Sponsored

Japanese Wheels - do they fit our Mustangs?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Its a bit of a rhetorical question as I know many have fitted Rays wheels to their Mustangs.

I am looking at some SSR wheels which are 5x114.5 and wondered if we need a special make of wheel to account for the large 14mm wheel studs?

Can anyone who has put japanese wheels on their mustang clarify whether you needed mustang specific fitment?

Thanks
Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No mustang specific fitment, some of the newer design wheels from Japanese manufactures especially 19" and 20" already have a larger diameter hole for the lugs to fit their larger sedans and newer sportscars. Mainly I've seen this from Rays but not sure about SSR. My gramlights had 14mm lug holes from the factory but my current work emotions had 12mm so i drilled them out with a 9/16th bit to widen the holes slightly. Just drill from the back and the hole thats there will keep it centered just take your time. I've done 2 sets of wheels without any issued at all. Good luck just have to order right width and offset ;^)

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Its a bit of a rhetorical question as I know many have fitted Rays wheels to their Mustangs.

I am looking at some SSR wheels which are 5x114.5 and wondered if we need a special make of wheel to account for the large 14mm wheel studs?

Can anyone who has put japanese wheels on their mustang clarify whether you needed mustang specific fitment?

Thanks
Typically when the order is placed they ask what vehicle it is for and they produce the wheel for the fitment so it uses the larges stud wholes 14mm

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
do a search. i recall a thread here about JDM wheels on mustangs, including pics.

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
Yes, they fit and there are a few Mustangs in Japan. I've seen them myself there :)

We have our collaboration with Work Wheels Japan, we design and engineer the wheels and they are manufactured in Japan. www.vossenxwork.com

Fitment's are on point with Mustangs. As Paul stated, they will simply build the wheel for the vehicle.
[ame]

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have RAYS Gramlights 57xtreme in 19x10.5 ET 35. They fit fine. Typically a wheel shop you order from will source them with 14mm stud holes if necessary. Otherwise, you can go to a machine shop (not your garage with a Home Depot drill bit) and have them drilled.

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have RAYS Gramlights 57xtreme in 19x10.5 ET 35. They fit fine. Typically a wheel shop you order from will source them with 14mm stud holes if necessary. Otherwise, you can go to a machine shop (not your garage with a Home Depot drill bit) and have them drilled.
That's a beautiful wheel. What size tyres are you running with them?