joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Well got my mgp caliper covers from ebay... They really bring the stock rims out...
20170616_183851_HDR (800x582).jpg
20170616_183902_HDR (800x534).jpg
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well got my mgp caliper covers from ebay... They really bring the stock rims out...
Stands out well for sure. I have the red G2 paint and trying to get time to do it. Red calipers on a white car look great. :thumbsup:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Derek

They really look great! How much and who did you buy them from on EBay?

I really need to consider them.

Thanks

CVCAshmere

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Derek

They really look great! How much and who did you buy them from on EBay?

I really need to consider them.

Thanks

CVCAshmere
I didn't buy covers. I have epoxy paint. Just haven't gotten the time to do the job yet.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
They look awesome! So awesome I started shopping for a set but got sticker shocked that they are $200. Ouch!

Sponsored

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
They really do pop. I would highly recommend getting 5mm spacers for the front, they still rubbed on the inside of my wheels and I have 20" premium wheels. The rears scratched too, but not from the wheels not being far out enough, but from the caliper cover tips too close to the inner hub wall (polished it down just a bit). I'm still wearing the covers with no spacers in the front and when I go down canyon roads on Sunday I used to hear scratching quite a bit, now not so much, I guess it scratched off the 1-2mm that were coming into contact with the rim.:frusty: You can't really see the damage of the fronts cause it is covered by the spokes pretty well.

Was it worth the $200 new from AM? YES!!!!

(cheaper and easier than custom painting brakes):headbang:
IMG_0537.JPG
MGP Caliper Covers.jpg

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Honestly, for $200 I would expect them to work perfectly with factory wheels without any scratching noises.

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
They should be perfect, but who here has gone without a single hiccup modding their cars? The covers do move a bit more than I would like, the metal clips on top and bottom aren't really snug. There is no risk of them falling or being torn off by the rim, but they could be more precise. If you want the perfect look and peace of mind, powder coat your calipers.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well I was gonna paint my covers (I even have the paint). But I just got this wicked deal on Kijiji. These covers were never installed and I got them for $150 Canadian. :cheers:

And if I don't like them, I can paint my calipers and sell these covers. Win!! Win!!:D

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
They really do pop. I would highly recommend getting 5mm spacers for the front, they still rubbed on the inside of my wheels and I have 20" premium wheels. The rears scratched too, but not from the wheels not being far out enough, but from the caliper cover tips too close to the inner hub wall (polished it down just a bit). I'm still wearing the covers with no spacers in the front and when I go down canyon roads on Sunday I used to hear scratching quite a bit, now not so much, I guess it scratched off the 1-2mm that were coming into contact with the rim.:frusty: You can't really see the damage of the fronts cause it is covered by the spokes pretty well.

Was it worth the $200 new from AM? YES!!!!

(cheaper and easier than custom painting brakes):headbang:
Looking good.:thumbsup: Too bad the Mustang logo wasn't curved to the shape of the caliper :shrug:

Sponsored

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
Good point, that would have been better!!

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
A lot of people hate these things but I love them. Easy install. I've done all the work on my stand myself but painting stuff is such a pain. They also complained that it will trap heat and make the brakes worse. I drive my car to work and park it in my garage so no big deal. Also in Phoenix and it's 118 so heat is everywhere. Best get is always try and find someone selling theirs. Got mine half off.

C6C1C666-57E5-4DFE-9C34-15DE41013463_zps7uwl4fnd.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
If I didn't know what they were, they would be okay, because I would have no idea they were covers, at a distance.. But since I know what they are, I can't take anyone with them seriously. Even at car shows I find myself being a snob to people with them. That makes me a bad guy, but I have lots of issues.. LOL.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
what color do you guys think would look good on an ingot silver vert

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
If I didn't know what they were, they would be okay, because I would have no idea they were covers, at a distance.. But since I know what they are, I can't take anyone with them seriously. Even at car shows I find myself being a snob to people with them. That makes me a bad guy, but I have lots of issues.. LOL.
I didn't think I liked them either. But my buddy bought and installed a set, after I bought caliper paint.:frusty: And you are correct (sort of) they look good from both a distance but also close up. 99.99% would never know it's a cover and even if they did, it wouldn't matter. :shrug:

It's only you "snobs" and "bad guys" that don't like the close up look of a painted aluminum cover. :lol::lol:
Sponsored