Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Anyone know of any other shifters available? I would prob be in on this mod if the shifter didn't look like it was taken from an arcade game. Love the idea and the work put in to make it work tho.
Once installed I personally don't feel like it looks like an arcade joystick. Part of the choice to use this one was that it could fit where I want it and it is super solid when mounted as it relies on the center console shell and has enough of a flat area in that spot to secure it properly.

I've only used the SRS of course, but can confirm it has a pretty firm resistance to it and you would not accidentally knock it by brushing up against it. The throw is pretty short and the switch is rated at 10,000,000 cycles which is likely higher than any switch used in the vehicle from the factory.

I also like that it's a bit short so it stays out of the way a little easier when taking a drink out of the cupholder or using the actual auto shifter, touch screen etc.

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
I owe all the thanks in the world to [MENTION=16528]Dspec_S550[/MENTION] for sending me the wiring diagrams and suggesting the SRS Sequential Shifter to install to accomplish this!

This mod allows you to use an actual shift knob in the way a sequential shifter setup works, with your right hand rather than on the wheel if you choose. See it in action below.

https://goo.gl/photos/TByacEwgnR64x3Lu6

Hi Warhead,

I like your install and am trying to do something similar. Just trying to get a little more info as to where you had to make the wiring connections. I have a 2018 and am hoping it will be the same. Where did you have to get to to make your connection, connector under the dash or up in the column. Thanks for any assistance.

Ken

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I am asking the wrong question, not sure how the wiring is run from the paddles. I am trying to find the best place to intercept the wiring without going in and taking everything apart. Is there a connector or part of the harness that is easy to get to?

Thanks,

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Maybe I am asking the wrong question, not sure how the wiring is run from the paddles. I am trying to find the best place to intercept the wiring without going in and taking everything apart. Is there a connector or part of the harness that is easy to get to?

Thanks,
Did you ever figure this out? I want to use the paddle shifters for transbrake and bump box.

Sponsored

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever figure this out? I want to use the paddle shifters for transbrake and bump box.
Still working on it, bought the wiring manual and have found the connections, but a hard time finding the shifter device. What was in the post is no longer available.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Still working on it, bought the wiring manual and have found the connections, but a hard time finding the shifter device. What was in the post is no longer available.
Can you dumb down the wiring for me? Is there a wire that I can tap into to get a 12 volt signal when a paddle is pressed in?

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Can you dumb down the wiring for me? Is there a wire that I can tap into to get a 12 volt signal when a paddle is pressed in?

I will have to go back through the manual to find it there are 3 wires identified in the connector. The voltage would be whatever the system uses, I would not assume it to be 12 volts. You really need momentary dry contacts for the signal.

I will look as soon as I get a chance

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Here is some wiring info for the paddle shifters. Shows the wiring, connector location and wiring identification in the connector. Hope this helps you.
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg

Sponsored

Frizbey87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
FBO 2020 Mustang GT Premium
I owe all the thanks in the world to [MENTION=16528]Dspec_S550[/MENTION] for sending me the wiring diagrams and suggesting the SRS Sequential Shifter to install to accomplish this!

This mod allows you to use an actual shift knob in the way a sequential shifter setup works, with your right hand rather than on the wheel if you choose. See it in action below.

https://goo.gl/photos/TByacEwgnR64x3Lu6

We removed the center console cover and installed the SRS using pieces (not all) of the optional mounting kit to spread out the surface area rather than 4 bolts only. We had to drill out 2 holes to allow the lock nuts at the top of the shifter to sit flush, for a flush mount.

The wiring (6ft included, perfect length) was easily run back down the console and up to the steering wheel where we tied into the paddle shifter wiring (the paddles still work, also).

The items I purchased are:

http://www.hppsimulation.com/home/33-srs-sequential-shifter.html

http://www.hppsimulation.com/home/34-srs-seq-shifter-mounting-kit.html
2015-srs-shifter.jpg
2015-srs-install1.jpg
2015-srs-install2.jpg
2015-srs-install3.jpg
My guy could you possibly send me the wiring diagram to do this, I have to do this lol thanks in advance

Frizbey87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Here is some wiring info for the paddle shifters. Shows the wiring, connector location and wiring identification in the connector. Hope this helps you.
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg
Nevermind here they are, thanks bro you’re the 1st person I’ve seen do this and it’s friggin AWESOME!

Frizbey87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
That is great. Thanks for the help.
Hey bro did you get this done? I’m just wondering where I can tap into the wires at? Does it have to be before the clock springs, like from the paddles to the clock springs or am I able to tie in at an easier location?

Frizbey87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
My guy could you possibly send me the wiring diagram to do this, I have to do this lol thanks in advance
Hey boss where exactly did you tie into the paddle shifters, did you have to in between the clock springs and the paddle shifters, or could you tie in further down the line? I mean could you tie in at the pcm? Or on the way to the tranny? Which would be easiest I’m just kind of brainstorming? Thank bro