D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Before advertising, I'm going to post here. If anyone is interested in doing this mod and wants to pick up everything in one place at one time send me a PM and I'll tell you what I have. I'm took mine off because my wife informed me the Mustang is going back at the end of the lease, a reversal of her previous stand. A lot of you married guys will understand I'm sure. Nuts, bolts, adapters, throttle body, CAI everything you'll need.
Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I found a 3.5" - 3.75" coupler from siliconeintakes.com. Going to give it shot. Will report back when complete
I posted back a couple weeks ago that I tried a 4" to 3.5" coupler from the airbox to the intake pipe I used. The 4" end was too big for stock air box. I can confirm the 3.5" - 3.75" worked perfectly.

Overall I'm very happy with the upgrade. I kind of got screwed by the machine shop I use because they didn't have the necessary tool to extend the holes so I had to pay for that too. Ended up being $100. If you go that route check with the machine shop first to make sure they can do it. If not, I guess just buy the adapter. I'm in this for about $200 and would say its worth it.

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Well I found a Coyote TB on ebay for $57 shipped..
Ordered the shapeways adapter... should have all the parts by the 20th of July... Will let you know how it turns out...
Thank you for the info on doing this change so I will have a total of less that $125 to swap to an 80mm tb... Sure beats $500 for the bbk..
Joe

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
also why not use tapered bolt heads instead of the Philips screw heads..
Just thinking out loud..
thanks again

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I found a Coyote TB on ebay for $57 shipped..
Ordered the shapeways adapter... should have all the parts by the 20th of July... Will let you know how it turns out...
Thank you for the info on doing this change so I will have a total of less that $125 to swap to an 80mm tb... Sure beats $500 for the bbk..
Joe
What are you using to connect the airbox to the throttle body? Did you pick up a new pipe?

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I just took my GT throttle body off after a 10,000 mile road trip and there is a black soot forming on the top of the throttle body. Also a little oil coming from the drivers side PCV hose. Any ideas?

***I took the throttle body off to change out the plastic Shapeways spacer for the steel one***

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
It might be the type of gas you are using..? Do you mind telling me where you are getting the steel spacer from

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just took my GT throttle body off after a 10,000 mile road trip and there is a black soot forming on the top of the throttle body. Also a little oil coming from the drivers side PCV hose. Any ideas?

***I took the throttle body off to change out the plastic Shapeways spacer for the steel one***
That's how my stock one looked before I took it off. Pretty typical I believe

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I have the roush cai kit on my car I am going to get a silicone adapter hose to mate the tb to the roush system/

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
You will get the oil residue on your tb just have to use tb cleaner to clean it...

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
It might be the type of gas you are using..? Do you mind telling me where you are getting the steel spacer from
Shell 87 octane

and I got it from Shapeways....DO NOT BUY THE STEEL SPACER IT WILL NOT FIT...they have a tolerance of +-5%, this is what someone at shapeways told me before they refunded me.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So after having all the parts sit for months I am starting to put everything together but I noticed the head of the m6x1.0 20mm bolts I got were too big to fit in the recessed space in the spacer. I checked my local homedepot and Lowes but they didn't have bolts with smaller heads. Does anyone have an online store that sells the bolts with the proper head size?
Sponsored