Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Paddle Extendors

Fitted these Paddle Extendors from Pinalloy - a good deal at £37 (and I actually prefer their look to the pricier ones from CJPonyparts, with larger cut outs on top. To ensure the 3M adhesion pads (supplied) work best, I added some adhesion enhancer: 3M 94 for the metal side, 3M 4298 for the plastic side). So far so good - it really brightens the cabin area, which is where most of my recent small mods are doing. And it adds some class and style.

paddles1.jpg

paddles2.jpg

paddles3.jpg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Are they REALLY that bad in the winter?

Like, beyond Winter Tyres?
They are terrible in the cold. Had a major sideways moment (almost ran out of opposite lock) on the A14 in the dry today just because we had stopped for 30 mins for a break and the tyres had cooled down.

Sponsored

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 2.3L EB Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
They are terrible in the cold. Had a major sideways moment (almost ran out of opposite lock) on the A14 in the dry today just because we had stopped for 30 mins for a break and the tyres had cooled down.
On Stock P Zeros ?

Im just asking as im picking mine up tomorrow.

I do have another car I can use throughout the winter but I'd love to have the mustang useable.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
On Stock P Zeros ?

I do have another car I can use throughout the winter but I'd love to have the mustang useable.
Just go easy with them, especially when brand new. If you have the spare cash get rid of them, if not just take it easy.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
On Stock P Zeros ?

PZs wont make you crash; only you'll do that. They'll be fine through the winter if you drive within their limits and your ability. They're poor in low temperatures certainly but not a lost cause.
If you absolutely can't do that then change them.

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Fitted these Paddle Extendors from Pinalloy - a good deal at £37 (and I actually prefer their look to the pricier ones from CJPonyparts, with larger cut outs on top.
Are they the eBay ones in silver?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
On Stock P Zeros ?

Make good use of the ‘wet’ mode. It’s not a gimmick or a nanny, it’s a useful tool, especially when you are new to the car.

Sponsored

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
PZs wont make you crash; only you'll do that. They'll be fine through the winter if you drive within their limits and your ability. They're poor in low temperatures certainly but not a lost cause.
If you absolutely can't do that then change them.
Agreed it s really down to how you drive it and being aware of the road conditions. Took it easy all last winter with the pzero and not had a problem

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yep on stock p zeros with 6000 miles on them. However I suspect there might have been some diesel down as it was the A1 / A14 roundabout and there are services there.. I like driving sideways but if I have to go much more than 1/4 turn opposite lock I can see the limits of my tallent rushing towards me like a freight train!
Worth pointing out they are very sensitive to pressure too. Most dealers seem to pump them up to 36psi for collection day. They should be 32 psi when cold. Check the pressures when you first get it. Makes a world of difference. As others say. Wet mode is more of a winter mode.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
As long as you are smooth with your inputs and drive to the conditions when it is wet or cold, you'll be fine with the P Zeros. I recently changed to MPSS all round and they are better for grip in the wet and I hope the cold too, but it still requires common sense and smooth inputs to the conditions when you have so much potential torque going through the rear wheels. I'll be using the car throughout the winter but being sensible about when it gets used and in what conditions.

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
On Stock P Zeros ?

Ask them to check wheel alignment pre-delivery. I only noticed after 7000 miles that I was getting uneven tyre wear. Dealer sorted it at the 1 year service and now the car is much more predictable.

The Ecoboost shouldn't be able to break traction if the road is warm and dry unless you're flat out in first/second with the TCS off. But ... now it's wet and cold, it's time to take things fairly easy anway. The Mustang bonnet does seem to create the illusion that you're travelling much slower than you are!

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to fit winters or get a cheap runabout for the period December to February.

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i managed all last winter (ok it wasn't that bad a winter but still) on the pzero's yeah they're shit and slidey but it didn't half make every trip out a fun event got it to the stage I could get near enough all the way to the office without the car going fully straight was great fun.
Sponsored