Sponsored

Ambient lighting on both sides?

Scat550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is there supposed to be ambient lighting on both the passenger side and drivers side foot wells In the mustang GT Premium
Sponsored

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Metallic Grey)
I own a non Premium but both GT Premium cars I've driven have had it in both.

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium
Is there supposed to be ambient lighting on both the passenger side and drivers side foot wells In the mustang GT Premium
yes. should b both door latches, both foot wells, both door sills, and cup holders

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Yep! Both sides, I had an issue with my 2015 that the passenger side wasn't lit up but got it fixed as a warranty repair. Hope you get it cleared up!

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I never actually checked this. Will do tomorrow night.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The LED likely got pushed inside the door. The dealer can fix under warranty.
Anything I can try and do? hopefully just a simple bulb swap.

just noticed I don’t get the red door lock light either so either a wiring issue or a fuse... :angry:

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anything I can try and do? hopefully just a simple bulb swap.

just noticed I don’t get the red door lock light either so either a wiring issue or a fuse... :angry:

It’s not a bulb swap.

In the door cup, if you feel around the top of it you will find a hole in the plastic - that’s where the LED assembly should be in it’s normal position. It probably fell back into the door cavity and is hanging there...

If the LED is still in place then it’s possible the harness behind it is loose or fell off.

If you want to repair it yourself, you have to remove the entire door card off of the door and then fix it from the back side of the door card.

My prior 2016 S550 - it happened 2x on driver side. 1st fix was repaired under 3/36 warranty, 2nd time it happened, I left it because car was going through Buy Back process and was no longer my problem.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It’s not a bulb swap.

In the door cup, if you feel around the top of it you will find a hole in the plastic - that’s where the LED assembly should be in it’s normal position. It probably fell back into the door cavity and is hanging there...

If the LED is still in place then it’s possible the harness behind it is loose or fell off.

If you want to repair it yourself, you have to remove the entire door card off of the door and then fix it from the back side of the door card.

My prior 2016 S550 - it happened 2x on driver side. 1st fix was repaired under 3/36 warranty, 2nd time it happened, I left it because car was going through Buy Back process and was no longer my problem.
Why a buy back? I just got my car and also the door lock red light isn’t lighting so not sure what the issue is here....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why a buy back? I just got my car and also the door lock red light isn’t lighting so not sure what the issue is here....
Buy Back on my prior 2016 wasn’t for the little LED ... LOL... No, the Buy Back was due to persistent driveline vibration that could not be fixed by (2) Ford Service Centers, (2) Ford FSE’s and multiple visits to the Service Centers starting at just over 1k miles in new ownership and lasted until the Buy Back at 37k... Plus, the LED, plus the rear driver side 1/4 window needing replaced due to the molding being distorted on it, plus the driver side door gasket also curling up and never sealing .... the persistent driveline vibe was the end all - the other stuff didn’t bother me at all... extensive writes in the main driveline thread in the sissies/TSB sub-forum on here about that ordeal.

—

In any case, if anyone has issues with the Ambient lighting, it’s covered under the 3/36.
Sponsored