Boostworks Twin turbo kit track results

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Great MPH! I’d like to check out your setup one day...I’m not far from Lake Asbury. Very interested in a TT set up
Pm me we can get together.
Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm sending you a free water/meth injection kit. The piping is already plumbed for it.

Half the issue is placement of the oem IAT sensor. Relocating to the manifold alone will drop it 20-30 degrees.

The other half of the issue is that the bumper shrouds about 60% of the core. So, we literally have to use double the recommended core size.

Water/meth injection works well, and since you waited forever and this being an early kit, we're sending it for free. That will 100% take care of your issue.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I'm sending you a free water/meth injection kit. The piping is already plumbed for it.

Half the issue is placement of the oem IAT sensor. Relocating to the manifold alone will drop it 20-30 degrees.

The other half of the issue is that the bumper shrouds about 60% of the core. So, we literally have to use double the recommended core size.

Water/meth injection works well, and since you waited forever and this being an early kit, we're sending it for free. That will 100% take care of your issue.
Talk about f'in great costumer service, just for this I will be going with BW when I switch to turbos.

Still would like a pm back about the Paxton fmic ;)

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
More air in tge front wont help if it cant get out.
You still have battery cover, plastic coping and rubber lip on hood?
Get that out of there for way better ventalation in staging lanes and line.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Half the issue is placement of the oem IAT sensor. Relocating to the manifold alone will drop it 20-30 degrees
Can you elaborate on this part? I'd like to do this with mine as we're currently installing the kit and I'd like to avoid this issue.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can you elaborate on this part? I'd like to do this with mine as we're currently installing the kit and I'd like to avoid this issue.
We have a separate sensor and harness that moves the IAT from the MAF sensor (right in front of the hot radiator air stream) to the intake manifold. A lot of the issue is that the aluminum tube that holds the MAF and IAT sensor combo heat soaks very quickly (within a few seconds) and it's like a toaster oven. So, getting the sensor out of there and moving downstream into the plastic intake manifold helps.

I can send you one.. No worries.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you need a better tire setup and a converter, that 135 would of been low 10s already..

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Talk about f'in great costumer service, just for this I will be going with BW when I switch to turbos.

Still would like a pm back about the Paxton fmic ;)
We're just trying to make our kit better and keep our customers happy. We had a bumpy start earlier this year, but these guys have hung in there with us. We appreciate that.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
We have a separate sensor and harness that moves the IAT from the MAF sensor (right in front of the hot radiator air stream) to the intake manifold. A lot of the issue is that the aluminum tube that holds the MAF and IAT sensor combo heat soaks very quickly (within a few seconds) and it's like a toaster oven. So, getting the sensor out of there and moving downstream into the plastic intake manifold helps.

If you could include that with the other stuff, that would be awesome. Hope it works with the Boss manifold too :cheers:

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto

I moved my IAT sensor to my manifold and it didnt change a thing.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I moved my IAT sensor to my manifold and it didnt change a thing.
Good to know. I have heard of this but never changed mine. If it just reads high I would know its 20 degrees less but I guess not the case...

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium

So is this separate sensor harness on the new kit designs or is this something extra that someone has to request?

Sounds like you need a better tire setup and a converter, that 135 would of been low 10s already..
Besides at the track is there a certain point when the converter is needed? I was costing out my build and my installer said this was recommended.
Sponsored