pass and as he went threw the traps something went wrong, he hit the wall and rolled. Was thrown from the vehicle and died on the spot. I feel for the family and friends that were there. Was a wake up call that shit can happen. My next mod will definatly be a cage and five point harness.
Oh man !
That's scary .Another reason I may not be racing my cars again whenever I get them back together.
Just put my Hellion car back together.....runs great when cold.... and then starts losing oil pressure as soon as it gets warm .
Brand new sleeved block and polished some minor scoring off the GT 350 head cam journals.
Installer initially said it could be clearance issues with cams or crank .
MMR says to check oil pump pick up tube clearance which can be reduced since block has main studs .
Not sure if it can be checked with motor in car but hope so.
If that's not the issue motor has to come out and tore down again .
I need some luck !!!

Sponsored

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I hit US41 Motorplex in Morocco all the time and it's not far from Crete / South Suburbs if you guys ever want some friendly heads up competition :ford:
Im in, pm me ill give u my cell number. I know a guy tim who was involved with that track a bit, i think he may still be. I havnt been that way in a while. They were affiliated with monster performance witch is in my town. Kevin is real nice guy and hooks me up. :ford:

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Im in, pm me ill give u my cell number. I know a guy tim who was involved with that track a bit, i think he may still be. I havnt been that way in a while. They were affiliated with monster performance witch is in my town. Kevin is real nice guy and hooks me up. :ford:

Tim Ringer is one of the owners but he's not affiliated with Monster performance (he has a different shop - cant think of the name). They've made a lot of improvements to the track over the last couple of years and its a great place to go and make some test hits and have some fun with good prep and a great schedule with lots of TnT and various events:

http://us41motorplex.com/schedule/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Glad to see things are working out Dennis. That car is a beast!
Sponsored