machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So basically Turbo FI or large NA?
Large NA for the win! I'll let those fellas take the 808 SC car all they want, I'll take the 650 to 700 HP NA. I'll send them a check tomorrow...

Our friend topnotch explained the potential for a 429...i even have this pic that was provided.
attachment-8.jpg
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Were there ADMs on the last model GT500?
I could order a 13/14 from any around me (5) without ADM, but that was a 14 MY in 2013.
It was said that if this large NA shows up it will be very limited maybe around 1200 a year, will be tough to get one without adm:( - if it happens.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I hate reading between the lines as much as anyone but to me based on your friends estimation of your ecstatic response a large displacement NA is on the way in one shape or form.
I honestly don't know what to expect... the friend that gave me this info knows I prefer NA cars, and turbo over SC when FI is in question. So, as I see it, we have four potential offerings:

1) V8 w/ SC FI,
2) V8 w/ turbo FI,
3) V8 NA larger-displacement,
4) V6 TT.

I am sure something of the above sort will be the next GT500...

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
I would not be surprised if we get a sc 5.2 fpc tuned for high hp (750+) and then a Mach one or some other trim level with a tuned Raptor motor in it to bridge the gap. Honestly, I am tempted to but a truck and keep my gt500, then just go nuts with it and paint it AG. I love that color with black stripes....

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Not a bad looking car. Maybe I'm expecting to much but that is kinda blah to me? Curious what you guys think. Hopping for something with a bit more WOW factor! Maybe it's not in the cards as it will be limited by the platform?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Not a bad looking car. Maybe I'm expecting to much but that is kinda blah to me? Curious what you guys think. Hopping for something with a bit more WOW factor! Maybe it's not in the cards as it will be limited by the platform?
I was kinda hoping the same, I think at this point it'll look similar to the 350 with a different hood. I'm sure the interior will be identical.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
If that ends up being the case I may have to lean towards the ME Corvette? We really want know till we see the real deal on both. There is great potential for both if they don't hold back design wise!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
was expecting a little more difference to set it apart. not that the 350 aint gorgeous, but still

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
No doubt the 350 is pretty. Want the GT500 to be more beefy/aggressive (i.e. wider tires rear fenders)! I guess they hardly ever exceed what we see in or heads. The SA wide body is pretty damn awesome however! So it can be done.

If the new Vette looks anything like this it may be hard to pass on!
IMG_0821.JPG

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
As bad as the vette just loves to oversteer now... I can't imagine all of that low end tq and the engine being placed in the rear. In cars like Ferrari, the Torque doesn't really come on until almost 4K rpm's, and in something like the current 488, that is about 330 wheel tq.. I can't imagine what something making that amount of torque pretty much after 2k rpms would feel like to drive with the nannies off..

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
2019 Shelby Mustang GT500/R

We are all going to see just how serious Ford is about being Top Dog, Numero Uno, # 1 when it comes to the 2019 Shelby Mustang GT500/R and clamming to be King of the Muscle Car War.
Ford will NOT get a second chance on this one. If the 2019 looks as boring and how hum as the GT350 then we know once and for all that FORD is all Talk and No Show. I'm talking LOOKS and Performance. FORD knows how to make a Mustang perform and 850 + HP is the obvious target. What we haven't seen from FORD is a Shelby Mustang that looks as good, as mean and as nasty as it can perform on the race track. Example, compare the looks of a basic Porsche to a GT3/RS. The current Shelby GT350/R is strictly a Ho Mum looking car from the side and from the front.
Does FORD have what it takes . . . we're ALL going to find out together !!!
:doh::shocked:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We are all going to see just how serious Ford is about being Top Dog, Numero Uno, # 1 when it comes to the 2019 Shelby Mustang GT500/R and clamming to be King of the Muscle Car War.
Ford will NOT get a second chance on this one. If the 2019 looks as boring and how hum as the GT350 then we know once and for all that FORD is all Talk and No Show. I'm talking LOOKS and Performance. FORD knows how to make a Mustang perform and 850 + HP is the obvious target. What we haven't seen from FORD is a Shelby Mustang that looks as good, as mean and as nasty as it can perform on the race track. Example, compare the looks of a basic Porsche to a GT3/RS. The current Shelby GT350/R is strictly a Ho Mum looking car from the side and from the front.
Does FORD have what it takes . . . we're ALL going to find out together !!!
:doh::shocked:
:confused::shrug:

www.lenscrafters.com